ADVERTISEMENT

Hail yeah, Pitt!!

Chairman Moe

All Conference
Nov 4, 2003
Just around the corner from Paradise
Moe-bservations:

**Pitt goes to 3-0 for the first time in forever to start the season; and we've matched our win total for last year in just three games
**Pitt wins b-t-b 4th Qtr comebacks maybe, ever, being down 10+ points
**Pitt has a legitimate cool-headed QB - a RS Freshman, no less - that has three straight 300+ yard games (first time ever for a Freshman @ Pitt to start the season this way)
**Pitt has a bunch of never-say-die players that continue to battle to the last whistle and final 0:00
**Pitt has an OC that isn't afraid to mix it up, despite some plays getting blown up - and several choices of players who just don't drop passes
**Pitt has a kid (Des Reid) that despite being held to only 26 yards on 11 carries, caught four passes, two for a TD

**Pitt also has a very small and inconsistent set of linemen on both sides of the ball
**Pitt also has a few LB's and DB's who need to improve as the season progresses
**Pitt has a special teams group that can allow a punter to go untouched and get a first down on one series, and then block the next punt for a scoop and score - don't think I've EVER seen that sequence on the same drive at ANY level of football
**Pitt has a confident backup QB who can come in at the most critical time in the game, without having taken a snap, and calmly and coolly execute the winning score
**Pitt has a defense that when needed, can get a critical stop

Yes, I've been absent from the boards for awhile. I was traveling in Italy the past two weeks (missed both of the opening games vs Kent and UC), but was happy to be back to watch the Backyard Brawl with a dozen or so AZ Pitt Alumni @ a local Phoenix Pitt sports bar. I'm now at my home, smoking a victory cigar, and sipping on a nice single malt I bought at the Duty Free store in the Venice airport ... it's good to be back! And good to be a Pitt fan! GO HOME, Mountaineers!! H2P!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT