ADVERTISEMENT

Heisman odds

If you're talking purely about the best player in college football, Pickett should be higher on the list. There can't be many guys playing better football than he is right now.

He is off to a hell of a start. But they need to win for the hype train to keep building steam

One game at a time. If Pitt can keep winning now and Kenny can throw 3+ TDs a game, he'll keep moving up the ladder. Win the rest of the regular season games (why not) and who knows what could happen.

His odds just got a bit better after today’s game. If he keeps playing like he has and Pitt wins the rest of their games this season, you never know.

His odds just got a bit better after today’s game. If he keeps playing like he has and Pitt wins the rest of their games this season, you never know.
If he can go for 20 TDs/3 int and Pitt wins 6 of 7 he will have a shot. That would put him at what 39 tds/4 int with a 10-2 record. That likely still doesn't win it for him but I would think he would get to the ceremony for sure.

If he can go for 20 TDs/3 int and Pitt wins 6 of 7 he will have a shot. That would put him at what 39 tds/4 int with a 10-2 record. That likely still doesn't win it for him but I would think he would get to the ceremony for sure.
What's sad is that if KP kept up this pace through the ACC Championship Game, had 50 passing TDs and maybe 3 INTs, he STILL wouldn't win.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Pickett will have to keep up his current pace and Pitt will need to finish with 1, at most 2 losses to even get mentioned. However, there is no denying that he is one of the best players in college football this season.

If Kenny goes 20/3 the rest of the way, I think he'll have more than a shot. Plain and simply, I'm pretty sure he'd win the Heisman with those numbers and Pitt will win 6 or 7 the rest of the way. The problem with this scenario is actually going 20/3 the rest of the way.

Make no mistake, I've been extremely impressed with Kenny. He's played the quarterback position incredibly well this year. And I wasn't overly impressed with him previously. But it would be incredibly difficult for him to go 20/3 in our next 7 games. Quite frankly, even something like 14/6 the rest of the way would be great.

But here's hoping.

If Kenny goes 20/3 the rest of the way, I think he'll have more than a shot. Plain and simply, I'm pretty sure he'd win the Heisman with those numbers and Pitt will win 6 or 7 the rest of the way. The problem with this scenario is actually going 20/3 the rest of the way.

Make no mistake, I've been extremely impressed with Kenny. He's played the quarterback position incredibly well this year. And I wasn't overly impressed with him previously. But it would be incredibly difficult for him to go 20/3 in our next 7 games. Quite frankly, even something like 14/6 the rest of the way would be great.

But here's hoping.
The problem with that is the much more well known Bryce Young is already at 17/2, with 3 wins over teams that were in the top 15 at the time. If he plays even moderately well the rest of the season and they beat Georgia it’s pretty much a moot point that Young wins going away.

A little different in Vegas, as I think he was part of the field everywhere I saw.

The problem with that is the much more well known Bryce Young is already at 17/2, with 3 wins over teams that were in the top 15 at the time. If he plays even moderately well the rest of the season and they beat Georgia it’s pretty much a moot point that Young wins going away.
KP is a dual threat though. Not earth shattering but 160 yds with a 10+ yard run in every game and 2 tds vs young who is at -19 yards. If he can get 300 with 6-8 tds it would boost his case.

KP is a dual threat though. Not earth shattering but 160 yds with a 10+ yard run in every game and 2 tds vs young who is at -19 yards. If he can get 300 with 6-8 tds it would boost his case.
I did find a few places in Vegas that have Pickett listed singularly and not as part of the field, Will Hill notably has him at 50-1.

Multiple places have Bryce Young as low as even money, which is ridiculous with so much of the season left to play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT