ADVERTISEMENT

GOAT of GOATs

Not disagreeing, but this game isn't proof of that. They scored 13 points. If you're talking Belicheck, then no argument here.

Reactions: PittMan2003
And he'll be back next year as well. When you have a division that hands you a home game in the 2nd round of the playoffs, why would you leave?

He's the best. He does it with crap at WR also.

I think I hate Edelman more than I hate Brady.

Reactions: caleco's
Not disagreeing, but this game isn't proof of that. They scored 13 points. If you're talking Belicheck, then no argument here.
TWO excellent teams....old school football (the way it should be played) whats wrong with that..oh I know the MOTHER FXXKN Steelers couldn't get there...if they ever will again.....BOO HOO....live with it!!!

TWO excellent teams....old school football (the way it should be played) whats wrong with that..oh I know the MOTHER FXXKN Steelers couldn't get there...if they ever will again.....BOO HOO....live with it!!!
I'm not sure if that's directed at me, but I could care less if the Steelers made it or not. Just saying Brady didn't win the game. Defense did.

I'm not sure if that's directed at me, but I could care less if the Steelers made it or not. Just saying Brady didn't win the game. Defense did.
Not directed at you slick.....defensive victory I will take any day....and TB well, not much else to say....best of ALL time!!!! Have another IRON!!

Belichick deserves so much credit as does Brady. That said, Belichick is one hell of a defensive mind. The Rams were a pretty good offense all year but, New England shut them down. New England didn't have two of the very best defensive tackles to ever play the game either. They did have some really solid defensive backs tho that were extremely well coached. Most times it appeared they knew the routes the Rams receivers were going to run before they ran them.

Add to that, New England was able to get more pressure on Goff with their no name defensive line and linebackers. Mostly because Belichick is very creative with his blitzes, often not having anyone with their hand on the ground, so the O-line has to guess who is coming and who is dropping out. He is able to do this, and yet keep the defense gap sound.

He is coaching at higher level than all other NFL coaches. I would love to see how their defense would perform with say Tomlin or other defensive oriented coaches. I doubt like hell they would come close to qualifying for the Superbowl. Belichick amazes me every year, just when I think they are getting to old and the defense is below average, they step up and play unbelievable football.

It takes some luck too. Had they not won the coin toss against KC, Mahomes and company would have hoisted the Lambardi tonight. That said, had KC not been shut out by New England's Defense in the first half, there wouldn't have been a need to toss a coin. Once again, you have to credit that defense, shutting out KC for a half is a hell of an accomplishment.

What amazes me about the pats is they do it with a bunch of no name guys. Other than Brady and Gronk none of the players on offense or defense are household names. Edelman was a qb at Kent state. Guys have left the pats and done nothing. The genius behind the pats is Belichek. What he did with that defense which on paper doesn’t have half the talent the Steelers have is amazing. Their playoff performance was dominant Yet tomlin keeps the bozo DC. The pats are a tribute to great coaching and team play

What amazes me about the pats is they do it with a bunch of no name guys. Other than Brady and Gronk none of the players on offense or defense are household names. Edelman was a qb at Kent state. Guys have left the pats and done nothing. The genius behind the pats is Belichek. What he did with that defense which on paper doesn’t have half the talent the Steelers have is amazing. Their playoff performance was dominant Yet tomlin keeps the bozo DC. The pats are a tribute to great coaching and team play
The pats defense has really good linebackers and their secondary is good, too.

Steelers defense lacks talent, so not sure what you mean

Who in the hell actually watched this game and is yelling about how great Brady is? New England won with defense, defense and their offensive line won this Super Bowl.

That argument doesn’t fly anymore Edelman and Welker have been mainstays for awhile now. There have been plug ins at WR and RB but amongst Brady, Edelman, Welker and Gronkowski no one has been able to stop them for a very long time. Sure, Edelman and Welker aren’t prototypical but it’s long beyond the point of claiming they’re not household names.

The defense on the other hand you’re absolutely correct.

The pats defense has really good linebackers and their secondary is good, too.

Steelers defense lacks talent, so not sure what you mean

Roberts. Sixth round draft pick
Chung washed out with eagles
Mcourty.
Van Noy stuggled to start for the lions and was traded
Mccourty bounces around from the titans and Browns

NE has not more talent at LB Zane DB thay the Steelers yet their defense is superior

Coaching matters

I thought Steigerwald had a good article. For sure Brady is great but how much of his greatness is based on belichick game planning and team based play. Pretty easy to be a great Qb when you are only sacked once in 9 superbowls. Or when your former Kent state wr is running wide open most plays Anyone think Edelman would be as good on any other NFL Team.

The real goat is belichick. I can’t stand the dude but what he’s done is nothing short of amazing

Most amazing thing in the game was how Aaron Donald was dominated. He couldn't get away with his normal strategy of picking a side and swimming on run downs.

Most amazing thing in the game was how Aaron Donald was dominated. He couldn't get away with his normal strategy of picking a side and swimming on run downs.

It’s what Belichick does. He eliminates the other teams best player The double teamed him all game The rams D still played more than good enough to win

It’s what Belichick does. He eliminates the other teams best player The double teamed him all game The rams D still played more than good enough to win

It was more than double teams. They're the 1st team I've seen that actually utilized technique to be successful. They were employing old school shoulder in the hip run your feet strategy that hs wing t teams use vs penetrating DL. Their doubles were surgical with regards to execution.

Shaq Mason played at GT in the veer. I thought it was going to be great match-up because Mason is probably the quickest og in the league off the ball.

It was more than double teams. They're the 1st team I've seen that actually utilized technique to be successful. They were employing old school shoulder in the hip run your feet strategy that hs wing t teams use vs penetrating DL. Their doubles were surgical with regards to execution.

Shaq Mason played at GT in the veer. I thought it was going to be great match-up because Mason is probably the quickest og in the league off the ball.

I may be wrong but it appeared that Donald was on the other side of the line most of the game and wasn’t head to head with mason

I didn't know a QB needed to throw for 300 yds and 3 TDs in all of his SIX Super Bowl wins in order to prove how damn good he is.

I think you have to give credit to both coach & QB as the GOAT. Hoodie's first gig as HC didn't go well without Brady. It will be interesting to see how many he wins without Brady.

Indeed. Holding NE to 13 or whatever is a win most of the time. Not running the ball enough (I know Gurley apparently is injured, but their chubby backup was effective) and relying on unsteady Goff were the undoings for LA. Woeful offensive game plan.

No denying Brady's greatness, but this one will stand the test of time as a coaching gem.

A below average 21st-ranked defense holds the 2nd ranked offense to 3 points. That's insanity even with Gurley likely far more injured than they want to admit.

Roberts. Sixth round draft pick
Chung washed out with eagles
Mcourty.
Van Noy stuggled to start for the lions and was traded
Mccourty bounces around from the titans and Browns

NE has not more talent at LB Zane DB thay the Steelers yet their defense is superior

Coaching matters
Have you watched how they played?

That’s what matters

Who are the more talented Steelers?
Who is remotely as good as Gilmore in our secondary ?
Hightower and van noy would start over any non- watt linebacker.

I may be wrong but it appeared that Donald was on the other side of the line most of the game and wasn’t head to head with mason

He bounced away from the strength from what I saw most of the night. They ran a bunch of weakside ISO at AD. It was a genius move because it's really the only thing you can do to AD. You can potentially nullify most of his gifts by going right at him. Most teams are either too scared to do it or aren't bright enough to employ that tactic.

He bounced away from the strength from what I saw most of the night. They ran a bunch of weakside ISO at AD. It was a genius move because it's really the only thing you can do to AD. You can potentially nullify most of his gifts by going right at him. Most teams are either too scared to do it or aren't bright enough to employ that tactic.

I saw Brady get hit like I never saw him get hit before. That is one of the worst performances I ever seen Brady had. Why because the Pats were going at AD so much it allowed Suh and the others free to knock Brady around, yet you are complementing NE because of their handling of AD who still made tackles and hits? If Brady got hit like that (like most QBs do) even just a 4 or 5 games a year, he would have been out of the league years ago.

I saw Brady get hit like I never saw him get hit before. That is one of the worst performances I ever seen Brady had. Why because the Pats were going at AD so much it allowed Suh and the others free to knock Brady around, yet you are complementing NE because of their handling of AD who still made tackles and hits? If Brady got hit like that (like most QBs do) even just a 4 or 5 games a year, he would have been out of the league years ago.

The Pats run game dominated the Rams. They averaged 5 yards a carry as a team. Michel was getting downhill with ease. HelHell, Rex freaking Burkhart was gashing them.

Brady wasn't great by any means but you must be talking about Goff getting hit and not Brady.

The Rams had 1 sack and 7 hurries. The Pats more than tripled that.

The Pats run game dominated the Rams. They averaged 5 yards a carry as a team. Michel was getting downhill with ease. HelHell, Rex freaking Burkhart was gashing them.

Brady wasn't great by any means but you must be talking about Goff getting hit and not Brady.

The Rams had 1 sack and 7 hurries. The Pats more than tripled that.
Yup - The Pats won the battle up front. They won the battle up front the entire playoffs.

There is no question this is the greatest dynasty in NFL history.

But is it the greatest dynasty in American pro sports since Curt Flood and the unions brought us free agency in the 1970s? Because Montreal Candaiens (those two stretches of so many titles) and Boston Celtics (11 rings in 13 years) won those titles before free agency. Unrestricted free agency didn't come until 1995? to the NHL.

I can't think of a better dynasty since the free agency era hit the major sports. Yeah, they cheated, but others probably did too. They are just the best run pro franchise in my lifetime.

ya, to the tune of 3 points through 3 quarters which was the weakest offensive scoring output in super bowl history.....It was not until their OC drew up some stuff in the dirt in the 4th that turned the tide.no hips, no feet, no other strategy other than what the hell lets bring in a full back type and change a couple formations and see what happens.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT