ADVERTISEMENT

Hammond

Parkview57

Senior
Mar 22, 2012
Is it me or is Hammond showing signs of greatness, 'a la Brian Davis's tantalizing freshman play ? I think in the future you could build an offense around him......

I think the Dion Lewis comparisons aren’t far off. Not super fast or big, but usually doesn’t go down on first contact and falls forward. Plenty to like.
Hammond runs HARD. Very decisive and fearless. Always like those qualities in a RB. Long way to go for him. But so far, so good!

Izzy can be very good, too. Just needs to become less hesitant. At this level, cant dance in the hole. Have to make a decision and go hard. But I LOVE Izzy’s speed and ability to bounce it to the outside when it’s there. That’s innate talent. Needs to keep gaining experience to take it hard until he gets through the LOS to the 2nd level. I think that’ll come for him.

Yeah, good thing Hammond was left on the bench when the flea was buried for the safety!! Good choice

Powell is the RB/ST coach. If he is the one that keeping running VD out there, then PN needs to overrule him. Sauls and the kick coverage unit need to get things figured out as well.

I believe Pitt should use Izzy, Hammond and Carter the rest of the season if they’re serious about winning. Carter is a big back that can move the line. Bartholomew should start at TE and get most of the minutes. Krull can’t consistently catch the ball.

I believe Pitt should use Izzy, Hammond and Carter the rest of the season if they’re serious about winning. Carter is a big back that can move the line. Bartholomew should start at TE and get most of the minutes. Krull can’t consistently catch the ball.
Would rather Carter get carries before Davis. But it should be a 2 man show with Izzy and Hammond. I agree Gavin should be the top TE. He’s a better all around player. Can’t believe he was that far under the radar coming out of HS.

I get livid every single time they hand the ball to Vincent Davis.

It is a wasted down.

He should only be the 3rd down back who pass blocks or catches some balls out of the backfield.

He should not be part of the rushing attack.
He should be a special teamer. He’s the Benny Snell/ Jalen Samuels of the Panthers. No push and a wasted rushing attempt.

You have two strong backs and a QB for a sneak, and you give a goalline handoff to the 120 pound Davis. Makes perfect sense. Hammond and Izzy are the backs who should be carrying the ball the rest of the way.

Reactions: FireballZ
I like his running style but I’d like to see him as a featured back before I say he is capable of carrying the team. It’s one thing to start the game when the defense is fresh and another thing to come in late when the defense is worn down.

Reactions: FireballZ
Regardless of how you feel about VD, Hammond has found a niche on this team. He’s an amazing 4th quarter spark plug.

Hammond's first run came with about 5:32 left in the 2nd quarter, his next, a nice 9 yarder came at the 4:39 mark...
He has basically come in at the end of the first half and the end of the game when the fences traditionally are worn down. Not saying he is not a good running bag but I would like to see how he performs starting the first or second half. That’s all

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT