ADVERTISEMENT

Heather Lyke now has a HUGE problem on her hands.

Why not? Every other school playing big-time football has managed to do it at least once over the last 38 years. That includes Kansas, GT, Minnesota, Northwestern, Wake Forest, etc...
you are naïve if you think Wannstedt wasn't fired for lack of wins.
Yes, but Pederson and as much as it pains me to send any praise his way, he also pulled Walt Harris aside in 2001 when the team lost five games to open the season and told him he had replacements lined up. Of course, Harris rebounded and won six straight and a bowl game. Hard to see Heather doing that and letting it slip our to the press as Pederson did.

And, furthermore, let's stop talking about Pitt like it's the little sisters of the poor. Pitt wanted to stay in a Power 5 conference. There is no excuse, no saying "ah, it's Pitt, what did you expect?" The expectation is to win, be ranked, and contend for the national championship.

Last edited:
Pederson wanted full control again, and WANNY was not his hire and Wanny wouldn't kiss his ass. Period. Nordy and Pedey were dolts
And Phil Bennett took us to a bowl game in Birmingham and beat an SEC team Kentucky. If Wannstedt had coached the bowl game, would the result have been the same?

You are not a Pitt football fan or maybe even a fan of any sport. What Pitt did today is a total embarrassment to the university and will cost Pitt money. Why don't you go back to Penn State and sulk over their stupid loss today???
Normally, I ignore the comments of the weak, ignorant, and incapable, but I will make an exception in this case.
Some people on this board might have deeper ties to the university, but my family has been going to Pitt for over 4 generations including my daughter who started this fall not to mention having family members teach at the school including having chairs named after them. I graduated Pitt and have made it a point to recruit from that school when I return to Pittsburgh each year.

Question someone’s fandom because they say things you disagree with is the sign of a third class mind. And you certainly did not differentiate between what I think Pitt will do (which is keep Narduzzi) from what I want them to do (which is doing much more than firing the coach).

Reactions: Black_Man_Panther
Normally, I ignore the comments of the weak, ignorant, and incapable, but I will make an exception in this case.
Some people on this board might have deeper ties to the university, but my family has been going to Pitt for over 4 generations including my daughter who started this fall not to mention having family members teach at the school including having chairs named after them. I graduated Pitt and have made it a point to recruit from that school when I return to Pittsburgh each year.

Question someone’s fandom because they say things you disagree with is the sign of a third class mind. And you certainly did not differentiate between what I think Pitt will do (which is keep Narduzzi) from what I want them to do (which is doing much more than firing the coach).

Damn, 4 generations is impressive. I graduated from Pitt, as did my father and grandmother, but that’s as far as I can go.

And to be honest, my grandmother went to both Pitt and Slippery Rock, not sure where she actually graduated from. She was a classmate of Charley Hyatt though, so I will count her as a Pitt person.

With Kenny Pickett, I think you're right.

Based on what we saw today, I'm not sure there is a team we could beat.
LOL. I thought you evaporated into thin air after tonight’s embarrassment. You spent the last 3 days telling me how great Narduzzi was and how bad capel is on the basketball board and I kept *correctly* eviscerating you for thinking this caveman is the best coach moving forward for Pitt. Hilarious you come over here to hide.

Reactions: Jjb42190
Its still absolutely ridiculous to think of firing him at this point. In a year that shouldn't matter, he's really working hard to shorten his leash.

I'm under no illusion that Pitt can ever be an elite program in the current climate. I don't expect, or even aspire for that. I can even live with losing. I do expect them to compete. Saturday's game was a total unwatchable shit show.

Its still absolutely ridiculous to think of firing him at this point. In a year that shouldn't matter, he's really working hard to shorten his leash.

I'm under no illusion that Pitt can ever be an elite program in the current climate. I don't expect, or even aspire for that. I can even live with losing. I do expect them to compete. Saturday's game was a total unwatchable shit show.

Doing it now or next year, it's only a matter of money. They are going to go 3-8 this year. This staff has quit on these kids and the kids most likely have quit on this staff too. I have an ugly feeling that we are going to see mass transfers if PN is kept. Not to mention, they will have a ton of decommitments after this joke of a season too.

It is just a terrible situation right now, and continually getting blown out on national television is no help either

There are 2 things in Lyke’s favor to wait another year.
1) I believe most fans rolled over their tickets so they already sold most of next years season tickets. While attendance may be down, she has everyone on the hook for one more year. If she makes the move next year when fans have to choose to renew again of not, she can sell the coaching change as a reason to give it a chance.
2) Clemson is on the schedule at home. When is the last time Pitt played a #1 ranked team at home? i would think they can sell a few season ticket packages to Clemson fans who’ve never been to Pittsburgh and look to make a weekend of it.

