ADVERTISEMENT

How do you hire a coach in this day and age?

Duneaux Harm

Sophomore
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2020
The money is getting ridiculous. The firings happen so often. The time to get a coach is so short. Information is leaked so quickly. How do you hire a guy and know he will be a good coach, a good recruiter, a guy who can command the kids….and a winner?

Perhaps our trajectory would have been different had we hired someone other than Stallings. I never will forget seeing the leaked info that he was going to be the guy. It was so disheartening.

But fast forward, you take a guy from the Coach K tree and you absolutely think he can sell kids on this being an up and coming program that is wanting to be like Duke. I thought he did a nice job getting the kids he did the first year but after that things simply changed like I have never seen before.

But if you are Heather, what do you do? You know you have to pay Duzz big bucks because the cash being laid out by MSU and PiSU. That will effect what you can do.

But how can you be sure you will get a guy that can win, regardless of their pedigree.

When Arizona took Tommy Lloyd, I figured that it was who they could get based on the destruction left behind by Sean. His experience is as a 20 year assistant with the Zags, so he had NO head coaching experience. He really has turned the program around and has these kids believing they are great. WOuld not shock me if they battle UCLA for the Conference this year.

But man, that is catching lightning in a bottle.

I don’t know what Heather can legitimately do at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.