ADVERTISEMENT

Gotta Love the Fact that ESPN...

YourPittDanceTeam

Sophomore
Dec 8, 2010
...Has set aside FOUR HOURS of programming for the announcement of it's College Football Selection Show.
It really does how how pathetic the network has become. They show very little actual live sports programming and usually their prime time schedule is filled the likes of repeat Cornhole events, NBA G League games and repeats of Dog shows.
To get the info out there about who is going where, they could do it comfortably in about a 30 minute segment. Can you imagine the how much useless stuff they are going to discuss over a FOUR HOUR period on an NFL Sunday???
Anything for money.

Need to make work for all the talking heads they keep around recycling the same talking points. ABC ruined this channel.

Same with sports radio. On a Saturday afternoon, I can't find a game to listen to on a drive or working in the yard, but there are three sports stations with talking heads babbling on ad nauseam about the games. Here in Vegas there are stations that have nothing but sports wagering on 24/7 while.i can't even listen to football game.on the radio. I hate it.

Reactions: OmarMarino
You know they do it because people watch it, right? So is ESPN the joke or are college football fans the joke?
Fair point, but as ESPN's numbers continue to crater, maybe there are more smart people than you give credit to.

That creep shouldn't be allowed within 100 yards of a college campus. Hope all the coeds bring pepper spray just in case when Fox pregame show is in town.
When I saw him congratulating his buddy Whittingham made me sick. I wasn't rooting for USC but Meyer showed Whittingham the dirty ropes.

Reactions: YourPittDanceTeam
It's an NFL Sunday and they also broadcast the CFP so it's all about self promotion.

ESPN also pays these phonies way to much money to say nothing they are a joke

Only people over age 90 call them “coeds”.
Did you really need the "II" when you created your account here? I gotta think "Saboteur" wasn't a hotly saught after screen name amongst those born after the creation of FM radio

ESPN also pays these phonies way to much money to say nothing they are a joke
If Booger hears that, he'll kick your ass!

For real...

1349217645.jpeg

Last edited:
I get it to a point, but are you telling me if Pitt were in TCU, Bama, or OSU's position you wouldn't have at least had it on in the background for 3 of those hours?

On top of that with espn+ you can literally watch more sports than you can ever imagine. They are trying to move people that direction.
Absolutely right. They stick all of the games on that network so you have to pay to watch them. I have found a website that allows me to watch most of the same games for free.

I get it to a point, but are you telling me if Pitt were in TCU, Bama, or OSU's position you wouldn't have at least had it on in the background for 3 of those hours?
Honestly, I wou;dn't have it on for more then the first 30 minutes, if even that long.

Kind of smart of them to hold back announcing the NY6 bowls until most NFL games are in halftime.

...Has set aside FOUR HOURS of programming for the announcement of it's College Football Selection Show.
It really does how how pathetic the network has become. They show very little actual live sports programming and usually their prime time schedule is filled the likes of repeat Cornhole events, NBA G League games and repeats of Dog shows.
To get the info out there about who is going where, they could do it comfortably in about a 30 minute segment. Can you imagine the how much useless stuff they are going to discuss over a FOUR HOUR period on an NFL Sunday???
Anything for money.
This is 100 percent spot on. I am a huge fan of ESPN, but making people wait for 4 hours for this crap is stupid

Wait four hours for what exactly?
This! They flat at out said at noon the NY6 bowls would be announced at 2:30 and the other bowl match-up’s after that. As has been said above this isn’t like March Madness when they know all the teams, as we saw today there’s a lot of things going on behind the scenes.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Does anybody over the age of 30 watch any programming on ESPN that's not a live college football or basketball game?

And if so, what?

If Booger hears that, he'll kick your ass!

For real...

1349217645.jpeg
A grown man going on TV and using his nickname from when he was 5 and that name is booger no less. Much like everyone calling Mark s "stink" like they ate hanging out in a locker room and not a national TV broadcast

Does anybody over the age of 30 watch any programming on ESPN that's not a live college football or basketball game?

And if so, what?
They do show NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, soccer, there are other live sports they do show. I think they are actually going to be owners or at least broadcasting XFL3 this year. I'm sure most of those things get over 30 viewers.

ADVERTISEMENT