ADVERTISEMENT

Hate to steal SMF’s thunder

JD1976

Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2005
As we all know how much he cares about WAC football, but it seems like a move is being made to form an 11th FBS conference among members of the WAC and Atlantic Sun

As we all know how much he cares about WAC football, but it seems like a move is being made to form an 11th FBS conference among members of the WAC and Atlantic Sun

So WAC football is gone AGAIN. This new FBS league will be a football-only separate entity. I like the WAC name. Reminds me od watching 10PM BYU/Wyoming games when I was a kid. I'd keep the WAC name for this league. Its 6 WAC teams and 4 ASun teams. If I was the WAC, I would have just added Central Arkansas from the ASun and McNeese St from the Southland or Missouri State from the MVC (both of whom want to go D1) and just had an 8 team leagues for football without needing the ASun schools

God that’s a terrible FBS conference - why are they approving more FBS teams? I think there’s more need to send the bottom third of FBS conferences and merge with upper 1/2 of FCS level . Akron, Kent, etc competitively fit better with the Youngstown St, Delaware and Northern Iowa’s of FCS than they do with the upper 1/2 of FBS.

God that’s a terrible FBS conference - why are they approving more FBS teams? I think there’s more need to send the bottom third of FBS conferences and merge with upper 1/2 of FCS level . Akron, Kent, etc competitively fit better with the Youngstown St, Delaware and Northern Iowa’s of FCS than they do with the upper 1/2 of FBS.

Yea but I cant wait until Tarleton State goes 12-0 one time and gets the G6 CFP spot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT