ADVERTISEMENT

Help identifying the season.

Mikefln

Junior
Oct 15, 2015
I do not remember the year, as I was young, guessing 5yo (1985) or 6yo (1986) that Pitt gave free replica jerseys upon entry for home games. I am not sure if they were just for fans under a certain age or all fans. I do not remember who Pitt played to look back to see what season it was.

Do any of you remember this promotion?

Do any of you still have their jerseys?

Do you remember the players? I know Dorsett and Marino for sure. I want to say Ditka, Fralic, and Greene too.

Was this just for kids, or all fans?

I wonder how much it costed and how doable this is again.

I think I remember the jersey you're talking about. 1980 or 81 best I can recall.
It has to be latter than that as I know for 100% certain that 1) Marino Jersey was one of them so it would have to be 1983 at the earliest, and B) I have faint memories of going to the games so no way it was before 1984 when I was 4.

I don't think they were exact replicas and of course they had advertising but I remember getting these as we walked into the stadium. I want to say they were for all kids under the age of 14 or something? I wore them until the print washed off of them.

Reactions: Mikefln
It has to be latter than that as I know for 100% certain that 1) Marino Jersey was one of them so it would have to be 1983 at the earliest, and B) I have faint memories of going to the games so no way it was before 1984 when I was 4.
I do believe but not entirely certain it was 1986 that Pitt gave away replica kids jerseys sponsored by wtae radio. I was in 7th grade and they were way too small in size. H2P!

i think they did it in either 1985 or 86. pitt mesh football jerseys to kids. i dont remember the number though..

I recall having four of them, and they were sponsored by Daily’s Juice. It was 1986 but they might have carried it into the 87 season also. The jerseys were Marino, Dorsett, Fralic, and Green.

Reactions: Mikefln
I recall having four of them, and they were sponsored by Daily’s Juice. It was 1986 but they might have carried it into the 87 season also. The jerseys were Marino, Dorsett, Fralic, and Green.
Thank you. I knew I wasn't going crazy. It would be cool if they did that again. I wonder how expensive that would be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT