How will Joe shut down the virus

PittPanther44

Senior
Apr 16, 2005
I know this might be a rhetorical question....

But Honestly, I think he has the ability to communicate common sense instead of just playing to (and validating) his bases’ emotions.

I think he’ll keep the message more consistent and trust the experts as opposed to making them the opposition.

When people understand risk stratification as opposed to constant chatter about extremes, we can do both

I went to two breweries in the past week - drank outside. I worked all week from home, but dropped my girl off at work each day (in a socially distant, masked office).

Today we are doing a big shopping, cooking in quantity, and taking it to some family members. So my visits to my elderly Dad might be briefer, distant, and through a mask, but it’s a visit

My point is all of the above points to an open economy, but low (albeit non-zero) risk. By mitigating competitive chatter and focusing on how we do it, I think we can do both

pittbb80

Athletic Director
Oct 9, 2004
I know this might be a rhetorical question....

But Honestly, I think he has the ability to communicate common sense instead of just playing to (and validating) his bases’ emotions.

I think he’ll keep the message more consistent and trust the experts as opposed to making them the opposition.

When people understand risk stratification as opposed to constant chatter about extremes, we can do both

I went to two breweries in the past week - drank outside. I worked all week from home, but dropped my girl off at work each day (in a socially distant, masked office).

Today we are doing a big shopping, cooking in quantity, and taking it to some family members. So my visits to my elderly Dad might be briefer, distant, and through a mask, but it’s a visit

My point is all of the above points to an open economy, but low (albeit non-zero) risk. By mitigating competitive chatter and focusing on how we do it, I think we can do both
That was your personal choice as it should be. Tell that to many small businesses and restaurants that are going out of business. You can’t kill the virus without destroying significant segments of the economy

Reactions: ONGB

NCPitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2009

What experts?

All Biden does is blame Trump for all the deaths. If that is to be his focus, then the economy will fail, especially if he gets his tax increases, too.

Trump is listening to his virus experts but also his economic experts. He brought Atlas in to be a spokesperson with a virus/economy balance.

So which side is Biden going to listen to?

Reactions: superstein61a

PittPanther44

Senior
Apr 16, 2005
What experts?

All Biden does is blame Trump for all the deaths. If that is to be his focus, then the economy will fail, especially if he gets his tax increases, too.

Trump is listening to his virus experts but also his economic experts. He brought Atlas in to be a spokesperson with a virus/economy balance.

So which side is Biden going to listen to?
I think that’s a false dichotomy. You can do both IF people take that responsibility in to their personal lives as well. But you need a uniform message and someone that “gets” that nuance at the top.

And Atlas is a joke. This isn’t a guy that gets that balance - it’s a guy brought in to push fringe theories as an offset to reality. All that does is give ppl a false sense of short term security, and make things worse

NCPitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2009
I think that’s a false dichotomy. You can do both IF people take that responsibility in to their personal lives as well. But you need a uniform message and someone that “gets” that nuance at the top.

And Atlas is a joke. This isn’t a guy that gets that balance - it’s a guy brought in to push fringe theories as an offset to reality. All that does is give ppl a false sense of short term security, and make things worse
You didn't answer my question. What experts will Biden follow? You said he would follow the experts.

Do you consider the "top" to include governors? When they overreact and lockdown everything, shouldn't you expect the president to counter them in some way?

I admit that I don't watch any of the stuff from the WH anymore, but I do occasional see clips of Atlas. I don't see fringe theories discussed. Can you give some examples? Even if he isn't the right face to put forward, the virus experts also were not. They were too one-sided. Somebody needed to fill the Atlas role.

pittbb80

Athletic Director
Oct 9, 2004
Atlas’ views are shared by the top epidemiologists world wide The Who has come out and essentially agreed with the view atlas has taken months ago. He’s one of the few that is actually proposing policy based on actual data analysis

Latest posts