ADVERTISEMENT

HailtoPitt - Message Board Geniuses

People around the sports world aren’t laughing with you, but rather at you.
This is a BIG stretch, especially since we’ve seen way worse hires than Narduzzi by big schools
As far as the post, it was one of the worst game plans I’ve seen. I don’t really want pat gone right now but the cignetti hire needs to put him in very hot water

• Haha
Reactions: TheFormula
this twitter or facebook page is kind of reaching lately with their material. a fan upset at the coach after a dissapointing loss and posting about it on social media isnt really that note-worthy..
I’ll admit there is some pretty funny stuff on it, like a Missouri fan asking how he can get in touch with their coach since he had been reviewing all-22 film on Abilene Christian and had some notes.

But yeah, some things are dumb. They posted a ton from here after the Addison saga too, as if every other fanbase wouldn’t be a bit irrational if the same thing happened to them.

we need to find the mole who is forwarding these and well, not kill them but send them a message.. whoever the poster is, come clean now and we'll take it easy on you. if not, well its not gonna end well for you.

Soap Sock GIF - Soap Sock GIFs

The message says penny candy should cost a penny again.

this twitter or facebook page is kind of reaching lately with their material. a fan upset at the coach after a dissapointing loss and posting about it on social media isnt really that note-worthy..

there are 20 posts way more ridiculous than this one on this page every day..
Yea that's a huge reach. I mean its not completely impossible for Nebraska to hire Narduzzi if they whiff a bunch. I'm not even sure what's so stupid about that post. Honestly, is it because they feel

A: Nebraska is way too good for Narduzzi? They arent.

B: Narduzzi is too good for Nebraska and wouldn't leave a good situation at Pitt?

Seriously, while, I realize the chance of Narduzzi going to Nebraska is small, its certainly not impossible as guys at programs on Pitt's level take jobs like that sometimes.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
we need to find the mole who is forwarding these and well, not kill them but send them a message.. whoever the poster is, come clean now and we'll take it easy on you. if not, well its not gonna end well for you.

Soap Sock GIF - Soap Sock GIFs
One of the best posts on here in awhile said they wouldn't be surprised if it was me forwarding them my own posts.

That site does have to get better though. I mean I was like 75% joking about Howard to the ACC and Terrelle Pryor to Pitt basketball.

This is a BIG stretch, especially since we’ve seen way worse hires than Narduzzi by big schools
As far as the post, it was one of the worst game plans I’ve seen. I don’t really want pat gone right now but the cignetti hire needs to put him in very hot water
And I'm quite sure you were saying the same thing about Whipple in 2019 & 2020. Most likely under a different screen name.

Hell, we had posters ready to move on from Pickett.

Lose (in dominated fashion in fact) to bowel movement like GT, you are going to take some hits. He’s actually fortunate more haven’t gotten on his case here, but there are a lot of slurpers on this site (plus the Steeler-Pickett saga on Sunday took some of the focus off Saturday’s gag job). Duz makes lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of money (as does Cignetti). There are no honeymoons in pro (if you get paid, it’s pro) football. Nor should there be; these are some the luckiest people on the planet to get paid a fortune for producing, well, not very much…one meaningful season in nearly a decade. A little rousing from the rabble is a tiny, tiny tiny, tiny price to pay.

Dominated Fashion?? WTF?

GT had less than 10 positive plays… unfortunately PITT was so busy beating themselves it was enough. I wouldn’t call that being dominated.

I call it an absolute shit football game.

Yea that's a huge reach. I mean its not completely impossible for Nebraska to hire Narduzzi if they whiff a bunch. I'm not even sure what's so stupid about that post. Honestly, is it because they feel

B: Narduzzi is too good for Nebraska and wouldn't leave a good situation at Pitt?

Seriously, while, I realize the chance of Narduzzi going to Nebraska is small, its certainly not impossible as guys at programs on Pitt's level take jobs like that sometimes.
Ok. Time for me to hang myself, because I was wondering the same exact thing as you.

Reactions: KennyHeisman8
Ok. Time for me to hang myself, because I was wondering the same exact thing as you.
I seriously want to know what a random college football fan would think is so stupid about that post. What would make an Ole Miss fan read that and think, "wow, that dude is dumb AF, that would never happen"

Reactions: KennyHeisman8

Yeah, what exactly in my post is being criticised? It's funny that Nebraska fans think they are still a high profile job. There are at the VERY LEAST 20 jobs that are considered more high profile than Nebraska. Their recruiting is very pedestrian. No proven coach is coming there without a ton of money. And it's extremely like they will whiff on a bunch of guys who they think will want the job, and end up settling for someone their fans aren't going to be thrilled with.

And I do think that Narduzzi's hiring of Cignetti has shown to be epicly bad. And I don't think he will willingly fire him, and it's going to ge bad for the Pitt football program.

I seriously want to know what a random college football fan would think is so stupid about that post. What would make an Ole Miss fan read that and think, "wow, that dude is dumb AF, that would never happen"
Probably one of the dolts on here who run that site.

Majors went to Tennessee
Sherill went to A&M
Chryst went to Wisconsin
And Graham went to ASU.
Duz won an ACC title

coaches leave here, and Nebraska isn’t a great program. It’s just isn’t.

I’m leaning on the side that they don’t think the Nebraska job is a desirable one for Narduzzi.

I think Nebraska is actually a pretty decent job. I've heard that they have the capabilities to be second or third in the BIG in NIL money. There is quite a bit of support in that program. Beyond that, it's a secure future (in terms of all the realignment stuff), and the big tv money is about to start coming in. You guys are really underrating it, I think.

The cons are that you have to live in Nebraska, there is no immediate recruiting territory, and the BIG is about to get rid of those divisions.

It's not an Urban Meyer-level job, but it's that next tier down. I am guessing Narduzzi would love to coach there, but I don't think that hire would be very well-received by their fans.

Majors went to Tennessee
Sherill went to A&M
Chryst went to Wisconsin
And Graham went to ASU.
Duz won an ACC title

coaches leave here, and Nebraska isn’t a great program. It’s just isn’t.

I’m leaning on the side that they don’t think the Nebraska job is a desirable one for Narduzzi.
So they think Narduzzi is too good for Nebraska? The thought of him leaving for a similar program is enough to be labeled a stupid post? You may be right but guys leave for jobs all the time.

I am wondering if they misread the post and thought maybe they thought he was saying Narduzzi should be fired.

So they think Narduzzi is too good for Nebraska? The thought of him leaving for a similar program is enough to be labeled a stupid post? You may be right but guys leave for jobs all the time.

I am wondering if they misread the post and thought maybe they thought he was saying Narduzzi should be fired.
Whatever it is, they need content and sometimes have to tweet out a real stretch.

I think Nebraska is actually a pretty decent job. I've heard that they have the capabilities to be second or third in the BIG in NIL money. There is quite a bit of support in that program. Beyond that, it's a secure future (in terms of all the realignment stuff), and the big tv money is about to start coming in. You guys are really underrating it, I think.

The cons are that you have to live in Nebraska, there is no immediate recruiting territory, and the BIG is about to get rid of those divisions.

It's not an Urban Meyer-level job, but it's that next tier down. I am guessing Narduzzi would love to coach there, but I don't think that hire would be very well-received by their fans.
The money makes it good of course. But they haven’t been good for a while and also have to recruit to Lincoln as well as live in Lincoln. That’s not fun. The B1G West is as bad as the ACC Coastal, so I suppose you could win there. But again, getting the players needed isn’t easy. So my position that it’s not a great job is because the chances of success won’t come easy and you can be gone in 4 years and kill your career.

The money makes it good of course. But they haven’t been good for a while and also have to recruit to Lincoln as well as live in Lincoln. That’s not fun. The B1G West is as bad as the ACC Coastal, so I suppose you could win there. But again, getting the players needed isn’t easy. So my position that it’s not a great job is because the chances of success won’t come easy and you can be gone in 4 years and kill your career.

I think now is probably the best time to go there, because you're following some really lousy seasons. Like if Capel followed Dixon, he'd probably be gone already no matter what the buyout was.

But getting the players hasn't been their problem. They still bring in top 20/25 classes almost every year. They're managing to lose in spite of that, so I attribute it more to not having the right staff in place than not getting the players.

But getting rid of those divisions will be tough. Now you're mixed in with Ohio State, Michigan, USC, etc.

Didn't they also outscore their BIG opponents last season but still manage to go 1-8 in the conference? That has to be one of the more crazy stats you will ever see.

Duzzi’s contemporary, Bo Polini (sp?) also from Youngstown was not able to succeed. Duzzi must realize that taking Nebraska job is a big risk

Probably someone like @Ski11585 or @pittjas bevause if you aren’t all in on pat being the greatest ever you’re a troll
Again. Show me a post where I’ve said I’m all in on Pat. I’m not. I’m anti lazy post. And most of your are lazy. I’m also anti “let’s make a bunch of dumb what if worst case scenarios or counterfactuals.”

Try again.

Again. Show me a post where I’ve said I’m all in on Pat. I’m not. I’m anti lazy post. And most of your are lazy. I’m also anti “let’s make a bunch of dumb what if worst case scenarios or counterfactuals.”

Try again.
Ok.

They do. Nothing they tweet is interesting.
I better step my game up then. Can someone send them by USMNT to UEFA idea? That seems like something they'd put on there when in reality, it could and should happen. I think UEFA would take them but the USMNT is chicken shit. That would actually help the USWNT also as they'd get to play in another real tournament and maybe host it

• Haha

Try again.
im all in on Pat, no shame there. That doesnt mean he's above criticism though but people that want him fired after every loss makes me roll my eyes..

I think now is probably the best time to go there, because you're following some really lousy seasons. Like if Capel followed Dixon, he'd probably be gone already no matter what the buyout was.

But getting the players hasn't been their problem. They still bring in top 20/25 classes almost every year. They're managing to lose in spite of that, so I attribute it more to not having the right staff in place than not getting the players.

But getting rid of those divisions will be tough. Now you're mixed in with Ohio State, Michigan, USC, etc.

Last yeast they finished 41st. Before that they averaged around 17/18th. It's really not the marquee program their fans think it is and I'm doubting they can land a top level coach.without making him the highest paid guy in football.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
Last yeast they finished 41st. Before that they averaged around 17/18th. It's really not the marquee program their fans think it is and I'm doubting they can land a top level coach.without making him the highest paid guy in football.

Using the composite rankings:

2017 - 23rd
2018 - 23rd
2019 - 18th
2020 - 20th
2021 - 25th
2022 - 32nd (small class)

But, most importantly, they finish first in the BIG West almost every year. So they're recruiting better than the competition and not performing to that level. Even if you tell me the rankings aren't exact, and they're obviously not, they're certainly holding their own in recruiting and should be doing more on the field.

They'll be back. Not at the level they were at from like 1960 - 2000, but they'll be a lot better than they are now. Way too many resources not to be.
In the new Big Ten, they have the 5th most potential in my opinion:

1. OSU
2. USC
3. Mich
4. PSU
5. Nebraska
6. Wisconsin

With divisions going away, they will only play maybe 2 of the "better programs" above them. They SHOULD be at least 9-3 every year given their resources. Granted PSU is within a 2-3 hour drive of a lot of talent but with NIL and Nebraska's resources, they should be winning at PSU's rate. Similar boondocks/football first schools

In the new Big Ten, they have the 5th most potential in my opinion:

1. OSU
2. USC
3. Mich
4. PSU
5. Nebraska
6. Wisconsin

With divisions going away, they will only play maybe 2 of the "better programs" above them. They SHOULD be at least 9-3 every year given their resources. Granted PSU is within a 2-3 hour drive of a lot of talent but with NIL and Nebraska's resources, they should be winning at PSU's rate. Similar boondocks/football first schools
Lol. They are not ahead of Michigan state. I’d argue UCLA has more potential.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof

I think at this point they'd have to welcome someone who brings stability to their program given they've had very little since they canned Solich.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me from HCPN's side given the seat at Nebraska is probably warm from day one.

The shelf life for Narduzzi will depend on what Heather does. What Heather does will depend on the incoming Chancellor. If Heather feels she’s on the same page with the new Chancellor and gets an extended contract, then Narduzzi will not likely leave unless it’s for a tier 1 job where he has a chance to win right away. Otherwise, he is content to stay at Pitt.

If not, all bets are off and jobs like Nebraska could interest him…

ADVERTISEMENT