ADVERTISEMENT

Gymnastics -The send-off...

You know, Pitt's gymnastics team has gone to 21 other national regionals since 1981. I don't know this for sure, but I image few or none of them had a send off and bus decorated with blue and gold balloons before. It's nice to see them getting some recognition and some press in the local papers.

You know, Pitt's gymnastics team has gone to 21 other national regionals since 1981. I don't know this for sure, but I image few or none of them had a send off and bus decorated with blue and gold balloons before. It's nice to see them getting some recognition and some press in the local papers.

It's been nice to see the Olympic sports in the public eye more the last year or so.

Honestly, as much as I am into Pitt sports (all of them), I never knew the gymnastics existed (or if I did, I didn't notice). My girls are all into them and we went to a meet earlier this year and the place was packed. It was fun, we watched a few on the ACC network, and then when they made regionals, I thought that was the first time ever, or at least in a very long time.

Found out in Craig Meyers article the other day they did pretty well for a number of years, just no one ever knew.

I don't know if it's more social media, the ACC Network, or just Pitt doing a better job promoting, but I've really seen a lot more surrounding all sports more recently, and it's a good thing. I'm much more involved and attend a hell of a lot more.

It's been nice to see the Olympic sports in the public eye more the last year or so.

Honestly, as much as I am into Pitt sports (all of them), I never knew the gymnastics existed (or if I did, I didn't notice). My girls are all into them and we went to a meet earlier this year and the place was packed. It was fun, we watched a few on the ACC network, and then when they made regionals, I thought that was the first time ever, or at least in a very long time.

Found out in Craig Meyers article the other day they did pretty well for a number of years, just no one ever knew.

I don't know if it's more social media, the ACC Network, or just Pitt doing a better job promoting, but I've really seen a lot more surrounding all sports more recently, and it's a good thing. I'm much more involved and attend a hell of a lot more.

Pitt is absolutely doing a better job promoting itself. It also has more of a budget to do so thanks to the ACC. But you absolutely can't discount being able to employ social media in doing so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT