ADVERTISEMENT

Gibbs

Matt Steinbrink

Head Coach
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2002
Pitt needs to take a point guard, whether it is a senior or a junior. I think the more realistic option is in 2016. Basically, you have Marcus LoVett in the 2015 class, or Gibbs/Winston or another in 2016. To me, it seems like LoVett is a long shot. His recruitment is all over the place and his father just stated in an article that St. John's is about the only school on him. There are major academic concerns as well. I also think LoVett is one of the best point guards left on the board, which always leads to some inflated opinions.

I think the best option is to add in 2016. With that being said, it sounds like TJ Gibbs has moved to the top of the priority list. Cassius Winston tells me that he speaks to Williamson "a little bit." With Gibbs, Dixon seems to be taking a major interest in the recruitment. He has been in contact with TJ a lot, and has made several visits lately. Reading between the lines, it seems like Pitt loves both kids, but are spending more time on TJ. Just thinking out loud, I would imagine that if Williamson can land Winston, great, but they are not counting on it. If the relationship there is that strong, it will just get done. But Jamie has been spending a lot more time on TJ.

I am also hearing that TJ is starting to get more and more comfortable with Pitt. Also, they seem to be in good shape with Tervell Beck and Corey Manigault. A class consisting of those three would be perfect for Pitt. An ideal program class. If Mustapha Heron ends up, it would be great but I would not put all of my eggs in that basket.

If they finish 2015 strong, the program will be back for a long time starting next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News