ADVERTISEMENT

GOV WOLF, What exactly is a non essential business?

Yes but these aren’t the ones being worn.

Oh, I agree. They passed out the "regular" masks at work on Monday morning and I almost said "hey, you guys know that both the WHO and the CDC say that these things are worthless, don't you" but I figured they were so proud of themselves for getting those things that it would probably be better if I just kept my mouth shut.

For a change.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
Waste Management is collecting trash but just the bare minimum and nothing bulk as they usually do. Can't figure that one out.

Can tell you out here in North Huntingdon and if I were a curb shopper you could've furnished your entire house with stuff people pitched yesterday...

People don't wear masks to protect you either. If they have a mask on they can't breath in any of your corona-germs.

Not to be a smart ass, but it's called personal protective equipment for a reason. It protects your person, not someone else.
I think masks tend protect others at least as much as those who wear them. Catching spit from sneezing, coughing and talking.

Honestly, that should be the rule always. Furniture, appliances. That is not your typical curb side garbage. Garbage pick up should never take this stuff.

most townships are switching over to those larger cans that get picked up by robotic arm. If it can’t fit in that approved canister, tough luck.

People that leave this crap out and expect it picked up are lazy scumbags. You leave out a couch, recliner, some sort of large appliance and you complain when it’s still there after the truck leaves, you are a POS.
Agreed

Which is why the WHO says that people shouldn't wear them. Or at least the "regular" masks. The medical masks, like the N95 masks, do protect people. The people wearing them.

"N95 respirators and surgical masks (face masks) are examples of personal protective equipment that are used to protect the wearer from airborne particles and from liquid contaminating the face."
Surgical masks are better than nothing - but honestly , unless you’re in healthcare -
Probably aren’t helping you since the virus easily penetrates
About the main value to prevent droplets from being directly inhaled

aerosolized virus ? It’s flowing right through a surgical mask ,
I say that as someone who literally took medications into the med room hoisting covid patients - while wearing ppe

I’m under no illusion - which is why we are only making 1 delivery per day to the unit

I get all the guidelines, but the girl who washes our windows won't come because she's following the "rules". There is zero amount of social interaction with that job. ZERO. But she's being a good citizen and losing $$ in the process.

Are sub contractors under any restrictions? Someone asks me to do a side job, who’s enforcing that?

Cops don’t care. I do electrical, plumbing job for you, who cares? Don’t shake hands, give space and wipe down surfaces after.

those skill sets should be promoting the hell out of themselves now while everyone ya home and everyone ya getting an extra 1200 bucks in a few weeks with nothing else to spend it on.

I get all the guidelines, but the girl who washes our windows won't come because she's following the "rules". There is zero amount of social interaction with that job. ZERO. But she's being a good citizen and losing $$ in the process.
So pay her any way and spend your free time cleaning them ?
We paid our housekeeper

i believe it's a staffing/manpower concern. i saw our trash collector go by and it was only one guy. unions/labor laws are probably in place that limit the weight of garbage one person can lift. therefore, with limited staff collecting, they are only limited to picking up "normal" garbage.

waiting a month to throw out a bulky item would rank pretty low with the sacrifices some are making in this time.

Waste Management is collecting trash but just the bare minimum and nothing bulk as they usually do. Can't figure that one out.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
I think masks tend protect others at least as much as those who wear them. Catching spit from sneezing, coughing and talking.
Right - the whole differention on the 95 masks or whatever is based on medical treatment protection.
Even putting a do rag around you face can keep you from spitting out most of the stuff if you have it and are assymmptomatic or cut a lot of the stuff that might be losely floating around if you are out and about where there are other people.
It isn't the BEST of the best, but it is something.
This part of why some of the asian countries are getting a handle on this easier, they wear some kind of facemasks as a routine even before this all started, and culturally is more "acceptable" to do it now.

The folks in charge have pretty much admitted that they lied when they said masks offer no protection. This was done to stop the run on masks, because there aren't enough for medical personnel who desperately need them. Masks do reduce transmission of the virus, the question is, how much. The numbers coming in from places like South Korea, where mask use is widespread, and people are still moving around, indicates that when nearly everyone is wearing even just surgical masks, there is a positive effect. If they would combine this with widespread testing, they might see transmission drop enough to start relaxing some of the restrictions. The problem is, that because folks like being able to buy these masks for 25 cents, rather than $2, nearly all production has been transferred overseas, with China getting the bulk of this. As China needs masks too, they're not killing themselves making enough to ship to other countries.

ADVERTISEMENT