ADVERTISEMENT

How they voted (AP)

It’s annoying but I can understand the reluctance to vote Pitt higher before any games have been played and with the brand new QB and OC. Those are very big variables.

Now, if we do our diligence and defeat WVU convincingly, yet barely move up or even not move at all, that’s when we have the right to be pissed about it.

It’s annoying but I can understand the reluctance to vote Pitt higher before any games have been played and with the brand new QB and OC. Those are very big variables.

Now, if we do our diligence and defeat WVU convincingly, yet barely move up or even not move at all, that’s when we have the right to be pissed about it.

unless there is some major upsets in week one, who would they pass up and why?

Have at it.

the only local voter we have is McGonigal and he now covers the Nitters. He has us #14 which is more than fair.

state college has another writer voting and he had us #23.

Although I’m a big fan of the new beat writer, I was sad to see McGonigal leave. I thought he did a respectable job covering the team and did a good job providing detailed analysis. I think his he has a bigger future outside the Commonwealth.

I don't really have any problem with Pitt's ranking and/or where individual voters had us and/or being left off some ballots. There are very fair questions about Pitt regarding the QB, offense, heck even the defense got torched at times last year, and our recent track record would suggest 10+ wins last year could be an anomaly. We'll get the chance to make our mark and can't wait to see what happens!

I did have some small beef with the votes PSU got however. 11-11 last two seasons and some voters had them in the Top 10 and others Top 20. Granted not enough to get them ranked, but clearly some people just voting the brand name.

I did have some small beef with the votes PSU got however. 11-11 last two seasons and some voters had them in the Top 10 and others Top 20. Granted not enough to get them ranked, but clearly some people just voting the brand name.

I see where you’re coming from, but I don’t think it’s about the brand as much as it’s about the circumstances of last years team.

Most of those who are ranking PSU are doing so because they believe that key injuries are what derailed this team. I mean, you don’t just start off 5-0 and then forget how to play football. We had significant injuries at QB, OL, DT, and DE, among others.

All of those injured starters are back this year. Combine that with the talent we have at skill positions, and you can see why PSU is getting a little bit of love here and there.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
I see where you’re coming from, but I don’t think it’s about the brand as much as it’s about the circumstances of last years team.

Most of those who are ranking PSU are doing so because they believe that key injuries are what derailed this team. I mean, you don’t just start off 5-0 and then forget how to play football. We had significant injuries at QB, OL, DT, and DE, among others.

All of those injured starters are back this year. Combine that with the talent we have at skill positions, and you can see why PSU is getting a little bit of love here and there.
We shall see 11-11

Can’t wait! Looking forward to you crying about all of the positive publicity we’re getting, how it’s not “fair,” and how we shouldn’t even be playing football!

Every season. Rinse and repeat. The life of a Pitt football fan 😭
Why are you here sh*t posting? As of right now Pitt is at least the equal of PSU football....giving you the benefit of the doubt. James from State College can recruit, but can't coach or do much with the talent.

This is where you boast about your attendance......

ADVERTISEMENT