Ultimately, if the option is a move on a tight budget that limits money available for the next hire this year or a move with a larger budget next year that provides more coaching options, let’s wait a season.

The loss to WVU made it easier. But look who they hired to replace Dave? Mike Haywood.
That tipped me off the university did not prioritize winning so much as discipline.
You are VERY Naive if you think it was the disciplinary alone that got Dave fired. Your Eggheads brought back Peterson for round two and thats where the bad hires came in. You can thank the EggHeads that you so protect

Doing it now or next year, it's only a matter of money. They are going to go 3-8 this year. This staff has quit on these kids and the kids most likely have quit on this staff too. I have an ugly feeling that we are going to see mass transfers if PN is kept. Not to mention, they will have a ton of decommitments after this joke of a season too.

It is just a terrible situation right now, and continually getting blown out on national television is no help either

I didn't hear about the decommitments ... who did you hear ? Anxious to hear about the ton..

There are 2 things in Lyke’s favor to wait another year.
1) I believe most fans rolled over their tickets so they already sold most of next years season tickets. While attendance may be down, she has everyone on the hook for one more year. If she makes the move next year when fans have to choose to renew again of not, she can sell the coaching change as a reason to give it a chance.
2) Clemson is on the schedule at home. When is the last time Pitt played a #1 ranked team at home? i would think they can sell a few season ticket packages to Clemson fans who’ve never been to Pittsburgh and look to make a weekend of it.

Ultimately, if the option is a move on a tight budget that limits money available for the next hire this year or a move with a larger budget next year that provides more coaching options, let’s wait a season.
So what is the plan if people demand their money back and don’t purchase a ticket package for next year?

I didn't hear about the decommitments ... who did you hear ? Anxious to hear about the ton..
Are you actually mocking him because the decommitments haven’t happened yet??
With the way this season is going, if you think there will not be multiple decommitments, you’re delusional.

Reactions: Jjb42190
So what is the plan if people demand their money back and don’t purchase a ticket package for next year?

Do you really think enough people would go through the headache of fighting with the athletic department over a few hundred dollars they said goodbye to over a year ago? I think most would just not show up and not renew the year after, considering it an apathetic wash.

With so few Panther Club accounts, we’re at the point where it would take a coordinated refund campaign by rollover ticket holders to move the needle.

The 500 accounts that chose to reinvest are likely pretty safe to renew but would be the group that could possibly provide the AD insight in to how it’s going to go as they will need to make up their minds this January.

Do you really think enough people would go through the headache of fighting with the athletic department over a few hundred dollars they said goodbye to over a year ago? I think most would just not show up and not renew the year after, considering it an apathetic wash.

With so few Panther Club accounts, we’re at the point where it would take a coordinated refund campaign by rollover ticket holders to move the needle.

The 500 accounts that chose to reinvest are likely pretty safe to renew but would be the group that could possibly provide the AD insight in to how it’s going to go as they will need to make up their minds this January.
The answer is Yes. It already happened with the basketball program when Long was the AD and we were winning. The season ticket holders filed a lawsuit.

Do you expect things to get better in a year? If so, then you keep him. If you think the program is going to win between 5-7 games a year with Narduzzi then just move on.

I think most Pitt fans know they can't be an elite program. I don't expect that either, but I do think they should be better than what they are.

Do you expect things to get better in a year? If so, then you keep him. If you think the program is going to win between 5-7 games a year with Narduzzi then just move on.

I think most Pitt fans know they can't be an elite program. I don't expect that either, but I do think they should be better than what they are.

yeah. Averaging 7 or 8 wins a year is possible. That does not mean youShould Out at that number of wins. If you’re averaging seven or eight wins a year you will also have years where you were nine or 10 games. You also may have yours where you win five or six games. But we have now is winning five or six games a year sometimes without ever having to nine or 10 with seasons

The answer is Yes. It already happened with the basketball program when Long was the AD and we were winning. The season ticket holders filed a lawsuit.

Yeah, but the difference is that back then they got sued because they unilaterally changed the deal that they made with people when they originally bought their tickets, and this time it would be the athletic department holding people to what they originally agreed to and the ticket holders who would want to unilaterally change the deal that they made.

If you really think kids are going to stick around after this shit, you're just naive.

We most certainly will lose a few current players and committed players too

ADVERTISEMENT