ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia, Alabama, OSU, Clem & Mich…

4upmc

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2017
Those are the only teams to win more games than the 20 Pitt has won over the past 2 years. PN has built a program!

What makes the 20 wins more impressive is the long list of “big name” programs Pitt has outperformed. Programs like LSU, Auburn, TXA&M, Oklahoma, OK St, TX, FL, Miami, FSU, USC, the cult PSU, etc. These programs have huge financial advantages in NIL $, Recruiting staffs, Alum donations, fan support, etc.

Graham Wilbert, Karlo Z, Adam Caultry & Alex Klien…that’s our recruiting staff and they do a heck of a job. All of the schools listed have at least double and in some cases 3 times as many people on their recruiting staffs. In addition theses schools have way more quality control assistants (many times former head coaches or coordinators) than Pitt has.

I could go on and on about the enormous financial advantages these schools have over Pitt. But most get the point. To summarize, PN with major disadvantages has done an unbelievable job. Glad he is our coach!

A competent AD and some consistency leads to success. With Pitt in a watered down Big East and then then the easier ACC division, they should have been seeing similar seasons for nearly 20 years now. But thanks to poor athletic leadership from the likes Steve Peterson and Mark Nordenburg, it took much longer then it should have.

Those are the only teams to win more games than the 20 Pitt has won over the past 2 years. PN has built a program!

What makes the 20 wins more impressive is the long list of “big name” programs Pitt has outperformed. Programs like LSU, Auburn, TXA&M, Oklahoma, OK St, TX, FL, Miami, FSU, USC, the cult PSU, etc. These programs have huge financial advantages in NIL $, Recruiting staffs, Alum donations, fan support, etc.

Graham Wilbert, Karlo Z, Adam Caultry & Alex Klien…that’s our recruiting staff and they do a heck of a job. All of the schools listed have at least double and in some cases 3 times as many people on their recruiting staffs. In addition theses schools have way more quality control assistants (many times former head coaches or coordinators) than Pitt has.

I could go on and on about the enormous financial advantages these schools have over Pitt. But most get the point. To summarize, PN with major disadvantages has done an unbelievable job. Glad he is our coach!
Great job by our staff!

Reactions: 4upmc
I’m glad he has done this. But honestly, the 10 win mark really means so much more. If we can be a 10 win season more often it would pay itself dividends with recruiting, NIL, consistent top 25, and national respect. Beating UCLA was awesome, but man would it have been huge if it was 10 or 11 wins. I’m not saying what we have now isn’t good, but the 10 win mark means so much more for a program.

ADVERTISEMENT