ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone seen any pre-season Coastal division predictions and team breakdowns yet?

We lost a lot of star power. Basically, anyone who had any chance at landing on an NFL roster declared for the draft (Williams being the one exception). I'd have loved to have seen at least Wayne and Baldonado/Hill come back or something.

Are we a cut above teams like Duke and Louisville heading into the season? I don't know.

Reactions: jctrack
We lost a lot of star power. Basically, anyone who had any chance at landing on an NFL roster declared for the draft (Williams being the one exception). I'd have loved to have seen at least Wayne and Baldonado/Hill come back or something.

Are we a cut above teams like Duke and Louisville heading into the season? I don't know.
Especially Wayne I'm worried about our receiving Corp I think we're going to be fine at safety I really like what I saw in McIntyre,I'm also worried about the de position but excited to see what the young guys can do

Especially Wayne I'm worried about our receiving Corp I think we're going to be fine at safety I really like what I saw in McIntyre,I'm also worried about the de position but excited to see what the young guys can do

Safeties should be good, but the learning curve worries me. Even Hamlin looked lost early on... Just a tough position to learn.

And yeah... DE worries me a ton. I think we're solid pretty much everywhere, but solid isn't special. Our lifeblood is the pass rush, and outside of blitzing linebackers I'm not sure we can get home regularly. Even if Hayes is hot most ot the season (he seems to come and go in spurts), that's just one guy.

I think it will be FSU, Clemson and UNC, which I would agree with.

The next 3 will be Pitt, Miami, and NC St - flip a coin for the order.
I pretty much agree with this assessment, just not sure I personally believe in UNC. I could see them dropping back this year. They don’t seem to do well with high expectations on them.

As for Pitt, it’s really a tough call. We lost a lot of talent across the board. I think we have pretty solid depth to cover a lot of it, but hard imagining the defense not taking a step backwards this year, especially early on.

But on offense, I think we can actually be better. All hinges on PJ at qb. Slovis was mediocre at best. PJ has shown enough talent in a Cignetti offense to think we could see a big upgrade at the most important position on the team. Hoping to see the wr’s step it up in 2023. I think we are strong at RB and pretty solid along the line. Big talent at TE if we decide to actually utilize him.

Preseason I’d have to put 5-6 in ACC. But honestly I could see us challenge for a title or struggle to make a bowl. So hard to accurately gauge at this point.

I think it will be FSU, Clemson and UNC, which I would agree with.

The next 3 will be Pitt, Miami, and NC St - flip a coin for the order.
Pitt needs to add a few good transfers. A WR, 2 LBs, a safety (and maybe a DE)

i really like our recruits at WR ($ome not even listed a WR) They will see the field.

Hoping for Deveney to help this year at TE.

Like our redshirt DEs.

Think Louis and Bass see the field at LB.

Maybe a current CB can fill the need at safety.

Happy we brought in an experienced transfer punter.

Reactions: Gunga_Galunga
Pitt needs to add a few good transfers. A WR, 2 LBs, a safety (and maybe a DE)

i really like our recruits at WR ($ome not even listed a WR) They will see the field.

Hoping for Deveney to help this year at TE.

Like our redshirt DEs.

Think Louis and Bass see the field at LB.

Maybe a current CB can fill the need at safety.

Happy we brought in an experienced transfer punter.
We may not even be top 5. We almost always get the shaft.

Reactions: gary2
UVA should be last, that's all I know. Their options at QB currently are a kid from Monmouth or a junior who has barely played that will be playing baseball in the spring not football.

FSU and Clemson
UNC

State, Pitt, Duke

Miami, Cuse, Wake, Louisville

GT, VT, BC
UVA

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT