ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Chria

GreatBear71

Scholarship
May 9, 2005
Part of being in a Power Conferece is have a football schedule planned out well in advance. I read Future Football Schedules daily, and Pitt is only fully scheduled up to the end of 2022. Why can't we be further ahead in the process? This program wants top respect, but this is one example of being half assed.

Getting schedule information out of Pitt is difficult no matter who the AD is or has been but you are right. We have four ooc games yearly to schedule and for the rest of the decade we have many openings. I remember in December after the 2019 season Heather stated that she has several opponents lined up with announcements coming up soon. For the rest of the decade we have as many or more weeks to fill than any other conference team and most around the country. There was some speculation recently by U Conn s Randy Edsall that a future series with Pitt was close but no announcements. I really think she is having trouble with buy games since we cant offer nearly as much as many power five that have larger fan bases. Foe example Pitt recently signed a home and home series with Western Michigan.Scheduling of ooc games is very important . Like everybody else we need three home games and some sure wins and one brand name team. If Alabama can schedule Mercer we can certainly schedule New Hampshire. The 3-1 model is perfect especially like this year when Clemson is the cross over opponent. With Tennessees turover of talent and staff we could easily run the table in ooc games and a doable 5-3 league would give us 9-3 , a ranking a better bowl and better recruiting.

Part of being in a Power Conferece is have a football schedule planned out well in advance. I read Future Football Schedules daily, and Pitt is only fully scheduled up to the end of 2022. Why can't we be further ahead in the process? This program wants top respect, but this is one example of being half assed.
Are any tickets for sale for '23 and beyond?

Gotta have something extra for fans to bitch about.

Getting schedule information out of Pitt is difficult no matter who the AD is or has been but you are right. We have four ooc games yearly to schedule and for the rest of the decade we have many openings. I remember in December after the 2019 season Heather stated that she has several opponents lined up with announcements coming up soon. For the rest of the decade we have as many or more weeks to fill than any other conference team and most around the country. There was some speculation recently by U Conn s Randy Edsall that a future series with Pitt was close but no announcements. I really think she is having trouble with buy games since we cant offer nearly as much as many power five that have larger fan bases. Foe example Pitt recently signed a home and home series with Western Michigan.Scheduling of ooc games is very important . Like everybody else we need three home games and some sure wins and one brand name team. If Alabama can schedule Mercer we can certainly schedule New Hampshire. The 3-1 model is perfect especially like this year when Clemson is the cross over opponent. With Tennessees turover of talent and staff we could easily run the table in ooc games and a doable 5-3 league would give us 9-3 , a ranking a better bowl and better recruiting.

Yeah I have been awaiting news for a home and home with UConn. You are right about the buy games and our inability to compete with the larger fan bases. But what is upsetting that some fans don't realize is you have to plan around Notre Dame. If you want the 3/1 model, without proper planning, we have WVU with ND in 23 and 25. Also, our 1st 2 games next year are WVU and Tennessee. In 23, one of our other conference games is scheduled, with Cincinnati. Strong Group of 5 team to play with WVU and ND. By the way, in 26 WVU signed up its 3 non conference games, and Pitt is not one of them, so the Brawl will be 4 yrs like the PSU series was.

Hey, did you read what pocono panther wrote, THIS IS IMPORTANT. Fans should not belittle other fans. Chris, you NEED to discipline this guy.
It seems less important to many than you think it is.

Well, then Pitt will be 7-5, 8-4. 0r 6-6, or 5-7. You have to analyze why this program has not been great for a long time, is scheduling and recruiting. So people need to accept mediocrity if you do not care. DO NOT COMPLAIN

Just really weird. I mean, really weird the obsession with schedule with this cat. Like I said, some sort of savant or OC issue. I can't tell you what I am doing on Thursday, I could care less what football game is scheduled when in 2026.

A home and home with YouCon? Good heavens!

A home and home with YouCon? Good heavens!
You have to realize Pitt is not up with the big Power 5 schools to pay 1.3 million dollars. So you have to do a home and home. What is wrong with 6 home and 6 away when you cannot sell out? 7 and 5 under these economic rules will not work. The going rate for an FCS? 500,000. NEBRASKA just paid that to Fordham the other day to finish their schedule. We can do that, take two lower 1-A HOME AND HOME, and 1 POWER 5. Reality is reality.

