ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Tech has their sights on Pitt

As the old cliche goes, this game is going to tell a lot about where this team wants to be this year. It's not often you can win on emotion but there's not going to be a better chance to do so for a long time.

As the old cliche goes, this game is going to tell a lot about where this team wants to be this year. It's not often you can win on emotion but there's not going to be a better chance to do so for a long time.

This is the most important game of the season for Pitt. Another lack luster offensive performance from Max Browne and the entire team folds. Ben DiNucci keeps them in the game and there is something to build on. Ben DiNucci leads them to victory and you really have something to build on.

Reactions: Jakey_John
Charlie Strong , with attendance worse than ours, a crappy conf, is building a top 20 program at S Fld

Charlie Strong , with attendance worse than ours, a crappy conf, is building a top 20 program at S Fld
Foge Fazio and Paul Hackett also won right out of the gate, and look how that turned out. Tap the brakes. Strong had one of the top jobs in the country and finished 16-21 at Texas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Las Panteras
The last guy at USF was just hired by Oregon. He may have had a little to do with it.

Strong is a good coach but the situation he walked into is just a tad different than the one Narduzzi and Chryst did.

Fight!

Don-Frye-Vs.-Yoshihiro-Takayama.gif

The last guy at USF was just hired by Oregon. He may have had a little to do with it.

Strong is a good coach but the situation he walked into is just a tad different than the one Narduzzi and Chryst did.
I would say Strong is a good recruiter, especially in FL. He had a very good QB in Bridgewater who won a lot of games at Louisville. He is in a good spot at USF, but I am not sure that I'd call him a good coach after what I saw at Texas.

Randleman is dead and Coleman is a mess. There was at least one crowd fund campaign so he could have surgery on his hip I believe.
There is no better commentating team for MMA than Bas Rutten and Steven "the fight professor" Quadros.

To connect Pittsburgh and Pride FC, here is a factoid. Pirates dugout jockey
ROBBY INCMIKOSKI was the commentator for Pride Shockwave 2006 under the name Rob Mikoski.
DFC-GErXYAUeP79.jpg:large

I have such a bad feeling about this game. I see GT catching us off guard and airing it out for a TD or 3.
I do not think GT ever "airs" it out as their coach is a stubborn "we are gonna run it all day" dude. But I do think you are right in that Pitt gets toasted when they know the pass is coming and that toaster dial will be set to 10 when GT does some play action off that option.

I do not think GT ever "airs" it out as their coach is a stubborn "we are gonna run it all day" dude. But I do think you are right in that Pitt gets toasted when they know the pass is coming and that toaster dial will be set to 10 when GT does some play action off that option.
Many are counting on Whitehead return to invigorate. Well, first he's just one guy. Second, based on his rumored transgressions causing his suspension, he may not be in max game shape, physically or mentally. Or maybe that's wrong, maybe he'll be extra amped up, which may also work against us. Susceptible to fakes, misdirection, play action. Hopefully he'll make a difference and in a good way, but it isn't wise to count on it.

I first thought Pitt would got to Atlanta and win this game....at least make it close....because Tech cant throw it.

But after watching Pitt Saturday....this team tackles about as well as the JMII teams.....

including 72-0.

Tech may not have a first round WR or a high draft pick QB.....but they have athletes that will run away from Pitt's horrible tacklers

38-20 Tech

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
I would say Strong is a good recruiter, especially in FL. He had a very good QB in Bridgewater who won a lot of games at Louisville. He is in a good spot at USF, but I am not sure that I'd call him a good coach after what I saw at Texas.

He was set up to fail at Texas

Funny because say narduzzi would've left and Charlie strong comes here, guys like peterman and Conner returned, we were ranked in the top 25. Put us in the same situation as usf right now, beat 4 not so good teams out of the gate, the following would be the ONLY things talked about on this board:

Strong inherited this team, narduzzi is gone, this season is the only chance we ever have at winning.

Look how embarrassing our attendance was on a Thursday night, we're in the top 25, obviously we need to move back on campus.

Yeah we're winning now but wait til narduzzi's players are gone, strong will never win here after that.

But as it is this is going on somewhere other than pitt so all of a sudden strong is some amazing program builder. So amazing that he should get credit for inheriting a team and then beating temple, Illinois, San Jose, and the powerful stony brook.

Strong could very well be successful there, he no longer has to recruit against other top programs. He did however have everything a coach could ever want at his disposal while at Texas. I honestly wouldn't be that surprised if they choke away a game later this year and fail to go undefeated, something everyone in sports it seems has predicted.

I first thought Pitt would got to Atlanta and win this game....at least make it close....because Tech cant throw it.

But after watching Pitt Saturday....this team tackles about as well as the JMII teams.....

including 72-0.

Tech may not have a first round WR or a high draft pick QB.....but they have athletes that will run away from Pitt's horrible tacklers

38-20 Tech
Tackling was terrible but what bothers me more was that it was a rare occasion when a PITT tackler was in a position to make a good tackle?

This game could come down to FG's. If Narduzzi, staff, and players can get all the other stuff right so how has that worked out for us lately?

The glass is half full guy strikes again PITT 42 - GT 35 in a track meet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT