ADVERTISEMENT

How's youth sports going this summer?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
So far in our league, we have 3 teams quarantined for 2 weeks due to positive tests. Im not sure youth sports will last another week or 2 with the rise in cases. Anyway, I see these quarantined youth teams as what we can expect for the pro/college seasons.

So far in our league, we have 3 teams quarantined for 2 weeks due to positive tests. Im not sure youth sports will last another week or 2 with the rise in cases. Anyway, I see these quarantined youth teams as what we can expect for the pro/college seasons.
Where do you live?

Not sure what youth age group you’re referring to but my grandson’s pre-little league bb is going strong in Ohio. Games have been going on full force, fields are full and so are the parking lots, hard to find a parking space.

My grandson plays 8 under (baseball) in Uniontown and this will be their third week of playing.No problems so far but I'm sure there are people out there that don't like them playing.

My son is 7 years-old and his league was just suspended until further notice.

My daughter's 18U softball team is doing fine too. We have had tournaments 4 weekends in a row with no issues. We were in Williamsport, Chambersburg, Newtown and Cranberry.

The Johnstown Collegiate Baseball League is in full swing. Five teams of kids 17-21 some of whom live in Westmoreland and Allegheny counties. No word on any player, coach or umpire testing positive. It’s about twelve games into its season.

Golden gloves were cancelled. Boxing gym owners are really hurting.

Also, the arts are just getting crushed. Ballet dancers, especially as they have a very limited and not lucrative career window. With what we are learning about outdoor vs I door spreading, I wish we would use Hartwood, etc. for performances. With masks and distancing the risk of spreading would be quite low.

Why would you be playing? You know the risks, yet you will satisfy your desires while risking the lives of others.

On the other end of the spectrum I'm playing in my first senior softball tournament since mid March this Wednesday and Thursday in Md.We've had our last 7 tournaments canceled and my team is glad to be finally get on the field.My team voted in April to play anywhere that a tournament was being played and this is the first one east of the Mississippi.

Reactions: USN_Panther
On the other end of the spectrum I'm playing in my first senior softball tournament since mid March this Wednesday and Thursday in Md.We've had our last 7 tournaments canceled and my team is glad to be finally get on the field.My team voted in April to play anywhere that a tournament was being played and this is the first one east of the Mississippi.
My 30-something son started up in his adult ice hockey league a couple weeks ago also. Been playing 2 or 3 games a week. I’ve ‘playfully’ been giving him some grief about it.

Reactions: USN_Panther
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT