ADVERTISEMENT

Heinz Field No More

TheSpecialSauce

Chancellor
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2019
According to Poni - Heinz Field is no more. The ketchup giant will not extend its naming rights deal for 2022. Sources say a new name for the stadium could be announced this week.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Mentally preparing myself for UPMC Field.

Would it be frowned upon if they replace the ketchup bottles with pill bottles spilling over when they reach the redzone? :oops:

UPMC is the most likely. Just aren’t all that many other candidates that don’t already sponsor other sports venues (PPG, PNC, Highmark). If not UPMC, who else? U. S. Steel? Alcoa?

UPMC is the most likely. Just aren’t all that many other candidates that don’t already sponsor other sports venues (PPG, PNC, Highmark). If not UPMC, who else? U. S. Steel? Alcoa?
My personal favorite would just be naming it Eat’n’Park. The ‘park’ would have double meaning, of course, and we’d replace the concession stands with salad bars.

Reactions: WVUinColumbus
Twitter has a ton of choices.

Dicks is the leader.
Duolingo
Iron city
UPMC is too obvious.
Someone posted all of the lawyers that have goofy names.

Reactions: ShipofFools
My personal favorite would just be naming it Eat’n’Park. The ‘park’ would have double meaning, of course, and we’d replace the concession stands with salad bars.
Chik-Fil-A. Maybe then fans wouldn’t be so upset at sitting in lines when leaving the lots. Would enrage many on this board too, so there’s that bonus😁

Chik-Fil-A. Maybe then fans wouldn’t be so upset at sitting in lines when leaving the lots. Would enrage many on this board too, so there’s that bonus😁
Can't do that. They are closed on Sundays. Impossible to work around for stillers. They would have to tarp all signage on Sundays. Way too much work.

UPMC has a nice ring. It’s “Pittsburgh “ enough that it doesn’t say national corporate sponsor.

Also…and yeah I get they are separate legal entities…but it would be nice to basically have the university name in the stadium.

Someone posted all of the lawyers that have goofy names.
tumblr_o5qh13y1Uh1txyx4lo1_1280.png

Reactions: ratking17
“Dick’s Field”…..too many double entendre’s to mention.
Lends a new meaning to the Dick’s foot longer, at the concession stand…..

I don't think it will be UPMC. They've got enough issues with their tax status battles and enormous revenues/CEO salaries. It would look terrible for them to throw more money at stadium naming. Then again Highmark has an NFL stadium and I'm sure that pisses UPMC off to no end so who knows

My money would be on Dick's. Seems too perfect.

Reactions: bayardstreet
It's always been starlake, but not having lived in Pittsburgh for a while now, I couldn't tell you what names it went by in the past.

It is going to be some insurance company, and no one other than TV and radio announcers will ever refer to it as Liberty Mutual Field

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT