ADVERTISEMENT

How?

Louisville adding a NBA prospect in the middle of January of a 2 win campaign

We’re lacking depth and redshirting Dior Johnson.

See the difference in the two programs? Which one does W&L mean more?

In the history of me watching college basketball, I have never seen a program enroll a new player this late in a season. I have seen some kids graduate in December and then enroll. How can you even enroll a kid this late? There semester would have started a few weeks ago. And how the eff does a top African prospect choose to play for a historically bad team mid-year? This is doesn't smell right.

There semester would have started a few weeks ago.

I didn't look, but there are lots of schools that don't start their spring semester until much later than a few weeks ago. When my daughter was in college they actually had a "winter session" kind of thing in January that allowed kids to do things like take a one month class or study abroad for a month (my daughter did that twice, or was it three times? I'll have to ask my wallet), and the "full" semester didn't start until the beginning of February.

I didn't look, but there are lots of schools that don't start their spring semester until much later than a few weeks ago. When my daughter was in college they actually had a "winter session" kind of thing in January that allowed kids to do things like take a one month class or study abroad for a month (my daughter did that twice, or was it three times? I'll have to ask my wallet), and the "full" semester didn't start until the beginning of February.

Ok, lets say that's true at Louisville and school started last week. How do you even go about bringing in a kid straight out of Africa 2/3 of the way through the season? Of all teams to play for, how does he go about choosing literally one of the worst, maybe THE worst P6 team of all time? Were there any other teams for him to consider joining with 10 games left in the season. Why Louisville? Why now? It is honestly the most bizarre thing I've ever seen in recruiting. This has literally never happened before.

I would have played Dior all year, if a guy isn't in a jail cell, I don't voluntarily hurt my team. But basically, I'm like Tarkanian or something like that, F perception.

I did notice that NBA Africa League on NBA TV, isn't that a pro league? I thought it was?

And it kind of irritates me that they broadcast that and not Euroleague, I actually like that league and have a favorite team.

ADVERTISEMENT