ADVERTISEMENT

Hammond Returning!!! H2P

Good news. I was perplexed all season that Flemister out snapped him. Hammond has shown to be a fine RB during his time here.

Reactions: hermdigity
Good news. I was perplexed all season that Flemister out snapped him. Hammond has shown to be a fine RB during his time here.
He had to have a lingering injury. There were times he took himself out of games. The last two games we finally saw him healthy.

Reactions: JD1976
Cook looks like an asshole after saying no one wants to play for duzzz. Keep blowing a dead man ron
Credit the coaching staff and Alliance 412 for what they've done so far. Narduzzi faced a storm after his one postgame quote and two of the key skill players are coming back next year when many people were running them out of town. I say that in the sense that some posters on this board almost made it sound like they wanted these guys to transfer. It's good to have them back and hopefully there's a shift in how this team is constructed and run on offense because we've seen Pitt football can be very good when they take the offensive side of the ball seriously with talent and scheme.

So glad to see both Hammond and Bart back. I think those 2 were the most important players returning. I really think things could have gotten a lot worse after the season we had.

So anyone know how much money is left in the Alliance412 fund for portal upgrades?

How much do you want to bet Ron Cook will still be drawing a paycheck in Pittsburgh longer than Narduzzi will?
I’m willing to bet that Narduzzi will collect a paycheck in Pittsburgh much longer than Ron Cook… either Narduzzi stays around past the point Cook retires, or the buyout is paid out over time like he’s Bobby Bonilla ;)
raw

Reactions: boseman7
He’s the highest paid on air talent at that station. His employer values his contribution. Narduzzi taking away the anomaly of 2021 is 54-47 as HC, really the definition of average.
Narduzzi absolutely deserves criticism, but, in my opinion, “we shouldn’t count his best season” is a ridiculous take.

It’s the same as “Narduzzi, taking away the anomaly of 2023, is 62-41 as HC.” It goes both ways.

He’s the highest paid on air talent at that station. His employer values his contribution. Narduzzi taking away the anomaly of 2021 is 54-47 as HC, really the definition of average.
Isn't Narduzzi the highest paid Pitt employee, if that's your measure of value by an employer.

Narduzzi absolutely deserves criticism, but, in my opinion, “we shouldn’t count his best season” is a ridiculous take.

It’s the same as “Narduzzi, taking away the anomaly of 2023, is 62-41 as HC.” It goes both ways.
They all count. Program-critical personnel decisions count. Recruiting counts. Intelligence counts. Learning from past mistakes and bad decisions and working relentlessly to correct them counts. Sustaining some level of consistent success counts. Having an identity as a program beyond one that lacks mental discipline counts. Earning the 10s of millions of dollars you get paid to elevate a program and win football games counts.

For all of these reasons, he should be terminated as soon as is reasonably possible given Pitt’s contractual jail that it put itself in. And if that happens in the next couple of years, there is a significant chance that he will have left the program in worse shape for his successor than he found it.

Not everyone shares these opinions, I understand that.

They all count. Program-critical personnel decisions count. Recruiting counts. Intelligence counts. Learning from past mistakes and bad decisions and working relentlessly to correct them counts. Sustaining some level of consistent success counts. Having an identity as a program beyond one that lacks mental discipline counts. Earning the 10s of millions of dollars you get paid to elevate a program and win football games counts.

For all of these reasons, he should be terminated as soon as is reasonably possible given Pitt’s contractual jail that it put itself in. And if that happens in the next couple of years, there is a significant chance that he will have left the program in worse shape for his successor than he found it.

Yeah, Scott Frost is available...

I don’t disagree, although I’m in-favor of retaining him for 2024. His entire body of work should be considered when assessing his future, and that includes 2021 *and* 2023.

I didnt use salary as the measuring stick. I used salary to prove a point about how valued Ron Cook is.
Uh.....so if you did not use salary as a measuring stick, what proof do you have that Cook is highly valued by his employer, don't use salary in your answer.

lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT