ADVERTISEMENT

Happy 13-9 Day from Wanny

i am going to get lambasted for this but i HATE that we celebrate this victory in the manner that we do. It reeks of "little brother" Syndrome, being the spoiler and embracing it..

Had it been some sort of catapult to great things then i could have at least embraced that but it didnt. A really fun game, a win against a rival but still man, the way we hold it up the way we do seems silly.

“But they didn’t”. Lol.

Was getting a little nonsensical there in the middle though.

When young and delusional that we should aspire to better (basically, three months ago 😁), I agree.

But with the sun setting on both of our programs, yet their fan base still so freaking annoying, why not have some fun? It tears them apart inside to even reference it, and that frankly deserve that. Our fans, on the flip side, someone can mention 49-14 or whatever all they want, it is just one of many bad losses in the long lexicon of bad Pitt losses. Several more were more gut wrenching than that one to me; most of which are because they were losers and rinky dinks we lost to. Which is exactly what we were in the 13-9 season. It was like Temple beating us instead of Penn State in that aforementioned loss. That makes it so much worse. And delicious!

I know just typing this, that several of the WVU trolls who desperately pour over every word posted in this thread (conversely I’ve never been to a PSU message board, not even once), will respond in a blink of a gnat’s eyelash with something insulting and offensive, more than likely involving the number 52.

Hah. Lose a game to freaking fecal matter like Toledo, in the freezing cold (yeah I was there), in a decrepit sh1thole field in a sh1thole town (it’s basically a large Braddock), with splintered bench seats, when you finally have crawled back into the Top Ten for the first time in 30 years … and you think one of our 90s teams losing by 50 to you guys registers? We lost ALL our games in the 90s that way. We somehow won a game during one awful season, it might have been Temple or Rutgers (same thing) and it shattered the opponent’s coach so bad that he quit in the post game press conference. Losing by 52 to you is nothing.

So, as so many here have advised me to lay back and enjoy constant mediocrity, I’ve also learned to embrace 13-9.

As John Mellencamp put it so well back when he was ashamed of his name, everyone needs a hand to hold on to. Everyone needs a hand to hold on to. Don’t need to be no strong hand. Dont need to be no rich hand. Everyone just needs a hand to hold onto (guitar break).

Last edited:
img_2058.jpg

That was the 7th occurrence that season? Then what the hey are they still so upset about then. I’ll bet there were some good programs among those other 6. They still beat Okie in the bowl, did they not? We most definitely would have found a way to also lose the bowl, as we did last season.

That was the 7th occurrence that season? Then what the hey are they still so upset about then. I’ll bet there were some good programs among those other 6. They still beat Okie in the bowl, did they not? We most definitely would have found a way to also lose the bowl, as we did last season.
lol

i am going to get lambasted for this but i HATE that we celebrate this victory in the manner that we do. It reeks of "little brother" Syndrome, being the spoiler and embracing it..

Had it been some sort of catapult to great things then i could have at least embraced that but it didnt. A really fun game, a win against a rival but still man, the way we hold it up the way we do seems silly.
I think it's more to rub it in the hoopies because they get so pissed about it.

Quick story, I was in eastern PA walking through an office area with a guy I was there to visit. We walk past a door that's closed and it has a picture of that cartoon boy peeing on a Pitt scrip logo. I stop, look at it, and ask the guy I'm with PSU or WVU. Guy says I think he's from West Virginia, so probably WVU. So I ask him for a post it note and I write 13-9 and stick it on his door. Dude I'm with says what's that? I said, don't worry he'll know.

Reactions: USN_Panther
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT