ADVERTISEMENT

Hayes is Returning

It's a promising sign, but it's not gospel. Addison told Peak in like January that he was coming back to Pitt. KP also said he was playing in the bowl game immediately after the Wake game.

I'm sure seeing the plight of Baldonado helps with Hayes. He likely needs to add 15 pounds and learn to hold the edge better to have a shot at the next level.

And lastly... shouldn't he have two years left? He played four games in the regular season in 2022. So if you flip that and call it a redshirt season instead of 2020, which doesn't count as a year, then he can play in 2024 and 2025 if he wants to.

Reactions: TD_6082
Surprised Bub and Goncalves walked last night. Think both would be making a mistake by leaving

It's a promising sign, but it's not gospel. Addison told Peak in like January that he was coming back to Pitt. KP also said he was playing in the bowl game immediately after the Wake game.

I'm sure seeing the plight of Baldonado helps with Hayes. He likely needs to add 15 pounds and learn to hold the edge better to have a shot at the next level.

And lastly... shouldn't he have two years left? He played four games in the regular season in 2022. So if you flip that and call it a redshirt season instead of 2020, which doesn't count as a year, then he can play in 2024 and 2025 if he wants to.
Hayes played 8 games in 2022, so he has one year of eligibility left.

Hayes played 8 games in 2022, so he has one year of eligibility left.

Ah, okay. I was going by ESPN, which apparently only lists games if they've logged any stats. They have West Virginia, Tennessee, Duke, and Miami up. I knew he was suspended last season, so I just assumed he missed those middle eight games. My bad.

was really hoping means would come back for a year

I don't think that's necessarily set in stone, either. We've seen people walk and come back. Though I'm sure he has aspirations of at least making a practice squad. I think whomever made the Weah comp was pretty on the money. Man, that WR corps will be hurting if he does leave.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT