ADVERTISEMENT

Gaylord Perry to the portal….RIP

84? That dude looked like he was 60 when he was still playing back in the 1980s.
327098.jpg

I read the baseball book It Ain't Cheating If You Don't Get Caught at least 30 times as a kid. Perry was a prominent feature in there.

84? That dude looked like he was 60 when he was still playing back in the 1980s.
327098.jpg
You beat me to it. I was just thinking how Malkin looks not much different than his early days compared to how guys like Gretzky, Trotter, Savard, LeFluer, Francis looked at the same age. Jagr held on for a long while but man has the last 3-4 years aged him!

You beat me to it. I was just thinking how Malkin looks not much different than his early days compared to how guys like Gretzky, Trotter, Savard, LeFluer, Francis looked at the same age. Jagr held on for a long while but man has the last 3-4 years aged him!

Jagr still looks like he could play though.

For me it’s a matter of age. Everyone looked old when I was a kid. Now not so much. Perry definitely looked older than his age though. Probably a lot had to do with diet and conditioning (or lack thereof) back then.

ADVERTISEMENT