ADVERTISEMENT

Heather Lyke now has a HUGE problem on her hands.

Panther_in_Kentucky

Sophomore
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2001
Heather, you made this bed now you have to lay in it.

Best solution: Part ways with Narduzzi and make Charlie Partridge head coach and give him 4 years.

Check my posts from when they hired this guy and passed on Doc Holliday. Lyke didn't hire Narduzzi but she extended him.

This will make or break Luke's career as AD.

Oh how I miss Caz Mylinski.

I don't disagree but he's not going anywhere. It's a horrible look when the university is cutting jobs due to Covid and then you eat a couple of million dollars in a fired coach's salary. Doesn't matter if the alumni comes up with the cash. Horrible PR issue.

I don't disagree but he's not going anywhere. It's a horrible look when the university is cutting jobs due to Covid and then you eat a couple of million dollars in a fired coach's salary. Doesn't matter if the alumni comes up with the cash. Horrible PR issue.
PR...are you watching this game that’s being televised throughout the country? This is the worst PR you can have. And if it continues like this people will absolutely understand why Narduzzi had to go.

Heather, you made this bed now you have to lay in it.

Best solution: Part ways with Narduzzi and make Charlie Partridge head coach and give him 4 years.

Check my posts from when they hired this guy and passed on Doc Holliday. Lyke didn't hire Narduzzi but she extended him.

This will make or break Luke's career as AD.

Oh how I miss Caz Mylinski.
Caz has been dead for a century.

Last edited:
Reactions: IntrospectiveYinzer
Many on this board thought we should have hired Doc back then , and whoever said we would beat Marshall this year , WRONG, and they are not even a power 5

Reactions: Dan1911
PR...are you watching this game that’s being televised throughout the country? This is the worst PR you can have. And if it continues like this people will absolutely understand why Narduzzi had to go.

It’s one loss and it’s not likely to dramatically change Lyke’s opinion. Narduzzi still runs a clean program, his team‘s are not likely to embarrass the University with poor behavior, runs a traditional program, and more often than not gets the team bowl eligible. Given the covid induced budget issues this year, I don’t see Pat getting canned this year, and maybe not even next year.

The problem is the fans have expectations and priorities that are different than the university.

Reactions: superstein61a
It’s one loss and it’s not likely to dramatically change Lyke’s opinion. Narduzzi still runs a clean program, his team‘s are not likely to embarrass the University with poor behavior, runs a traditional program, and more often than not gets the team bowl eligible. Given the covid induced budget issues this year, I don’t see Pat getting canned this year, and maybe not even next year.

The problem is the fans have expectations and priorities that are different than the university.

See the 5 G today , when they open it back up , 5 g will be normal crowds, 15 G max unless a big name comes in

Reactions: MarySki
This is a big problem for Heather Lyke. This was Narduzzi's best team since 2016 and its going to be his worst performance.

I believe Narduzzi does a nice job with his team off the field and in the classroom and he clearly cares about the team and wants to win. It just doesn't translate.

There is little indication that this team will improve next year and whether fans are or aren't allowed back in the stands, season ticket numbers will suffer. He's maxed out his win total here, IMO, and I think it's clear we've already seen his best here at Pitt and it just isn't very good. It may not be the best for optics to move on, but nothing will change by keep him at Pitt beyond this season beyond more mediocre recruiting classes and decreased interest from the fanbase. Why put off the inevitable? Rip off the band aid, forget about the poor optics, and try to go out and get a coach who can inject some excitement into this program.

Save me it won't be any different than the past. Heather Lyke has hired coaches who have turned the volleyball and soccer programs into ACC powers and are now nationally recognized. She got one of the best available college basketball coaches with Capel. I want to see what she can do with the football program when starting from scratch with a coaching staff.

This is a big problem for Heather Lyke. This was Narduzzi's best team since 2016 and its going to be his worst performance.

I believe Narduzzi does a nice job with his team off the field and in the classroom and he clearly cares about the team and wants to win. It just doesn't translate.

There is little indication that this team will improve next year and whether fans are or aren't allowed back in the stands, season ticket numbers will suffer. He's maxed out his win total here, IMO, and I think it's clear we've already seen his best here at Pitt and it just isn't very good. It may not be the best for optics to move on, but nothing will change by keep him at Pitt beyond this season beyond more mediocre recruiting classes and decreased interest from the fanbase. Why put off the inevitable? Rip off the band aid, forget about the poor optics, and try to go out and get a coach who can inject some excitement into this program.

Save me it won't be any different than the past. Heather Lyke has hired coaches who have turned the volleyball and soccer programs into ACC powers and are now nationally recognized. She got one of the best available college basketball coaches with Capel. I want to see what she can do with the football program when starting from scratch with a coaching staff.
PN hit the water mark and it is all downhill from here. You have to make a change.

home Runs with soccer and volleyball so why not allow her to try with football? What’s the big loss he’s a 8-4 coach tops and 6-6 most years so who cares. If the university isn’t willing to step up and bring someone in with a pedigree then screw this and hope the attendance is about 5000 forever

You mean the fans expect to win and the University doesn’t, right?

It’s one loss? Have you seen this team? It’s more than one loss....it’s complete incompetence! And who gives a flying fcuk about traditional programs that have good behavior? He’s being paid $4MM to win games not to be Mr. Congeniality.

It isn't one loss. It is getting embarrassed by PSU, UCF, CLemson, VT, OK ST, and now ND. It is constantly losing to teams you should beat like Miami last year, BC, and NC State. It is the same issues over and over and over again.

He is a clown. He should have been gone after last year and probably sooner but you simply cannot bring him back or you risk the program going into a total blackhole.

Pitt is no worse than nine or ten other ACC teams.

We are heading there though, and that is not a high bar as once you get past Clemson you have different levels of mediocrity.

Things though are spiraling right now though, and this was supposed to be Narduzzi's best team yet they are heading towards a likely 4-7 record.

He should have been fired after last year...hell I had doubts about midway through year two when you he kept letting his corners play on an island against good receivers and getting out jumped. His pinnacle is winning a horrific coastal division and going 7-7 with three straight losses to end the season. He had his best two teams with Chryst players and since then has been at very best average and I would say below average.

You mean the fans expect to win and the University doesn’t, right?

The university is satisfied with 7 wins a year. They want more but will accept 7 given the other criteria. Fans want 10 wins and contend for ACC championships. Championships require risk the University will not tolerate.

Reactions: boseman7
It’s one loss? Have you seen this team? It’s more than one loss....it’s complete incompetence! And who gives a flying fcuk about traditional programs that have good behavior? He’s being paid $4MM to win games not to be Mr. Congeniality.

Don’t forget this university fired Coach Wannstedt, not for lack of wins, but for the off field behavior of his players.
I don’t think that has changed in the University. Wins are secondary, not primary.

Don’t forget this university fired Coach Wannstedt, not for lack of wins, but for the off field behavior of his players.
I don’t think that has changed in the University. Wins are secondary, not primary.
Then they should just move their games to CMU. That should be the right sized stadium. At least they can say their stadium is within walking distance for students.

Not this year but that’s about his average. They won’t fire him over this bad year especially with Covid impacting the budget.

Besides, what makes you think the university will hire a coach better than Narduzzi? I don’t think highly of him but I think Pitt is an impossible place to win.
Why not? Every other school playing big-time football has managed to do it at least once over the last 38 years. That includes Kansas, GT, Minnesota, Northwestern, Wake Forest, etc...

home Runs with soccer and volleyball so why not allow her to try with football? What’s the big loss he’s a 8-4 coach tops and 6-6 most years so who cares. If the university isn’t willing to step up and bring someone in with a pedigree then screw this and hope the attendance is about 5000 forever
I have confidence that HL will make a solid hire.

Not this year but that’s about his average. They won’t fire him over this bad year especially with Covid impacting the budget.

Besides, what makes you think the university will hire a coach better than Narduzzi? I don’t think highly of him but I think Pitt is an impossible place to win.
It's not impossible but impossible when the HC keeps hiring buddies.

ADVERTISEMENT