My son did not go to Pitt for football. He and his wife went to PITT for pharmacy. They have two daughters and a wonderful life, Cannnot worry about people with their own issues. We have a good family. All 3 kids have done well. Wife retires next year. I have been retired almost 11 years.

You have to realize Pitt is not up with the big Power 5 schools to pay 1.3 million dollars. So you have to do a home and home. What is wrong with 6 home and 6 away when you cannot sell out? 7 and 5 under these economic rules will not work. The going rate for an FCS? 500,000. NEBRASKA just paid that to Fordham the other day to finish their schedule. We can do that, take two lower 1-A HOME AND HOME, and 1 POWER 5. Reality is reality.
Because if the conference decides to add another conference game, the buyout to drop a team from the schedule would absolutely suck?

I don't know guys, I have six yards of mulch scheduled to arrive on September 23, 2023, and I need to know if we are going to have a game against Norfolk State that day.

If I knock up my wife now, that kid will likely be starting soccer practice in fall of 2027. It would be nice to plan ahead for those before I sleep with my wife tonight,

Reactions: pittdan77
Yeah I have been awaiting news for a home and home with UConn. You are right about the buy games and our inability to compete with the larger fan bases. But what is upsetting that some fans don't realize is you have to plan around Notre Dame. If you want the 3/1 model, without proper planning, we have WVU with ND in 23 and 25. Also, our 1st 2 games next year are WVU and Tennessee. In 23, one of our other conference games is scheduled, with Cincinnati. Strong Group of 5 team to play with WVU and ND. By the way, in 26 WVU signed up its 3 non conference games, and Pitt is not one of them, so the Brawl will be 4 yrs like the PSU series was.
GB 71 keep posting any schedule info you come up with and I will as well. These fans critizing your post will only complain after a loss to an out of conference team like they did to for the idiot that scheduled Okie State and PSU on back to back weekends before conference schedules even started. 3-1 model is desired every year .This years model is what most power five schools schedule. I would rather see a group five scheduled than two teams like UMass and UN Hampshire as is the case this years. The 23 schedule is over ambitious with ND, WVu and CincinnatI but was made before Heather I believe. Hey it’s better than reading about The Gates divorce.

Reactions: WeaverIsComing
If I knock up my wife now, that kid will likely be starting soccer practice in fall of 2027. It would be nice to plan ahead for those before I sleep with my wife tonight,
That reminds me of the guy who got out of a speeding ticket by telling the cop, “My wife’s going to get pregnant tonight, and I want to be there when she does.”

My son did not go to Pitt for football. He and his wife went to PITT for pharmacy. They have two daughters and a wonderful life, Cannnot worry about people with their own issues. We have a good family. All 3 kids have done well. Wife retires next year. I have been retired almost 11 years.

GB 71 keep posting any schedule info you come up with and I will as well. These fans critizing your post will only complain after a loss to an out of conference team like they did to for the idiot that scheduled Okie State and PSU on back to back weekends before conference schedules even started. 3-1 model is desired every year .This years model is what most power five schools schedule. I would rather see a group five scheduled than two teams like UMass and UN Hampshire as is the case this years. The 23 schedule is over ambitious with ND, WVu and CincinnatI but was made before Heather I believe. Hey it’s better than reading about The Gates divorce.
Thanks. I will.

Our schedule is primarily the ACC so hopefully the ACC keeps getting better. I don't really care to make the out of conference a juggernaut.

The 2023 schedule will have an additional home opponent that is a cream puff. Now you can take a deep breath and relax.

Who the heck is Chria ? 🙄
Chria Pet.

apicnkofx__53789.1617720315.jpg

Reactions: HOF Coach
Gotta have something extra for fans to bitch about.
LOL--my thought exactly when I read that post. I think Pitt football has bigger issues than unsettled advanced scheduling. That's really reaching deep to bitch about something. Jesus H Christ.

Well, then Pitt will be 7-5, 8-4. 0r 6-6, or 5-7. You have to analyze why this program has not been great for a long time, is scheduling and recruiting. So people need to accept mediocrity if you do not care. DO NOT COMPLAIN
I'm sure the program will gain instant credibility by improving its record with those wins over 3 FCS patsies and the same embarrassing losses to the good P5 teams on the schedule. That will fix this thing for sure.

A possible added bonus to your plan would be the excitement the 4000 fans at one of those cupcake games would get to experience if it goes down to the wire like the Delaware game did a couple of years ago.

This tired old narrative that unfavorable scheduling is the only thing standing between Pitt and college football excellence is laughable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT