ADVERTISEMENT

How I see our league record so far

gary2

Athletic Director
Jul 21, 2001
4 good wins (UVA/UNC traditional powers at home - NC St/Syr middle of the pack teams away)

No bad losses (Undefeated Clemson by 1 at home - Traditional power Duke away)

We have to avoid bad losses (Might only be able to afford 1 or 2)

Big game Saturday - We need it

If we are nor going to play John or Dior, we definitely need to play Jorge more. Need to keep Fede and particularly Hinson out of foul trouble. We need Hinson on the floor and scoring.

i still think we get 10-11 league wins, but offense needs to stay out of foul trouble and resume moving the ball to do that.

H2P

4 good wins (UVA/UNC traditional powers at home - NC St/Syr middle of the pack teams away)

If we are nor going to play John or Dior, we definitely need to play Jorge more. Need to keep Fede and particularly Hinson out of foul trouble. We need Hinson on the floor and scoring.

i still think we get 10-11 league wins, but offense needs to stay out of foul trouble and resume moving the ball to do that.

H2P

People are down on this team now but we lost 2 games, 1 on the road to 2 NCAAT teams. In all but Mich/WVU, we had late 2nd Half leads and should have won. This team is good enough. They just need to finish.

Any loss is a bad loss. Honestly they gave up leads in both of the losses. Apparently they didn’t learn from the first loss to prevent a repeat in the second.

H2P
The teams we have played have a 24-12 record in the conference. If you take the fact that those teams were 2-4 against us, those teams are really 22-8 against the rest of the league and that is the hardest schedule in conference so far.

As long as we continue to play as we are, we should start to win since the record of teams we play the rest of the year is 33-51.

Any loss is a bad loss. Honestly they gave up leads in both of the losses. Apparently they didn’t learn from the first loss to prevent a repeat in the second.

And they came back from 9 down vs UVa and UNC. Sometimes the other team makes plays. Yes, we should have beaten Duke and Clemson but unless you are an elite team, you are going to lose some games like this. For this team, they absolutely cannot afford to lose to the GT's, Wake's, etc or minimize those losses. We need to go 9-5 the rest of the way

I break it down like this:

Next 4 games (non-NIT teams except maybe Wake)
3-1

Next 2 after that (Miami, UNC)
1-1

Next 6 after that (schedule weakens Lou, @ FSU, BC, @ VT, GT, Syr)
4-2

March games (@ ND, @Miami)
1-1

This is very doable but no margin for error.

Reactions: PittInMissouri
Part of what worries me is that other teams outside of the tough ones Pitt just played + Miami can improve as the season progresses, also they may have more depth/players returning from injury. This goes without saying too but if any one of our players who gets significant minutes happens to get injured, then we’re really in trouble and the lack of Hugley/Jeffress/Dior will be even more heavily felt.

10-12 win range is the feeling I have for this team, and unfortunately pairing the perception of the ACC with the mediocre results from the OOC slate, I doubt that gets us any higher than NIT, depending on conference tournament performance too of course.

Reactions: gary2

H2P
IFFF we stay connected on defense and shoot the ball well we'll be OK. Like I've said before, the ACC is down this year. Perfect storm for Pitt.

Yeah there isn’t such a thing as a “good loss”. Our guards are 24. Not like we’re building something here, this is the year

Yeah there isn’t such a thing as a “good loss”. Our guards are 24. Not like we’re building something here, this is the year

We return Hinson, Fede, hopefully a much improved Jeffress, and hopefully Dior doesn't skip town. That is a solid nucleus plus the FR and twins for bench help and Capel has much more to sell in the portal now as he's done a very good job in that category. We might be good next year.

Reactions: gary2
We return Hinson, Fede, hopefully a much improved Jeffress, and hopefully Dior doesn't skip town. That is a solid nucleus plus the FR and twins for bench help and Capel has much more to sell in the portal now as he's done a very good job in that category. We might be good next year.
Agree. AND...a winning season this year is a very positive first step in building any kind of future.

Reactions: Pittisit4me
ADVERTISEMENT