ADVERTISEMENT

GAme thread..anyone

Stallings will not be back next year.

No info or anything, just the vibe I'm getting when I watch these games like VT, GT, Syracuse...

The Duke game was expected, as were losses, but the manner in which they are happening along with not much hope for the future + the low fan support of Stallings = some sort of compromise for both Pitt and Stallings to get out of this mess.

Or at least, I hope.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Not going to win many scoring 45.

Need a lot more out of Carr, Stevenson and Frame.

Frame might be a lost cause (on balance) but it is an absolute must that Carr and Stevenson pick it up.

Davis has disappeared as well.

Reactions: whirlybird optio
Not going to win many scoring 45.

Need a lot more out of Carr, Stevenson and Frame.

Frame might be a lost cause (on balance) but it is an absolute must that Carr and Stevenson pick it up.

Davis has disappeared as well.

Outside of the 1st half of the VT game, Carr has been straight bad in each of the other 11 halves we have played in the ACC. Just can’t have that.

Davis just doesn’t do anything. I can’t imagine he’s part of the long term plans here.

I see it the other way... when we lose games like this by double digits it shows us how we WILL go 0-18...

These are such winnable games, it just shows how bad we truly are.

-I didnt watch the game. I looked at the score. We lost by 14. We are 0-6 in the ACC and lost every ACC game by at least 14 points minimum. We lost to Duke by 35 and Louisville by 26. This was Syracuse first ACC win, against us.

-Maybe we can compete with Wake Forest.

-Here is what I think of Stallings as this season progresses. We are the big boat. Stallings getting paid in the little boat, without worry. The entire Pitt sports administration sits on the big boat. Sinking, fast.

how-to-spot-a-sinking-ship-640x430.jpg

That was humiliating. Carr is getting so much worse every single game, same for Stevenson. Chukwuka was a nice complimentary for Stewart but when you have 1 guy carrying the team and only 1 other guy doing anything there is no hope. This might have actually been the worst game all season just considering so many guys were awful. Defensively they played well, but on the other hand Syracuse was absolutely terrible too.

A little question. They just took the TV timeout at 16:00. Didn't the rule used to be that the media timeout had to take place "under" 16, 12, 8 and 4 ... not "at" this mark?
I'm still confused if cuse called a timeout or if we fouled them.When they came back they never said and they never do.Way too many replays of nonsense to miss live action as well.

I'm still confused if cuse called a timeout or if we fouled them.When they came back they never said and they never do.Way too many replays of nonsense to miss live action as well.

I really loved having that split screen shot of Boeheim in the upper corner. And the commentary on his jacket removal, that's very dramatic stuff. Who has time to worry about explaining time outs versus fouls when Boeheim disrobes during the game?

That was humiliating. Carr is getting so much worse every single game, same for Stevenson. Chukwuka was a nice complimentary for Stewart but when you have 1 guy carrying the team and only 1 other guy doing anything there is no hope. This might have actually been the worst game all season just considering so many guys were awful. Defensively they played well, but on the other hand Syracuse was absolutely terrible too.

Except for this play

What is a Rob Dauster? Is that when you both leave a floater in the toilet and steal a girls leftovers from the fridge before you ghost out in the morning?
What does that have to do with bad shot selection and horrible transition defense?

Congrats to Parker though.

A special night for him.

-At what point, in your opinion, does Stallings get the ax at Pitt? Or I should rephrase that. How long would you give Stallings at this moment in time if you were the Pitt AD and under what conditions?

-We arent even competitive...... No recruits..... No fanbase showing up.....

-At what point, in your opinion, does Stallings get the ax at Pitt? Or I should rephrase that. How long would you give Stallings at this moment in time if you were the Pitt AD and under what conditions?

I can't say I know the answer but I suspect the powers that be are considering it.

You almost have to wait for the end of the season. You can't hire a guy now unless its an unemployed guy and his assistants are all his sidekicks who may walk knowing that a temp HC has no chance of becoming a permanent position.

You have nothing to gain by firing him before the end of NEXT season and stand to lose million$ if you do. This program is a corpse with or without Stallings. He has to make something happen with these young players and his current recruits next year or he will be out. Barring something bad off the court or him retiring/quitting, no way we fire him. If we had a big shot booster that would step up and volunteer to cover the buy-out and be a sugar daddy for the next coach, then we could discuss a move this year.

Stallings - offensive genius. That seems to be the standard coach speak.

Boeheim said "Earlier in the year we played Toledo and Buffalo and Oakland. Those teams are as good as Pittsburgh or better. I'm encouraged by how close we came (in the losses). We should have won two of those road games."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT