ADVERTISEMENT

Heather Lyke and Sandy Barbour

Lyke put the "we're working to get something done" out because she had to. Let PSU reject and move on. I don't think anyone here ever saw the series becoming permanent anyway.

You can also claim whatever you want about PSU's schedule with "cupcakes" but Pitt would do well to follow suit.

Reactions: dmaccallum
Nobody with even half a brain thought that the teams were going to play in 2020.

Heather Lyke did ?

She mentioned the contract was sent to Barbour for approval ( which Barbour had no intentions of signing) was well on its way to be signed?

First rule of contract negociations other than negociating a winning deal is: make sure you have a deal or you're close to a deal prior to announcing a deal!

Lyke would have been better served having private discussion with Barbour and announcing either we have a deal or it's no deal prior to making the contract announcement.

I guess it's on the job training for AD Lyke which is one way to learn a job.

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Last edited:
Heather Lyke did ?

She mentioned the contract was sent to Barbour for approval ( which Barbour had no intentions of signing) was well on its way to be signed?

First rule of contract negociations other than negociating a winning deal is: make sure you have a deal or you're close to a deal prior to announcing a deal!

Lyke would have been better served having private discussion with Barbour and announcing either we have a deal or it's no deal prior to making the contract announcement.

I guess it's on the job training for AD Lyke which is one way to learn a job.

Go PITT & CSU Rams!

She absolutely did not think that. She absolutely never said any such thing. They were, and probably at some level still are, talking about games that would take place well into the 2020s. Penn State has already said that they aren't scheduling two P5s in the same season and Penn State already had P5s scheduled each season for the early 2020s.

Literally no one who had paid attention to this thought that there was any chance the schools would be starting a new series in 2020.

She absolutely did not think that. She absolutely never said any such thing. They were, and probably at some level still are, talking about games that would take place well into the 2020s. Penn State has already said that they aren't scheduling two P5s in the same season and Penn State already had P5s scheduled each season for the early 2020s.

Literally no one who had paid attention to this thought that there was any chance the schools would be starting a new series in 2020.

This. Everything I have ever read is if the series ever continues it would be the mid to late 2020s.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan

You are a piece of work!

I admire you effort but your quality of work ( BS) is unbelievable.

So why did Lyke talk about the contract like its an "almost" done deal???

If she knew this deal wasn't going to happen, Lyke should have said " there won't be a continuation of the PSU series" and worked the contract quietly. If Lyke pulled the deal out she would look like a hero!

Instead she announced the agreement/contract like it was about to happen.

Barbour immediately sh-t canned the contract, probably smiled, and as an experienced AD made Lyke look like the "rookie" who she is!

Unfortunately for us Barbour set-up Lyke like Franklin tries to setup HCPN who usually doesn't go for the bait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go PITT & CSU Rams!

You are a piece of work!

I admire you effort but your quality of work ( BS) is unbelievable.

So why did Lyke talk about the contract like its an "almost" done deal???

If she knew this deal wasn't going to happen, Lyke should have said " there won't be a continuation of the PSU series" and worked the contract quietly. If Lyke pulled the deal out she would look like a hero!

Instead she announced the agreement/contract like it was about to happen.

Barbour immediately sh-t canned the contract, probably smiled, and as an experienced AD made Lyke look like the "rookie" who she is!

Unfortunately for us Barbour set-up Lyke like Franklin tries to setup HCPN who usually doesn't go for the bait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait a second. You believed that something that had absolutely no chance of ever happening, and that none of the people involved ever said was going to happen, and I'm the one who is BSing? Are you really this clueless?

Let me spell it out for you. Penn State plays Virginia Tech in 2020. They play Auburn in 2021 and 2022. They play the Hoopies in 2023 and 2024. The return game with Virginia Tech is in 2025. They have said on numerous occasions that they are not scheduling more than one P5 school in any given year. That means that unless Penn State makes a large revision to their stated scheduling philosophy (which they have shown no interest in doing) they are not playing Pitt after next year until at least 2026. That has been the plan all along. The fact that you either don't pay enough attention to understand that or fooled yourself into believing something that no one ever said was even possible isn't Heather Lyke's fault. The discussions between Lyke and Barbour were NEVER about playing in 2020.

Wait a second. You believed that something that had absolutely no chance of ever happening, and that none of the people involved ever said was going to happen, and I'm the one who is BSing? Are you really this clueless?

Let me spell it out for you. Penn State plays Virginia Tech in 2020. They play Auburn in 2021 and 2022. They play the Hoopies in 2023 and 2024. The return game with Virginia Tech is in 2025. They have said on numerous occasions that they are not scheduling more than one P5 school in any given year. That means that unless Penn State makes a large revision to their stated scheduling philosophy (which they have shown no interest in doing) they are not playing Pitt after next year until at least 2026. That has been the plan all along. The fact that you either don't pay enough attention to understand that or fooled yourself into believing something that no one ever said was even possible isn't Heather Lyke's fault. The discussions between Lyke and Barbour were NEVER about playing in 2020.

Joe thank you for the "information."

You're a legend in your own mind!

For sure!

Go PITT & CSU Rams!

I'm no legend, but I can see how it might seem that way to someone such as yourself.

Joe I actually read all of your posts because you do present some really good information and even your questionable "spin " posts are interesting and at a minimum provide some good data.

Have a nice evening! I'm sure I won't be the only person who annoys you tonight!

At least Joe is not a A-HOLE lying, hating anti-woman loser like you parrotface

Thanks oldharry!

You might want to check with Mrs Buffett, who is a woman ,owns her own business, I'm a Global Business Director and we help other women who own their own businesses succeed, and we love competent women!

By the way how long to you have to live?

Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Reactions: President Stache
Penn St has a formula to play 3 cupcakes OOC and pad their record. I am not hating, that is just a fact and it works well for them. With the 3 OOC cupcakes + their in-conference pansies like Rutgers, Maryland, etc. All they have to do is be decent most years and 8+ wins are guaranteed. The Big Ten is very solid at the top, but the bottom is maybe the worst bottom in Power 5 (apologies to the Pac 12). So, that leaves one OOC game per year they are willing to risk a loss. While they probably view Pitt as a lower risk to lose than Auburn or Virginia Tech, I can see where there fans would get bored playing Pitt all the time when that is their lone OOC attraction.

LOL......i'd be more worried about why pitt opens the season every year against an FCS school. Good luck with Albany this year. When the Big Ten requires 9 conference games there is only going to be one home and away as the other two opponents have to be home games for financial reasons. Pitt has already been replaced by VT,Auburn, and WVU. It is all about recruiting and they have much more to gain by playing those schools in their home states than they do Pitt .

LOL......i'd be more worried about why pitt opens the season every year against an FCS school. Good luck with Albany this year. When the Big Ten requires 9 conference games there is only going to be one home and away as the other two opponents have to be home games for financial reasons. Pitt has already been replaced by VT,Auburn, and WVU. It is all about recruiting and they have much more to gain by playing those schools in their home states than they do Pitt .

Nitters discussing strength of schedule is rich

Reactions: President Stache
Joe I actually read all of your posts because you do present some really good information and even your questionable "spin " posts are interesting and at a minimum provide some good data.

Have a nice evening! I'm sure I won't be the only person who annoys you tonight!

You don't annoy me. No one else here does either. I enjoy the back and forth here.

I am actually entertained by trying to educate the less knowledgeable! ;)

Yes an FCS school....
And PSU
And UCF
And Notre Dame.

It is simply a ridiculous OOC schedule as it has been the past 4 or 5 years now.

Should be playing 3 or 4 cupcakes every year. I couldn't care less about any of these "rivalry" games that died years ago.

What is Psu going to gain playing Wvu in Morgantown.Morgantown isn't really a hotbed for P5 recruiting you know.Maybe there's a stud 4th grader at Mylan Elementary now that Franklin will be after in 2023-24?

WVU was a traditional rival of PSU for years, at least. I suspect a legitimate recruiting angle is to stop the flow of Beaver County talent south to Morgantown. WVU has taken some good players out of the WPIAL for years.

Gibby has been recruiting fairly well in western part the last couple of years for Wvu.Maybe in6-7 years the Wpial will be putting out a lot more 4 star players then they will be the next couple of years?

Heather looked like a real chump when she shot her mouth off. Bad early start for Heather. Sorry a major mistake.

Heather looked like a real chump when she shot her mouth off. Bad early start for Heather. Sorry a major mistake.

I am going to personally tell the next AD not to fall for this, because it seems to happen every time. My conclusion is that inside the Pitt bubble, that nobody is aware enough to notify the new AD of the reality.

And if Lyke or any new future AD doesn't at least kick the tires of the PSU series they wouldn't be doing their job.

Lyke took a chance at the height of this current series, hoping Penn State and their fans would be strong armed to move forward. Obviously with her being in Michigan she doesn't know how these fans or Penn State admin act and behave.

Penn State is not scared of pitt...they don't benefit from it with the exception of a truly full beaver stadium. And they are so flush with cash they don't care if they sell 10000-15000 less tickets with Nevada.

If PSU substituted Pitt for Nevada, PSU would lose a home game because Pitt would demand a home game while Nevada does not. PSU loses more money by scheduling Pitt than they do scheduling Nevada.

Let us know when PoSU plays two ooc opponents in the top ten and then come back here.

Truthfully I don't care if we ever played them again. I lived in Altoona for many years in the 1970's and had to put up with them, even when we beat them. Last year was my first Pitt/Penn State experience and they were even worse. I would rather play a two game series with Iowa/Michigan/Michigan State/Ohio State/Notre Dame/Nebraska/Wisconsin. I would even like to do what we did playing Texas or Texas A&M like we have, or even USC. I could care less if we ever played PoSU again.

They are afraid to play Pitt, and for good reason. If they beat Pitt, it doesn't help them and if they lose to Pitt, it really hurts them. We have nothing to lose by playing Penn State, but they have everything to lose by playing Pitt. Until Pitt can get to the point where they are a perennial top 20 team, it will be that way for them.

Lyke got bullied, no other way to explain it. She desperately went public with the request to renew the series only to be shot down. If we don't want to be little brother, maybe our AD shouldn't look so foolish.

Truthfully I don't care if we ever played them again. I lived in Altoona for many years in the 1970's and had to put up with them, even when we beat them. Last year was my first Pitt/Penn State experience and they were even worse. I would rather play a two game series with Iowa/Michigan/Michigan State/Ohio State/Notre Dame/Nebraska/Wisconsin. I would even like to do what we did playing Texas or Texas A&M like we have, or even USC. I could care less if we ever played PoSU again.

They are afraid to play Pitt, and for good reason. If they beat Pitt, it doesn't help them and if they lose to Pitt, it really hurts them. We have nothing to lose by playing Penn State, but they have everything to lose by playing Pitt. Until Pitt can get to the point where they are a perennial top 20 team, it will be that way for them.

They are afraid to play Pitt, and for good reason.

As ncyajleel posted!

Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Last edited:
Let us know when PoSU plays two ooc opponents in the top ten and then come back here.

OOC schedules are only relevant when comparing two schools in the same conference. The acc coastal is hardly the big ten east. Just ask rutgers what it's like to play Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan and Michigan state every single year.

OOC schedules are only relevant when comparing two schools in the same conference. The acc coastal is hardly the big ten east. Just ask rutgers what it's like to play Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan and Michigan state every single year.

You are forgetting about our Syracuse and Wake Forest cross over games. Much tougher than Wisconsin, Iowa, and Illinois

I want our next AD to come in and say "I'm not even talking to Penn St. I don't want that soiled program within 140 miles of Heinz Field. That program is dead to us."

Then and only then will Penn St. suddenly want to play Pitt again ,and we will be in the drivers seat.

She does not look like a fool. My guess is she thought she could put public pressure on Penn State without realizing they have no shame at all

To put public pressure on PSU Lyke should inform Barbour that with no contact to play again Pitt will pay honor to Joe Pa at Heinz Field by giving out 40,000 Joe Knew Tshirts , a collectors item for all visiting PSU fans.

Reactions: ratking17
WVU was a traditional rival of PSU for years, at least. I suspect a legitimate recruiting angle is to stop the flow of Beaver County talent south to Morgantown. WVU has taken some good players out of the WPIAL for years.

2 guys Pitt wanted... two

Reactions: RaleighPittFan

Only Ohio State is a really good team every single year... the rest of those programs are up and down.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
We’ve played twice in two years and split the games. Get off your high horse. We’ll play you, but you’d rather dummy-down your schedule. ‘Nuf said.
What are you going to say after we take three out of four off of you by winning the next two by a combined 6-8 touchdowns?

Never mind...something about Sandusky

We’ve played twice in two years and split the games. Get off your high horse. We’ll play you, but you’d rather dummy-down your schedule. ‘Nuf said.
Yhe opposite actually. Before we lost to MSU they were saying our terrible OOC schedule was going to keep us out of the playoff. Two FCS teams and a sub .500 P5 team. That's why we would rather play Auburn and VaTech than Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT