Game, Set, Match

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by fkthomas, Jun 8, 2017.

1. fkthomas

fkthomas Athletic Director
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

its been a while since we had a game, set, match thread. Who started the last one and how'd that end??

Anyway, I am kidding...but lib icon Chris Matthews has succumbed.

"And yet what came apart this morning was the [collusion] theory," Matthews said, listing two reasons why. First, he said Comey revealed that "Flynn wasn't central to the Russian investigation," and secondly, he said that kills the idea that Flynn might have been in a position to testify against Trump.

"And if that's not the case, where's the there-there?" Matthews said.

1 fkthomas, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  2. Jtommyj

Jtommyj All Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Lol,the same place it's been since day one. Nowhere.
    The person who IMHO ended up looking the worst today was Lynch. This Russian issue is only going to last so long then Trump needs to start following up on some of these campaign promises,no matter how untoward they are.
    You know the Dems will use it against the Rs in the mid-term and his re-election campaign should he decide to run again.

The loudest cheers from his deplorables came when he said he was going to lock up Cankles Clinton. He has the power. Lynch and the rest of the Obama/Clintons and their cronies should be dragged through the mud like he has been.

He needs to change the landscape here and go on the offensive. Who says there's a limit on how many special prosecutors or grand juries can be convened at once?

2 Jtommyj, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    mike 301 and paulbl99 like this.
  3. Toddy_Too_Hotty

Expand Collapse

It's good we have that guy around with his predictions ever since druid left and his fiery bold predictions went with him. But I do sincerely like druid and would like him back here again.

NTOP and Swervin27 like this.
  4. Jtommyj

Jtommyj All Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Wasn't it svpanther? He had a pretty good run of goofy predictions. He was another one who got mesmerized by my wife. Maybe he went the way of DoPey.

5. fkthomas

fkthomas Athletic Director
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

What is it with Druid? Why did he leave again? Does he get so wrapped up in politics and these discussions that he has to leave this board for his own well being? He puts me in mind of a friend of mine who checks out of things from time to time. We think it's by the orders of his therapist.

Jtommyj likes this.
  6. paulbl99

paulbl99 Athletic Director
    Expand Collapse

Hair doesn't grow back overnight.

Jtommyj likes this.
  7. SoufOaklin4Life

SoufOaklin4Life Lair Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Trump can murder a hooker in a joint session of congress and wipe his ass with the constitution...
    And the GOP majority would have never pursued impeachment.

typaul27 and JGregor like this.
  8. PittMan2003

PittMan2003 Redshirt
    Expand Collapse

If Chris Matthews is on board, I would think some of our liberal friends on here might stop believing the collusion narrative too? Anybody?

My hunch is the trump case will be like the global warming to climate change narrative (evolving to fit political needs). It will morph from collusion to obstruction to whatever else they concoct.

Jtommyj and paulbl99 like this.
  9. RJPittPanther

RJPittPanther Athletic Director
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

List all of his illegal actions, and unconstitutional decisions.

fkthomas and Jtommyj like this.
  10. paulbl99

Expand Collapse

You actually just described a trait of The Democrat Party to near perfection and one which isn't bad to have . ...something Rs could stand to learn from them.

11. JGregor

JGregor All Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

And many on here would cheer.

12. JGregor

JGregor All Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

How about not lying. How about doing what's best for the Country.

13. Jtommyj

Jtommyj All Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Is that what the Dems did when they kicked Bernie to the curb?

14. Swervin27

Swervin27 Athletic Director
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

We need some more libs on this board. Crazier the better. DOP leaving left a big hole. Ric, souf and Freeport need more numbers. Good guys are starting to outnumber the libs on this board.

I thought hailtopitt was one but he seems to dislike both sides.

Jtommyj likes this.
  15. paulbl99

Expand Collapse

You're off your nut

Did you listen to anything today or are you just in panic because Trump is being vindicated and you're blabbering the party line as fast as Fake News can spin it.

Jtommyj likes this.
  16. paulbl99

Expand Collapse

DoP was a punk
    Good riddance

fkthomas and Jtommyj like this.
  17. Jtommyj

Jtommyj All Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

They're all scattering like rats on a sinking ship. I promise you they'd be a few more here spouting off if Comey would've said Trump ordered him to stop the Flynn investigation.
    FWL - Fair weather libs.

I at least give the libs credit today who tried to fight the good fight.

As soon as the Dems have a good day,if they do, a few will show up.

PittMan2003 and paulbl99 like this.
  18. Swervin27

Swervin27 Athletic Director
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Don't worry, there will be another breaking news story tomorrow, fabricated by the fake news media that will assuredly lead to an impeachment.

I'm more concerned with leftover Muslim moles in White House staff. Trump should be getting the NSA terrorist sympathizer broad out soon, a close friend of huma "shocker" but I'm sure there are more.

Jtommyj likes this.
  19. Toddy_Too_Hotty

Expand Collapse

I think it is for his well being, and good on him for recongnizing it and taking corrective action. I don't watch any news show (hannity, maddow, maher) because they were bad for me too.
    I think UCI Panther went down a similar path and did the best thing for himself by leaving.

Jtommyj likes this.
  20. Toddy_Too_Hotty

Expand Collapse

I think you are correct. Maybe SVP can be the one breathing fire and spewing venom with bold fiery predictions told with absolute confidence....for days like today, it makes them really entertaining.

paulbl99 and Jtommyj like this.
  21. paulbl99

Expand Collapse

We're dealing with the North Koreans w Nukes, the 8th Century Islamistist Fascist who want to kill everyone of us and that whole mess in the ME The Three Stooges gave us ....and these Clowns on the Left have us dealing with an incompetent BOOB like Comey day after day hour after hour.

Comey is a strange dude and as I said weeks ago unfit to serve.
    Laura Ingraham nailed this guy tonight calling him Hamlet.

Can the Left now put this creep behind us and start addressing this nations real problems.

BPKY and Jtommyj like this.
  22. SoufOaklin4Life

Expand Collapse

In my hypothetical??seriously.

I said from the beginning nothing would come of this, for that reason.

23. SoufOaklin4Life

Expand Collapse

I think we are.

An incompetent administration

24. typaul27

typaul27 Walk-on
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Nah I just rather sit back and watch you trumpers circle jerk eachother about trump and how he isn't all that bad (it's the media's fault Etc. etc.) and that he's not corrupt in any way what so ever. Do you seriously think Dumph and the people he surrounds himself with aren't in any way shady and maybe just a little possibly corrupt?? Actually debating with you people is a lost cause.

No matter what happens with this Russian investigation it still doesn't take away from Trump being a complete idiot and a child. You seriously think in your mind Trump has any clue what he's doing??? He lost by 3 million votes and has currently a 34% approval rating (is that the lowest ever??), so by no means was he ever or ever will be a popular mandate. He will go down as one of the worst and most disliked presidents of all time.

FreeportPanther and JGregor like this.
  25. paulbl99

Expand Collapse

Great handle lol

Jtommyj likes this.
  26. BPKY

BPKY Assistant Coach
    Expand Collapse

Match Hair Fire was one of the best comebacks I've ever seen on these boards. A classic.

Unfortunately, It loses a lot the second time around.

27. JGregor

JGregor All Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Anyone who watched the hearing realizes that yesterday was one of the worst days for Donald Trump. A blundering liar. Comey came across as totally creditable and the days for Trump will get worse. You can't back a liar. And many of his staff are just as bad as him. The house of cards is falling. Perhaps the worse President ever. And did you see his lying lawyer?

Some of you seem like you are PSU fans backing Sandusky. Get real.

typaul27 likes this.
  28. RJPittPanther

RJPittPanther Athletic Director
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

A blundering liar, name a president who wasn't a liar or didn't get into sketchy stuff. Hell, the dumbo administration might be the worst of all time. Imagine what a Hillary administration would have been like.

Why don't you take a step back and cool your outrage for a second. Look at your investments and tell me how awful this administration is when our economy looks good and the president is already saving billions. How are you so deeply effected by a trump administration that you or your family are worse off because of him. How is our country suffering because of trump, when it was dumbo and killary who laid the foundation for a fractured country.

Let's talk about all the shit dumbo caused. And see if trump is truly the worst of them all.

Jtommyj likes this.
  29. BPKY

BPKY Assistant Coach
    Expand Collapse

Wow. You guys just don't stop. You just got your collective asses handed to you on your latest best hope to fabricate a criminal act by Trump, so you're trying to save face by deflecting and practicing denial over your own mendacity and the fact that you got taken in hook, line and sinker by fake news.

So now you lemmings have to create a new fake meme, i.e. that anyone who pointed out your foolishness for swallowing this story supports Trumps personal misbehavior and other character flaws.
    Not one lib on here is able to admit there was not evidence of collusion and that Trump was not under investigation back when it was first "reported". Every con on here said Trump acts like a child and is ill prepared for the office. But you can't face the facts that were provided today because they contradict your statist religious beliefs. Facts are the reason debating with "us folks" is a lost cause. Our facts Trumped your feelings...again....still. Learn to deal with it, snowflake.

Jtommyj and NCPitt like this.
  30. BPKY

BPKY Assistant Coach
    Expand Collapse

Comey was Sandusky here, not Trump. Comey admitted to leaking his memos. Comey contradicted his prior testimony in his effort to save face. Trump was proven correct.

Trumps house of cards just got validated. Comey best get ready to lawyer up.

"How about not lying. How about doing what's best for the Country."
    "You're off your nut"

Jtommyj likes this.
  31. JGregor

JGregor All Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

My investments are doing great double digit returns thanks to Obsma's eight years to turn around the greatest recession. Trump has been in office just over four months and he has had no major economic legislation.

Several legal analysts believe that very possibly Trump is guilty of obstruction yet you guys are singing over yesterday. Foolish.

Our country is suffering because we have the MOST lying President in history, who is at odds with our best foreign allies,
    Who tries to subvert the justice department and ignores the constitution, proposed the worst budget and tax reform imaginable, is impulsive, lacks focus and doesn't read or learn the policy issues. A total mess who may need to resign or be impeached.

typaul27 likes this.
  32. JGregor

JGregor All Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Such a smart man like you could believe in Trump's vindication from yesterday's hearing?

33. JGregor

JGregor All Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Trump was looking for a top lawyer but none would have him so he chose his friend from NY who got the facts wrong and previously represented him in suits by plaintiffs in his fraud cases, I.e. Trump University!

typaul27 likes this.
  34. NTOP

NTOP Lair Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Why are you opposed to lying now?? 8 years of it and you were entranced. As for doing what's best for the country....I agree. Drain the swamp, reduce the bureaucracy by 20%, open the doors a bit for repatriation of the trillions parked overseas, esp. in crumbling Europe. Establish term limits, reform Congressional benefits, end all direct subsidies (which are NOT reasonable tax breaks for businesses), leave the U.N., win the war against Islamic terrorism, rescind Citizens United, allow states to issue school vouchers, and get me off this awful cardio diet. Blehhhhh!

Jtommyj likes this.
  35. pittguy81

pittguy81 Junior
    Expand Collapse

Trump not lying would be fantastic. We would never have to listen to him speak again.

BPKY, typaul27 and JGregor like this.
  36. JGregor

JGregor All Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

No Senator yesterday praised the President many did so for Comey.

typaul27 likes this.
  37. JGregor

JGregor All Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I agree with most of your points but differ about Obama.

Eat for health not pleasure and wish you to be healthy!

38. JGregor

JGregor All Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

A good point.

39. NTOP

NTOP Lair Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, J. The lack of salt is the culprit....amazing how a small bit of that stuff changes flavors. We've adjusted quite a bit.....avoiding processed foods wherever we can. Just simple things will surprise you....Giant Eagle offers store-prepared chicken pot pies. I may have them twice a year as a quick fix......sodium content is 1600mg.....about 3 days allowance. We love seafood....but shellfish is a big no-no. There goes the oyster bar!!

JGregor likes this.
  40. NCPitt

NCPitt Board of Trustee
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

How is the country suffering due to Trump's lying?

Jtommyj likes this.