ADVERTISEMENT

Here We Go....New Volleyball Recruit On The Way

It’s Logan Mosley L / DS transfer from Va Tech

Mosley will come in as a graduate student transfer from Virginia Tech and we clearly need L/DS help. As a junior her stats were really impressive. Then as a senior VT brought in a graduate student transfer and apparently they shared the L/DS position and her stats dropped off.

I'm disappointed we didn't get All American L/DS Kylie Murr from Ohio State.....but so be it. No way I'll second guess Fisher and his staff on who they sign.

Now it's on to see what this staff will do about middle blocker and opposite hitter help. I think they still bring in 2 more transfers.

Fisher isn’t going to get everyone he wants. No coach is. Some transfers know where they want to go before they enter the portal. That transfer OH from Florida was in the portal all of 4 hours before announcing her commitment to Nebraska. Murr took 2 hours to announce her transfer to Minnesota.

Fisher isn’t going to get everyone he wants. No coach is. Some transfers know where they want to go before they enter the portal. That transfer OH from Florida was in the portal all of 4 hours before announcing her commitment to Nebraska. Murr took 2 hours to announce her transfer to Minnesota.
Mike...you're absolutely right about some of the big names in the portal knowing where they want to go......and perhaps the lesser names as well. The Florida OH was Merritt Beason and she is a good example. Nebraska didn't scoop her up by outcompeting everyone else. The arrangement....so to speak....was in the bag ahead of time. I listened to an interview she did after announcing Nebraska and she basically said I wanted to be at Nebraska.

But you're incorrect about Kylie Murr from Ohio State. She entered the portal around December 13th and just announced yesterday. She was the big name at L/DS. Maybe Pitt courted her and it just didn't work out. I was amazed that as an All American she was in the portal that long.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Mike...you're absolutely right about some of the big names in the portal knowing where they want to go......and perhaps the lesser names as well. The Florida OH was Merritt Beason and she is a good example. Nebraska didn't scoop her up by outcompeting everyone else. The arrangement....so to speak....was in the bag ahead of time. I listened to an interview she did after announcing Nebraska and she basically said I wanted to be at Nebraska.

But you're incorrect about Kylie Murr from Ohio State. She entered the portal around December 13th and just announced yesterday. She was the big name at L/DS. Maybe Pitt courted her and it just didn't work out. I was amazed that as an All American she was in the portal that long.
Very recent article from the Pitt News on the volleyball squad. It does a pretty decent job of stating the obvious going into the 2023 season.

Interesting that Paige Morningstar is still out there unsigned. Maybe she was overrated as a prospect out of high school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT