ADVERTISEMENT

Halfway through the year, your Coach of the Year?

Las Panteras

All Conference
May 11, 2014
As always, some notable candidates

Eddie O at LSU?
PJ Fleck at Minnesota?
Ruhle at Baylor?

I would give it to Paul Chryst. Wisconsin looks terrific, and they have dismantled everyone so far.

Reactions: bubba31
Here’s a vote for my personal favorite: Willie Fritz

Winner of the Bfo was wrong award: Herm Edwards

Fleck deserves nothing IMO, their schedule is very backloaded and they will probably lose their last 4 after an 8-0 start.

Agree 1000% on Herm Edwards

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
Agree 1000% on Herm Edwards

It just reeked of a crony gimmick hire. Buddies with the AD, out of the game forever, and not the most skilled of tacticians to begin with.

He has recruited much better than I expected, obviously landing Jayden Daniels has had a huge affect on the program. They will lose a few more games before the end of the year, but Herm has them headed in the right direction for sure.

Here’s a vote for my personal favorite: Willie Fritz

Winner of the Bfo was wrong award: Herm Edwards

Fleck deserves nothing IMO, their schedule is very backloaded and they will probably lose their last 4 after an 8-0 start.

Completely agree regarding Fleck.

Their first 5 Big 10 games will be:

@Purdue
Illinois
Nebraska
@Rutgers
Maryland

12-19 combined record, which includes a mostly weak out-of-conference record.

Mumbles or O....I know it's a Pitt board, but he's out there folks. Tough schedule ahead but the Nits look good thru six.

Eddie O at LSU?
PJ Fleck at Minnesota?
Ruhle at Baylor?

I would give it to Paul Chryst. Wisconsin looks terrific, and they have dismantled everyone so far.
This is like asking which team will be winning at halftime.

Judging just on the season so far -- Chryst or Ogeron. Wisconsin has beat everyone so handily and LSU is undefeated with wins over (imho) legit Texas and Florida teams. Do I expect the season to end that way? No, just judging so far.

Sonny Dykes has undefeated SMU in the polls for the first time since the death penalty but their schedule is so awful I wouldn't give him any votes. They could finish 12-0 and I wouldn't put them in a NY6 bowl over an 11-1 Boise or whatever.

I'd have to say that Rhule probably had the lowest expectations but he's a prime example of how Pitt's world would look if it had a cupcake OOC schedule. It's hard to really judge when all of these guys are staring down the meat of their schedule yet.

Eddie O at LSU?
PJ Fleck at Minnesota?
Ruhle at Baylor?

Other than LSU- have you looked at the steaming piles those teams have played?

My coach of the year is Defensive Coordinator Randy Bates of the Pitt Panthers.

Randy's defensive play calling, along with the recruitment and development of a speedy attack force, has taken away opponents strengths and held them well beyond their scoring and yardage averages.

As a result, Pitt is well positioned for another run to a Coastal Division Championship.

ADVERTISEMENT