ADVERTISEMENT

GT Point Spread

I see the point spread is / was around -23.5 for Pitt. I know we should win but that seems high.
It probably went up due to the news about Collins and their AD getting fired. It was closer to -19 yesterday. I agree that it is probably too high.

Yeah I wouldn't go above -19 on this game. Possessions could be limited by our offensive philosophy. Could easily leave a point or three on the board due to our kicker. Hope to be wrong.

You have to figure Kamara will be out of place for at least one 75-yard touchdown run. 23 does seem high. I probably wouldn't touch it, because some teams have been galvanized after getting rid of a coach and some have completely quit. Could go either way.

I agree with the comments above. I think the point spread will come down. But I jumped and made a small bet taking GT +23.5.

Georgia Tech is horrible and we will probably be more motivated to play them than Rhode Island. I expect Pitt to win by 3-4 TDs. A top 25 team should beat Georgia Tech by a large margin at home.

23??? Yikes. I expect a pretty comfortable win. But our clock-burning snooze-inducing scheme as well as the numerous injuries on offense make even scoring that many points a stretch. There’s eventually going to be a game we don’t get an Izzy To the Post, Pitt 6, or a huge punt return. Plus, you never know what you’re going to get with an opponent that just lost its hc. In the stages of grief, the players will likely be past the Denial they’re likely in today, and still in the midst of Anger come Game time. That can be dangerous. We need to push them into the Depression and Acceptance stages right away. (I know, I left out Bargaining; if GT decides to negotiate bribes to throw the game, well, that won’t be the first time an opponent did that for a game with us. I’ll take an easy win any way it comes).

Georgia Tech is horrible and we will probably be more motivated to play them than Rhode Island. I expect Pitt to win by 3-4 TDs. A top 25 team should beat Georgia Tech by a large margin at home.
Honestly I don't think we will be all that worried about style points. I would love to see us cover but doubt we will be worried about running it up. I could see a 2 possession lead feeling comfortable enough to bleed the clock and avoid additional injuries

Reactions: The Ole Six-Fiver
I think if we're up by 4 TD's going into the second half, and that could happen, we'll pull our starters (the ones remaining), rest them and let some guys get some experience.

I took Pitt at -18 yesterday.

I took GT and +23.5 today.

Here's hoping for a nice 21-point Pitt win. :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT