ADVERTISEMENT

Heather Lyke meeting with press

ThePanthers

Head Coach
May 4, 2009
1) Met with populus and the facilities are deficient and Pitt will be correcting that via their master plan.

2) No plans for on campus stadium.

3) Looking at possibly adding additional sports down the road. Focusing though in existing programs.

4) Concern about Pitt basketball but has confidence Stallings will fix it. It's a process.

5) Looking to make Pitt tailgating experience unique.

6) Will have a James Conner bobblehead game.

7) Hasnt met with psu ad yet in continuing series but will. Knows her well.

8) Said won't eliminate fcs games completely but I my make sense for opener.

9) Said Pitt script is unique and adds value. Colors do not. Discussions have occurred to go back to the throwback colors.

10) Will wear throwbacks twice this year.

11) Developing secondary logo.

Why develop anything when you have this masterpiece just waiting to rise from the ashes:

panther4.png

No one from our media asked about upgrades for the ACC Network like there have been articles on for every other school?

Crazy Paco always enjoy your comments this say sound dumb but wouldn't you believe that Pitt already studio affiliation with the Steelers & Root Sports and doesn't need to do anything

ThePanthers, post: 1927869, member: 3098"]
1) Met with populus and the facilities are deficient and Pitt will be correcting that via their master plan.
Have to Rebuild Pitt FB & BB Programs & Set Up Pitt ACCN!
3) Looking at possibly adding additional sports down the road. Focusing though in existing programs.
No choice, FB & BB First they produce the revenues.
4) Concern about Pitt basketball but has confidence Stallings will fix it. It's a process.
A good reliable Pitt Booster talked to a Vandy Fan whose Brother In Law played for Stallings, and said the Players just hated him at Vandy, and I don't see him as a success anywhere, his condescension methods of coaching are old, arrogant and don't care for them or him.
Forced Peduto to get involved and legislature too! PSU spent much money on the scandal, playing Pitt makes Economic sense and always did for Schools, city and commonwealth. Many of them were involved in The Second Mile.
9) Said Pitt script is unique and adds value. Colors do not. Discussions have occurred to go back to the throwback colors.
Many wanted the Pitt Script & No Brainer except for Pederson, Why They Chose Different Colors was Another Barn Doors Consultant Failure, and Narduzzi will set it right sooner or later with the Smarter Heather.
Good Looks and Can Be Made Better!
Please No Hound Tooth Pederson's Peppers, No Dino Cats that looked like Dogs, and plenty in Pitt Archives just go look and adopt them back, save some money.

Heather is Great Hire:D after Pederson's Poison:mad: and Barnes Barn Doors Consultants doing his thinking and then cut and running from the Big City for Dear Old Mommy;)!

This is Good News because it makes Coach Narduzz's Caring, Encouraging and developing his Recruits and Players easier to Rebuild Pitt Football Program in the ACC.:rolleyes::cool::)

Last edited:
Crazy Paco always enjoy your comments this say sound dumb but wouldn't you believe that Pitt already studio affiliation with the Steelers & Root Sports and doesn't need to do anything

Based on what they produced for the acc network streaming app they need huge upgrades. This will be all produced at ESPN standards. Most acc schools are dropping around 5-7 m. Pitt will do the same.

Maddox, Oneil going to ACC media days 7/13-14.
Bookser prelim hearing continued till 8/2.

Last edited:

I hate this quote. I understand it may not be a thought for now...and I get it (though I don't agree), but there should be some sort of plan in place if the Steelers ever leave the North Shore. People don't want to talk about that, but it very well could happen. I would prefer to hear " No current plans for an on campus stadium" Which to me mean that if the need arises, we would revisit. As it is stated now, we are tied to the Steelers regardless of what they do.

She gets it. It was obvious to EVERYONE ELSE except for the admins at Pitt.

Now of course the debate will be "which shade of blue and gold" yadda yadda yadda, and the usual suspects will be here soon attempting to troll about it, but the bottom line is that standing out is a good thing in college football.

#2 is just Pathetic . Pitt is stupid. Worse than the Pirates.

They have to feel like they are wasting their time talking about this topic at this point.
Interesting. I wonder which sports and also if it's necessary.
What else is she going to say? I am not a fan of Stallings but also want him to succeed.
Very interested to see what the ideas are.
I'm tired of Penn State.
I don't care about the other sports, but football should just wear the old uniforms. The Pitt script is unique, the color scheme is not. Go back to the old color scheme and you truly have a unique uniform.
An additional game is one closer to wearing them for every game.
I loved some of the old school Panther logos. Hope they go in that direction rather than the generic, modern logos with sleek edges that look nothing like the team it's suppose to represent.

A unique tailgating experience and no talk of tarping off the upper end zone

Can only mean one thing.

Pitt is going to have the only tailgate experience in the actual Stadium.

The North End Zone is going to look like a sidewalk sale at Home Depot.

A unique tailgating experience and no talk of tarping off the upper end zone

Can only mean one thing.

Pitt is going to have the only tailgate experience in the actual Stadium.

The North End Zone is going to look like a sidewalk sale at Home Depot.

Perhaps they will tailgate in Oakland and Bus everyone to the North Shore.

Put up tents in the Cathedral Lawn and around the Student Union. People can come and eat and visit the campus and give us the on campus stadium feel without having one. Then we all pile onto the bus. Snacks will be provided for the trip home as long as we stay into the 4th Quarter.

I hate this quote. I understand it may not be a thought for now...and I get it (though I don't agree), but there should be some sort of plan in place if the Steelers ever leave the North Shore. People don't want to talk about that, but it very well could happen. I would prefer to hear " No current plans for an on campus stadium" Which to me mean that if the need arises, we would revisit. As it is stated now, we are tied to the Steelers regardless of what they do.
If the Steelers leave the North Shore, they aren't taking Heinz Field with them...

Perhaps they will tailgate in Oakland and Bus everyone to the North Shore.

Put up tents in the Cathedral Lawn and around the Student Union. People can come and eat and visit the campus and give us the on campus stadium feel without having one. Then we all pile onto the bus. Snacks will be provided for the trip home as long as we stay into the 4th Quarter.
You guys all beat me to it. I'm concerned that the "unique tailgate experience" will eventually be unique if only because there won't be any vehicles permitted.

Seriously, maybe the "unique experience" will be something like what happens when Pitt fans travel on the road: the hard-working Pitt Alumni Association holds pre-game gatherings (usually under a big tent or in a nearby indoor site) within walking distance of the other team's stadium. We usually attend 'em, and they're a nice time (the cheerleaders, pep band, and Roc are there), but it's waaay different from the usual tailgating experience.

ThePanthers, post: 1927869, member: 3098"]
Have to Rebuild Pitt FB & BB Programs & Set Up Pitt ACCN!
No choice, FB & BB First they produce the revenues.
A good reliable Pitt Booster talked to a Vandy Fan whose Brother In Law played for Stallings, and said the Players just hated him at Vandy, and I don't see him as a success anywhere, his condescension methods of coaching are old, arrogant and don't care for them or him.
Forced Peduto to get involved and legislature too! PSU spent much money on the scandal, playing Pitt makes Economic sense and always did for Schools, city and commonwealth. Many of them were involved in The Second Mile.
Many wanted the Pitt Script & No Brainer except for Pederson, Why They Chose Different Colors was Another Barn Doors Consultant Failure, and Narduzzi will set it right sooner or later with the Smarter Heather.
Good Looks and Can Be Made Better!
Please No Hound Tooth Pederson's Peppers, No Dino Cats that looked like Dogs, and plenty in Pitt Archives just go look and adopt them back, save some money.

Heather is Great Hire:D after Pederson's Poison:mad: and Barnes Barn Doors Consultants doing his thinking and then cut and running from the Big City for Dear Old Mommy;)!

This is Good News because it makes Coach Narduzz's Caring, Encouraging and developing his Recruits and Players easier to Rebuild Pitt Football Program in the ACC.:rolleyes::cool::)
What are the throwback colors? Apparently all Pitt fans have differing opinions.In my mind it's NOT what they are currently wearing as quote un quote throwbacks.If they are going to do it do it RIGHT.Not some bright royal blue and canary yellow crap! We need to start worrying about winning games and championships and LESS about colors and logos.

Last edited:
No one from our media asked about upgrades for the ACC Network like there have been articles on for every other school?

She touches on the launch of the network briefly when they're discussing scheduling, but nothing really about startup investment.

What are the throwback colors? Apparently all Pitt fans have differing opinions.In my mind it's NOT what they are currently wearing as quote un quote throwbacks.If they are going to do it do it RIGHT.Not some bright royal blue and canary yellow crap! We need to start worrying about winning games and championships and LESS about colors and logos.
Its a good, cheap way to distract from just that.

#2 is just Pathetic . Pitt is stupid. Worse than the Pirates.
Much worse. Pirates actually are masters of their domain as far as making tons of profit.

Although not owning its own stadium is really a fiscally smart move ... it's only worth a dam if they'd then leverage the money they're not blowing on maintenance, utilities, interest etc by investing more in winning. Which they don't. Which ends up resulting in loss of money, rather than the profits and donations (and political dominance) that irrefutably comes from winning. Which negates the positive of not having the albatross of a stadium.

And who will "own" it? Maintain it? The Steelers out of the goodness of their Hearts?
More like the county and city, via the Stadium Authority. Which would frankly look to evict Pitt (in current state) in a New York minute if the Steelers ever take a sweet deal in the burbs. Because at present, Pitt has little better than open hostility with the politicians of the county and city. But a sustained winning team would of course flip that dynamic.

Lots of interesting stuff covered by AD Lyke. Agree that it sounds as if the color scheme will be changing. That's probably a good idea because it does make Pitt stand out and more readily identifiable.

As far as 10) above, that actually represents no change from last year when Pitt also wore the throwbacks twice: vs. GT and Duke.

Just read the transcript on dks site.

She talks about investing in the acc network and how they have to be ready for 2018.

Also said the priority is updating all Olympic sport venues and practice facilities and there is some land on the hill they can use for that.

I wonder how much money will have been wasted by updates last year to physical things that feature the current color scheme, only to be changed to the colors more people like?

This is fantastic and what I expected from Ms Lyke!
Communication is great! When people don't communicate it's easy to form opinions that might not be fact. So don't leave things to chance get out there and over communicate if only to say Hi PITT fans here's some updates!
Now we have more info from the new PITT AD, we know what Lyke has on her radar screen and what Lyke doesn't.
Thanks Ms Lyke! Keep the updates coming!

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
According to PG, a full time move to yellow and royal blue was not ruled out.

Too bad yellow and royal have never been the actual colors of the University of Pittsburgh.

Constant switching based on color trends in stupid...and how ended up with the current ones. Fine for alternative jersey's that sell gear and help catch the eye of recruits, but if they are going to switch, be done with it permanently and return to the actual roots of the university with Old Gold and Navy and stay with them permanently.

But it sounds like they are waiting on Nike to tell them what to do. Apparel companies have told us a lot of dumb things through the years.

Last edited:
There isnt a D1 team who has a yellow helmet as their primary helmet.

Only 2 P5 team has royal blue as a primary color (Kansas and Kentucky) and Mississippi seems to rotate between royal and navy blue.

Obviously, no one has the color combo of royal blue and yellow.

Reactions: Jpripper88
ADVERTISEMENT