ADVERTISEMENT

Future is Bright

Qb and pass blocking must improve next year to take the next step forward but a bowl win will put a nice bow on this year. These seniors deserve to go out with a win. We aren't ready to compete with some of the programs we played this year but were closing the gap.

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
11 out of the 13 teams Pitt played this year will be in a Bowl.

2 are in the College Football Playoff.

3 are still undefeated.

9 out of the 13 were ranked at some point this season.

Don’t let the 7-6 record fool you.

This is the start of something special for @Pitt_FB
Future isn't bright. Recruiting has not been good, we rarely get any 4 star players and when we do they don't seem to be able to see the field, the offensive coordinator is god awful and needs canned and we have the worst passing offense since 1957. Our quarterback can't read defenses, runs for his life literally every time he drops back to throw and looks awful. And Narduzzi doesn't get his team prepared more than he does. Calling a timeout before the 3rd quarter starts? I mean that should be a fireable offense.

Future isn't bright. Recruiting has not been good, we rarely get any 4 star players and when we do they don't seem to be able to see the field, the offensive coordinator is god awful and needs canned and we have the worst passing offense since 1957. Our quarterback can't read defenses, runs for his life literally every time he drops back to throw and looks awful. And Narduzzi doesn't get his team prepared more than he does. Calling a timeout before the 3rd quarter starts? I mean that should be a fireable offense.
And yet.....we were still the best team in the coastal this year.....could it be that Clemson is just on a totally different planet than the rest of the ACC. Only other ranked team in the conference is Syracuse and we beat them.

Best team in the costal but could come up getting the worst bowl of every eligible costal team this year

I've heard it too many times. There is zero evidence to suggest next will be any better. Every team in the division but GT will be improved. PSU is @ and UCF will be heavy favorites at Heinz. 7-5. Meh. Who cares. We'll average well below 40K per game next season. It's the same as its been for 35 years.

I've heard it too many times. There is zero evidence to suggest next will be any better. Every team in the division but GT will be improved. PSU is @ and UCF will be heavy favorites at Heinz. 7-5. Meh. Who cares. We'll average well below 40K per game next season. It's the same as its been for 35 years.
It's not gonna be better next year.

Good post, needed, was at the game tonight and was a bit down with the performance overall, Clemson though should stomp ND that defensive speed is the real deal for sure and E-T-EN #9 got some mad speed and evasion skills. As a fan of a specific team it's easy to pin point the negatives, but if just looking in as a fan of college football, I think many will realize what the op posted as see the positives

I think PN is a decent coach. I will not say he is good but for the talent level
he is working with I think he did a good job. But the ultimate objective for the
Pitt program is to get better and contend with anybody including Clemson.
That means cleaning up areas of concern that have major issues. That starts
with recruiting better kids on both sides of the ball. I think our defense coordinator
CP is a very solid defensive line coach who has improved our run stopping He
has brought in some decent talent. PN must let our offensive coordinator SW go
after the season is over. His offense will never attract better talent which will stymie
this program moving forward. At the same time I feel the wide receivers coach needs
to go. These two areas are major issues that need to be addressed in off season.
We need receivers, tightends and QB who has vision and can throw the ball with accuracy.
No changes and no improvement moving forward.!

Reactions: Parkview57

3 are still undefeated.

too many bowl games, not a solid win all season. (cuse) maybe

I think the defense is going to be a really solid unit next year.

Need to find some more offense if this team is going to get to 7 wins again though.

The Oline will be a huge concern. The first guy off the bench this year - I’ll just say struggled.

That was my concern coming in to this year. Their run blocking of course was good to very good so I was wrong to an extent. But the pass blocking was nothing short of atrocious all year long. Never seen a unit with such a disparity.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
The Oline will be a huge concern. The first guy off the bench this year - I’ll just say struggled.

That was my concern coming in to this year. Their run blocking of course was good to very good so I was wrong to an extent. But the pass blocking was nothing short of atrocious all year long. Never seen a unit with such a disparity.
In a 1981 game at WVU, Pitt’s backup QB, subbing for an injured Dan Marino, was 0 for 6 passing. Pitt still won, 17-0.

This is why I don't understand the blame on Duzz or even Watson. Olison and Hall would play for Clemson, bun no-one else is even close. And if we stay in the Conference we could continue that to Mia, FSu, NC. If we want to go region WVU, PSU, OSU. We are very thin talent wise. And unless that changes we will be losing to southern miss in the gator bowl.

Who is responsible for the talent on a college football team?
This is why I don't understand the blame on Duzz or even Watson. Olison and Hall would play for Clemson, bun no-one else is even close. And if we stay in the Conference we could continue that to Mia, FSu, NC. If we want to go region WVU, PSU, OSU. We are very thin talent wise. And unless that changes we will be losing to southern miss in the gator bowl.

3 are still undefeated.

I wish I could agree with you. But unless some changes are made on the coaching staff, I'm afraid that we're likely to see more of the same for years to come. Having seen us play Clemson in person tonight, we are light years away from wherever they are. And I don't think maintaining the status quo is going to to get us there.

Pitt is an 8 win type of program. Those of you clamoring for 4 and 5 star recruits apparently do not attend college games in person. Narduzzi is doing a good job all things considered.

This is true.

It would be nice if Pitt would make every effort to become a major player again in recruiting.

The future is mediocrity which is the moment and the past.

A decent team, which is well prepared and motivated to play will whip Pitt’s ass in a bowl game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT