ADVERTISEMENT

Heinz Field No More

2020-insurance-broker-acrisure-reveals-new-logo-design.png

As long as you just give it to whoever PAY$ THE MO$T

People will still call it Heinz Field

Hopefully they do something like Acrisure Stadium at Three Rivers. I really hope The Rooney's get a ton of s***t for this(yes I know they won't).

Hopefully they do something like Acrisure Stadium at Three Rivers. I really hope The Rooney's get a ton of s***t for this(yes I know they won't).
The name is already universally hated and it hasn’t even been announced yet. The reality also is it was going to the highest bidder.

Reactions: Pitt79
I want the MAX CA$H I don't care what they call, paint the seats pink and call it Tampon Field, get PAID so you can afford players etc.

So the Accrisure thing is official? That's a terrible name. But effective in the fact that I now know who Accrisure is.

Has the Steeler brand been so damaged by Art Rooney oversight and Tomlin's coaching that they couldn't get a company with a recognizable name to pony up the cash for the naming rights?

• Haha
Reactions: jtownknowitall
I want the MAX CA$H I don't care what they call, paint the seats pink and call it Tampon Field, get PAID so you can afford players etc.
they can afford the players already, they dont need to whore themselves out to the highest bidder in order to resign Minkah

serious question, did anyone EVER call the civic arena the Mellon Arena? Ever? Even accidentally?
No. Just like no one in LA is going to call Staples Center whatever the new name is. In the grand scheme it's not a big deal, but it doesn't change the fact the new name is dumb.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
serious question, did anyone EVER call the civic arena the Mellon Arena? Ever? Even accidentally?
I purposefully refused to, but it was more personal and petty; Mellon turned me down for a job out of college. Like Uncle Leo, I never forget when someone betrays me. F Mellon and whatever conflagration of initials it’s now known as, forever.

The best play here would be to float the Acrimony or whatever it is name for a few days, knowing full well It’s a terrible name for the stadium, BUT garnering free PR for this ridiculously obscure firm, and what it purports to do. Leave it out there for a week or so. Then the Rooneys can cleverly claim that they are “responding to the feedback of their precious customers” and withdrawing the name, for Art Rooney Field at UPMC Park or such. It’s such a win win win: Aquavelva gets its name and purpose out there to everyone, the old man gets his due, and the Steelers then get a deep pocketed sponsor that may actually still exist in another 6 months.

they can afford the players already, they dont need to whore themselves out to the highest bidder in order to resign Minkah
It's always been said that they don't have the up front cash to compete with richer owners on signing bonuses.

It's always been said that they don't have the up front cash to compete with richer owners on signing bonuses.
salary caps are salary caps. one team is not giving more, they are just giving more now and less later.. its just re-shuffling the payouts, taking the salary hits now vs later and vice versa..

ADVERTISEMENT