ADVERTISEMENT

Hamlin tweet

Aug 6, 2018
Last night he tweeted, “Should have listened to my Mama.” He then deleted the tweet. Anyone reading into it, or nah?

I would post a link to the tweet, but we all know how that goes here.

James Franklin was at it Friday night with a deleted joe knew tweet but it was quickly deleted as well. I hope someone has a screenshot of it. Strange weekend

I assume Hamlin’s goal was to make the NFL, and get paid. He is starting at Pitt. The tape and combine results do not lie. If he is good enough, then he will get drafted. He needs to focus on becoming a leader and stay off Twitter.
I'm surprised people haven't learned that Shapchat, Twitter, and Facebook can wreck your life in seconds.

Last edited:
I saw that tweet and this is what I'm guessing. Not good if that is what he meant. These kids talk to potential recruits. May be why we are striking out on the homefront.

The sad part of this is that Hamlin hasn't been great until the GTech game. He's been a medical issue and HCPN has been pretty good to him. Played him early even when he wasn't ready. If we are being brutally honest Hamlin has played poorly and been a big part of our pass defense problems. Seems to me like the guy needs to spend less time typing and more time lifting and watching film so he can make plays in space.

The sad part of this is that Hamlin hasn't been great until the GTech game. He's been a medical issue and HCPN has been pretty good to him. Played him early even when he wasn't ready. If we are being brutally honest Hamlin has played poorly and been a big part of our pass defense problems. Seems to me like the guy needs to spend less time typing and more time lifting and watching film so he can make plays in space.

So, Narduzzi had the balls to RS Ford all last year, but not Hamlin the year before? I wouldn’t say that he was that good to Hamlin.

Hamlin is struggling, he’s out of position and honestly, when the guy next to you is Dennis Briggs, you end up with more ground to cover and feel you need to do more.

I assume Hamlin’s goal was to make the NFL, and get paid. He is starting at Pitt. The tape and combine results do not lie. If he is good enough, then he will get drafted. He needs to focus on becoming a leader and stay off Twitter.
Realistically, he could be in his 4th year of riding pine for OSU if he had listened to his mama. He’d have a lot of big wins, huge crowds, great New Year’s destinations and a participation certificate.

Remember when we all thought the secondary was going to be Hamlin, Ford, Wade, Coleman/Dane Jackson - WPIAL to save us...well its pretty interesting crappy that the only guy who can get it done is the 2 star who no one cared if we got. Football is a weird game once these kids aren't the biggest kid in town and need a skill set.

Last edited:
I said it when he was the bus 4 star at PCC and I will say it today. Hamlin is a tremendous athlete. He is not a football player, he is soft.

Reactions: Steve_H2P
That's garbage. He is one of our most agressive tacklers.

No, not even close. You have Wirggins and you have Dane Jackson. Occasionally Weaver. No one else on this D is worth talking about that they "are one of ____ on the team" it is a garbage statement to make.

No, not even close. You have Wirggins and you have Dane Jackson. Occasionally Weaver. No one else on this D is worth talking about that they "are one of ____ on the team" it is a garbage statement to make.
I meant in the defensive backfield.

His dad Mario is very unhappy with Narduzzi and the scheme. And lack of blitzing. He was tweeting yesterday quite a bit. And him and I were DM'ing.

I would say Hamlin and Ford are regretting their decisions right now.

Makes no sense. If you are playing on a defense that can’t stop anyone, maybe it’s the other way around.

If you can ball, start balling! That will partially solve your problems. I think Hamlin has been playing well.

After this season at 2-10, there may be more than Hamlin regretting their decisions to play for Pitt. And there may be many transfers.

Hamlin is a bust - he sucks. If he wants to be a little b*tch about his situation then so will the fans.

Besides Pitt, his only other option would’ve been PSU where he’d be riding pine too. He didn’t have commitable offers at OSU or ND. He can leave when Narduzzi gets canned for all I care.

Makes no sense. If you are playing on a defense that can’t stop anyone, maybe it’s the other way around.

If you can ball, start balling! That will partially solve your problems. I think Hamlin has been playing well.

This defense hasn't stopped Wirginis, Weaver, or Dane Jackson

Reactions: Mikefln
Hamlin is a bust - he sucks. If he wants to be a little b*tch about his situation then so will the fans.

Besides Pitt, his only other option would’ve been PSU where he’d be riding pine too. He didn’t have commitable offers at OSU or ND. He can leave when Narduzzi gets canned for all I care.

There are many regretting , so if they are upset and want out, are they bad people, no, and to answer your question, should be at the end of this 3-8 season

After this season at 2-10, there may be more than Hamlin regretting their decisions to play for Pitt. And there may be many transfers.

I am a person who wants to see Pitt succeed in football more than most. Hamlin has had a slow start in college due to injury as I recall. He has been and is playing well this year. Hamlin, Ford, Dane Jackson are not our issue. They are our strength.

In my opinion, the big issue is Narduzzi and his outdated scheme. A traditional 4 -3 might work in the BIG with average QB play and average wide receivers. Not in the ACC or SEC.

Narduzzi has the athlete's to have a successful defense but not with his present scheme. He needs to play 3 linemen, 2 inside linebackers, 2 hybrid DB/LB's on each edge and 4 DB's. Dennis Briggs should not see the field. Ever. Saleem Brightwell should always be on the field , ditto for Paris Ford and Phil Campbell.
3rd and 10+ downs the defense should win 90% of the time. Narduzzi loses those situations 80% of the time. His scheme is flawed.

So I'm a fan of Hamlin, Ford and Jackson. I'm sure they're frustrated as we are. Again, they aren't the issue. It's a blessing they're Pitt Panthers.

Time for someone to take the reigns of the defense from Narduzzi.

I hope he was referencing a non-football issue but geez are these kids stupid but hey, twitter-sobbing worked out for Salahuddin.

I thought Hamlin has done OK and showed some promise these past 2 games.

I only follow Pitt but do the other half-assed ACC programs deal wirh this garbage? Do other programs constantly habe obvious non-NFL players leave ASAP for the draft only to not get drafted and get nailed on the first cut?

For decades, it has seemed that the only folks that hate Pitt football more than its fans are its players. By my estimation, that might be a factor in our lack of success.

Also, if all this is true, it may be time to stop feeling bad about not getting rated recruits.

His dad Mario is very unhappy with Narduzzi and the scheme. And lack of blitzing. He was tweeting yesterday quite a bit. And him and I were DM'ing.

I would say Hamlin and Ford are regretting their decisions right now.

Aliquippa got the message first I guess.

I’m ready for Narduzzi to go.

I hope he was referencing a non-football issue but geez are these kids stupid but hey, twitter-sobbing worked out for Salahuddin.

I thought Hamlin has done OK and showed some promise these past 2 games.

I only follow Pitt but do the other half-assed ACC programs deal wirh this garbage? Do other programs constantly habe obvious non-NFL players leave ASAP for the draft only to not get drafted and get nailed on the first cut?

For decades, it has seemed that the only folks that hate Pitt football more than its fans are its players. By my estimation, that might be a factor in our lack of success.

Also, if all this is true, it may be time to stop feeling bad about not getting rated recruits.

A lot of the fanboys on here who criticize other posters for not doing enough (donations, tickets and attendance) yet they give the alumni a pass. I would guess that Pitt's FB alumni are amongst the worst and least active in P5 programs.

Last night he tweeted, “Should have listened to my Mama.” He then deleted the tweet. Anyone reading into it, or nah?

I would post a link to the tweet, but we all know how that goes here.
What and learn to play better? I get the frustration but dude u are also part of that defense and therefore part of the problem..

Reactions: Mikefln
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT