NC State*** 56,466
Miss St 56,182
Missouri 54,160
Kentucky 53,128
Arkansas 50,931
Ole Miss 48,233
Vanderbilt 26,288

Seems like NC state is right in the middle for attendance. Big drop after USC

Virginia Tech gets 60,000+ even when they suck. NC State gets 70,000+. Both are legit college atmospheres and very different from Pitt, which struggles to get 40,000 of its own fans even when we're 1-0 and playing a good SEC team. It's night and day.
You realize NC State's stadium holds 57k and VT reported 55k per game last year right? There was absolutely nothing wrong with the Tenn crowd. It's night and day in your own mind.

You realize NC State's stadium holds 57k and VT reported 55k per game last year right? There was absolutely nothing wrong with the Tenn crowd. It's night and day in your own mind.

Oh gee... Only 55k to watch a mediocre team with a lame duck coach instead of 60k? That changes everything.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si...tate-football-acc-stadium-attendance-rankings

Here's a 5-year average. Both of those schools are over 92% full. We're 63% full. If you don't think having a stadium that is 30% more empty affects the atmosphere, then we disagree on that. Also, I mentioned other things affecting potential, too: Revenue, recruiting territory, etc.

Good for Pitt for doing more with less. Not sure why this is such a sensitive topic for some of you. If anything, it makes Pitt admin/coaching look better. If I said Narduzzi sucked, you'd be telling me how much harder it is to win at Pitt than at VT and NC State.

Last edited:
Oh gee... Only 55k to watch a mediocre team with a lame duck coach instead of 60k? That changes everything.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si...tate-football-acc-stadium-attendance-rankings

Here's a 5-year average. Both of those schools are over 92% full. We're 63% full. If you don't think having a stadium that is 30% more empty affects the atmosphere, you're just guzzling the kool-aid. Also, I mentioned other things affecting potential, too: Revenue, recruiting territory, etc.

Good for Pitt for doing more with less. Not sure why this is such a sensitive topic for some of you.
Literally every point you made in your email was wrong. Now you're on some percent capacity argument, for what reason I have no clue.

The topic is sensitive for you and the others who are fixated on attendance. The Tenn crowd was great. Not sure why any Pitt fan would be taking shots at it.

Literally every point you made in your email was wrong. Now you're on some percent capacity argument, for what reason I have no clue.

The topic is sensitive for you and the others who are fixated on attendance. The Tenn crowd was great. Not sure why any Pitt fan would be taking shots at it.
I didn’t think our turnout was great. We were tailgating in the Gold Garage and it was a very late arriving crowd for such a big game and we had about 45k or so fans in the stadium. The visiting side had a lot of TN fans and they were pretty loud.

Greater capacity = better environment = better potential for recruiting, which is one of the facets of having higher overall potential. You're fixated on bickering about a couple thousand fans here or there while ignoring the genesis of this argument, which is which programs have the higher potential. I've provided data points on revenue, total attendance, and total capacity. Would you like me to show you what the recruiting looks like in the south vs the north next?

Again, Pitt is realizing its potential at a much higher rate than some of these other schools. Doesn't mean they have more of it.

As for Tennessee... I estimated like 40K Pitt fans and 52K overall. Pitt fans did not "show up" for that game as they should have.

Greater capacity = better environment = better potential for recruiting, which is one of the facets of having higher overall potential. You're fixated on bickering about a couple thousand fans here or there while ignoring the genesis of this argument, which is which programs have the higher potential. I've provided data points on revenue, total attendance, and total capacity. Would you like me to show you what the recruiting looks like in the south vs the north next?

Again, Pitt is realizing its potential at a much higher rate than some of these other schools. Doesn't mean they have more of it.

As for Tennessee... I estimated like 40K Pitt fans and 52K overall. Pitt fans did not "show up" for that game as they should have.

I'm fixated on going to the games, not complaining about attendance. The stadium is too big for Pitt, and there's nothing that can be done about it right now.

Instead of dreaming about potential, you could show me what recruiting actually looks like between NC State, VT and Pitt. Then show me what their records look like over the last 5 -10 years. No need, because I already know.

NC State hasn't won the ACC since 1979. Hell, their older fans still default to them being a basketball school.

I'm fixated on going to the games, not complaining about attendance. The stadium is too big for Pitt, and there's nothing that can be done about it right now.

Instead of dreaming about potential, you could show me what recruiting actually looks like between NC State, VT and Pitt. Then show me what their records look like over the last 5 -10 years. No need, because I already know.

NC State hasn't won the ACC since 1979. Hell, their older fans still default to them being a basketball school.

Well, that was what the discussion was about, so I don't know what to tell you. I'm sure Utah and Cincinnati have done a lot better than Texas and Tennessee have over the last ten years, too. Doesn't mean they have higher ceilings or are easier places to build a program at. So, in a discussion about programs' potential, you're mad I'm not instead having a discussion about results. Are you one-man North Korea or something? Jesus, dude. Not everything is an affront to Pitt. I know NC State hasn't done jack squat in a long time. That can't just be because they're incompetent?

Not everything is an affront to Pitt. I know NC State hasn't done jack squat in a long time. That can't just be because they're incompetent?
Actually, everything you guys were moping about was an affront to Pitt. Just another self loathing thread.

NC State has never done anything, which is why it's silly to talk about their potential.

Actually, everything you guys were moping about was an affront to Pitt. Just another self loathing thread.

NC State has never done anything, which is why it's silly to talk about their potential.

We objectively bring in less revenue. Western PA recruiting is objectively worse than it is in the south. Less fans objectively show up to our games, and the empty seats are an objectively larger percentage of the total capacity.

Doesn't change the results, and no one is claiming that. What inherent advantages do you give Pitt over NC State and Virginia Tech? I'm talking inherent, here, so it can't be, "We have a better staff in place" or anything like that. I'm guessing you'll mention the Steelers, because there aren't many other ones to choose.

The State fans I know are a very self deprecating lot.

They have no illusion that they are, or will likely be great.

When Pitt loses, I hear, "We're State fans; we know all about losing."

The State fans I know are a very self deprecating lot.

They have no illusion that they are, or will likely be great.

When Pitt loses, I hear, "We're State fans; we know all about losing."
They have a lot of similarities to Pitt fans regarding humor .
It shocked me .
The UNC fans are very Penn State like in their devotion and true believer status

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT