ADVERTISEMENT

Good showing by Pitt Wrestlers at Clarion open

Where is the good showing? We had one winner. Utah Valley did a lot better.

Micky won every match as did Dom 33 going to be a strong weight for years. Nino took second and also wrestled a solid tournament. Micky and he both red shirt. Wenzel took third and lost chance marsteller, no shame. Rember he is a freshmen. Lots positives

Micky won every match as did Dom 33 going to be a strong weight for years. Nino took second and also wrestled a solid tournament. Micky and he both red shirt. Wenzel took third and lost chance marsteller, no shame. Rember he is a freshmen. Lots positives

Plus, there were a bunch of starters that we didn't send to the Tournament, otherwise, we likely would have done even better.

Last edited:
Reactions: 33Rocks
I watched most of the matches - they wrestled well. And UVU is a very good team, but also had all their starters there b/c they wrestled at WVU the day before. We basically had 2 starters wrestle - Dom and JW. The other weights were either backups or guys still trying to prove themselves as a starter.

The problem at this stage in the year, you cant look at a results page only - you should watch the matches and look deeper into the results to see who actually is competing

If only two starters there, I agree not bad at all. I only saw the results posted. Did not know who did not wrestle.

If only two starters there, I agree not bad at all. I only saw the results posted. Did not know who did not wrestle.
These open tournaments are more individual than team. Kids show up from all over. Good chance for our young guys to get experience and redshirts to compete.

We sent like 13-14 guys, and the only starters were Dom & Wentzel. Nino will most likely redshirt but I guess that's not 100% certain.

We sent like 13-14 guys, and the only starters were Dom & Wentzel. Nino will most likely redshirt but I guess that's not 100% certain.

Nino was beating up on his opponents until the semifinals. Doesn't look like there is much else at that weight on the roster so I would think it would be hard to redshift him.

Did Dom/Philippi not wrestle in the finals? I was having a hard time figuring out what the "m" meant in the match results of the brackets. Anyone help me out on that?

Nino was beating up on his opponents until the semifinals. Doesn't look like there is much else at that weight on the roster so I would think it would be hard to redshift him.

Did Dom/Philippi not wrestle in the finals? I was having a hard time figuring out what the "m" meant in the match results of the brackets. Anyone help me out on that?

I think Micky defaulted in the finals. I forgot Bell also wrestled but was injured.

I think Micky defaulted in the finals. I forgot Bell also wrestled but was injured.

Thanks. That's what I figured but that was the only kind of result that was completely unclear in the brackets. There was quite a few of them throughout the tournament, though Micky/Dom was the only one in a final match.

Yes, smart move, no need for those two to wrestle it’s only risk for injury and with Micky RS...keep Dom in that high ranking position. 7th at 33.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT