ADVERTISEMENT

Good blocking breakdown from PG new Pitt writer

Saboteur II

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2020
Some fool recently posted a childish rant about the new PITT beat writer at the PG.
Read this column and his breakdown of the companion films.
He gives a splendid analysis. Soooo much better than stringing quotes over and over or whining about PNs tight lid on injuries.

Last edited:
Some fool recently posted a childish rant about the new PITT beat writer at the PG.
He gives a splendid analysis. Soooo much better that stringing quotes over and over or whining about PNs tight lid on injuries.
Carter is pretty good. He is a good Twitter follow too.

He gives a splendid analysis. Soooo much better that stringing quotes over and over or whining about PNs tight lid on injuries.
Thanks. I thought that was a really good article.

You have your writers mixed up. This story was written by Christopher Carter. The green kid is Noah Hiles.

Last edited:
Reactions: President Stache
You have your writers mixed up. This story was written by Christopher Carter. The green kid is Noah Holes.
No I don’t have them mixed up. I am 100% correct.
Here is the August 17, 2022 article from the PG introducing Carter as the new PG Pitt athletics reporter.

Hiles is new to Pitt too, but “young” is a better description than “green”. He was green when reporting for the Beaver Valley Times which has a history of excellent talent. Doc Emerick got his start there too. When I lived in the Sewickley postal I often read the BVT.
I enjoy reading Hiles as well. He doesn’t pulll the typical Yinzer Sports writer ploy of stringing quotes either.

Last edited:
No I don’t have them mixed up. I am 100% correct.
Here is the August 17, 2022 article from the PG introducing Carter as the new PG Pitt athletics reporter.

Hiles is new to Pitt too, but “young” is a better description than “green”. He was green when reporting for the Beaver Valley Times which has a history of excellent talent. Doc Emerick got his start there too. When I lived in the Sewickley postal I often read the BVT.
I enjoy reading Hiles as well. He doesn’t pulll the typical Yinzer Sports writer ploy of stringing quotes either.
And here is the Aug. 25 story saying Hiles is the Pitt reporter.

This is the sort of X's and O's piece you want to see from a beat writer on a non press conference, non game day. Then off season you want a good human interest long form piece and summer camp reports that aren't just quotes of the head coach. Hopefully he sticks around long enough/doesn't get laid off before we can see some more.

Last edited:
You have your writers mixed up. This story was written by Christopher Carter. The green kid is Noah Hiles.

Yes, the other thread was about Noah Hiles. I Noah nothing about him, but that was mentioned, he came from the Beaver Times, so that was the topic. Carter has been really good

Reactions: Saboteur II
This is the sort of X's and O's piece you want to see from a beat writer on a non press conference, none game day. Then off season you want a good human interest long form piece and summer camp reports that aren't just quotes of the head coach. Hopefully he sticks around long enough/doesn't get laid off before we can see some more.
Yes…someone who actually knows the game.

It's actually terrible analysis to suggest that a desperate attempt to address injuries along the offensive front, that just happened to work against a MAC school, should be the plan the rest of the season. Sort of similar to suggesting that because Nate Yarnell has the best passer rating on the team and led the team to its biggest victory, he's the answer to Pitt's QB situation, now. A couple of those guys on that d-line weren't even evaluated as recruits (0-stars). The decent RSFR DE was a solid 2-star. Going to guess, without looking, that Tennessee and WVU rolled in with a bit more talent than that.

ADVERTISEMENT