ADVERTISEMENT

Hugley and Davis..

Mar 27, 2018
Hi everyone, just had to come share my excitement about these 2 possibly coming to play ball at Pitt...I would be absolutely ECSTATIC with just 1... but both...man would that feel good..Davis would be a player with a skill set we haven’t had in a very, very long time...let’s hope UNC doesn’t decide they really want him...here’s to some good news within the next few weeks #H2P

Hi everyone, just had to come share my excitement about these 2 possibly coming to play ball at Pitt...I would be absolutely ECSTATIC with just 1... but both...man would that feel good..Davis would be a player with a skill set we haven’t had in a very, very long time...let’s hope UNC doesn’t decide they really want him...here’s to some good news within the next few weeks #H2P
I really don't know if Davis will want to back up Cole Anthony. He can still come to an ACC school and start day one. For Hugley, it's between us and NC State, but they have recruiting violations so it'll be interesting. I wonder if we could somehow get both Hugley and Omoruyi?

Reactions: CapelsCranberryz
It’s been a great weekend at Pitt. I wonder when the visits end. There’s something big going on up in Victory Heights, most of which is the volleyball match at 1pm vs PSU. That could be fun too!

H2P!

Capel is probably one of the most qualified to recruit against UNC.
I really don't know if Davis will want to back up Cole Anthony. He can still come to an ACC school and start day one. For Hugley, it's between us and NC State, but they have recruiting violations so it'll be interesting. I wonder if we could somehow get both Hugley and Omoruyi?
He won't be backing up Cole Anthony.
Cole will be in the NBA.

We may still have a real good chance at Davis because NC is still in on a higher rated PG and I don't think he wants to back him up. Hugley I think he really likes Pitt why else do you come back on a UNOV a week after NC ST and a week before your OV and hangout with in his words my man McGowns.

And at UNC, the guy you are backing up next season, might be their next one and done type talent that comes in

Reactions: DORT
UNC just picked up an 18 foot center. We need to get some of these guys to commit early...like now would be nice!
Who they stole from Duke. Coach K put everything into the recruitment of the kid, and Roy came in late, got the kid on campus and closed him out of nowhere. So as stated above, Capel may know how to recruit vs UNC...I’m not sure it matters much as Capel’s mentor has a hard enough time.

PSN seems to think Pitt got a silent commit now, if it’s valid hard not to think it’s one of these 2

UNC just picked up an 18 foot center. We need to get some of these guys to commit early...like now would be nice!

Yeah! It is the guaranteed national championship. He stands at the foul line, reaches in and dunks it on every possession except when you turned it over getting the ball up court. He also blocks about 90 % of all your opponents field goal attempts.

Caleb Love announcing soon either UNC or Missouri -- 8 CB's say UNC -- Missouri is the hometown school. If he goes to UNC almost certainly rules them out for RJ. Hoping Love picks UNC before RJ's visit and he cancels and picks sooner rather than later. Saw we are out on Curbelo's final 5 as well.

Guessing Shakeel Moore is our Plan B if we don't get RJ.

Who they stole from Duke. Coach K put everything into the recruitment of the kid, and Roy came in late, got the kid on campus and closed him out of nowhere. So as stated above, Capel may know how to recruit vs UNC...I’m not sure it matters much as Capel’s mentor has a hard enough time.

It isn't just knowing how to recruit against UNC. Capel's mentor couldn't beat Calipari for recruits to save his life until Capel arrived. Obviously, it's easier for Capel to sell Duke than Pitt, but it's also harder to sell Duke without Capel.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
He’s still going with this silent verbal stuff? He’s a chooch.
Yeah that’s annoying.

That said, when I saw the social media posts last night from Hugley and davis in their pitt uniforms, and on the same night...my first reaction was that they are both silent verbals. Not sure why they would want to be, but that’s what popped into my mind.

Yeah that’s annoying.

That said, when I saw the social media posts last night from Hugley and davis in their pitt uniforms, and on the same night...my first reaction was that they are both silent verbals. Not sure why they would want to be, but that’s what popped into my mind.

Certainly could be, who knows.

It’s one thing for us to guess/speculate/hope on a message board. It’s quite another for an outlet that wants to be taken seriously.

Stating the obvious (to most anyway) but with many spots to fill he can state that. And once anyone commits he can say that’s who he was talking about. It’s pure silliness at a minimum. Not to mention his track record with cryptic nonsense isn’t good to begin with. A few years ago he tweeted some garbage that something was about to come out about a football player. Nothing ever happened.

He may know some things but he dings his own credibility quite a bit.

It isn't just knowing how to recruit against UNC. Capel's mentor couldn't beat Calipari for recruits to save his life until Capel arrived. Obviously, it's easier for Capel to sell Duke than Pitt, but it's also harder to sell Duke without Capel.
I couldn’t disagree with this more. 09 and 010 capel was at Oklahoma. 2011,2012 Kentucky still beat out Duke for better classes. Let’s use 2013 as the basis. That year Kentucky brought in 5 top 10 guys. Next year they get Anthony Davis. Next year is when the tides really started to turn. Why? Because K was coaching the Men’s national team and used this considerable advantage to be able to go to the junior team practices and meet with their players while skirting the ncaa rules. That’s what made Duke cool again. Capel is a very good recruiter. But K is K. And that’s why and how the tides turned for Duke to beat Kentucky regularly. And they still have without capel.

Reactions: Ski11585
I couldn’t disagree with this more. 09 and 010 capel was at Oklahoma. 2011,2012 Kentucky still beat out Duke for better classes. Let’s use 2013 as the basis. That year Kentucky brought in 5 top 10 guys. Next year they get Anthony Davis. Next year is when the tides really started to turn. Why? Because K was coaching the Men’s national team and used this considerable advantage to be able to go to the junior team practices and meet with their players while skirting the ncaa rules. That’s what made Duke cool again. Capel is a very good recruiter. But K is K. And that’s why and how the tides turned for Duke to beat Kentucky regularly. And they still have without capel.
None of this is said to discourage Capel. He’s a great recruiter. But if we start to win and turn this ship around no one is gonna say it’s because Timmy O Toole fell down a well and found a bunch of recruits. It’s the head coach

None of this is said to discourage Capel. He’s a great recruiter. But if we start to win and turn this ship around no one is gonna say it’s because Timmy O Toole fell down a well and found a bunch of recruits. It’s the head coach

That's a terrible analogy. Of course nobody would make that argument about Tim O'Toole, a subpar recruiter who's primarily known for working well with bigs. Duke doesn't get Zion without Capel. Duke doesn't get a lot of guys from 2015 on without Capel. That he's no longer there doesn't negate the transformative effect that he had on the program, nor does it invalidate that he was one of its primary authors. You're obviously not disparaging him, but you're also not giving him proper credit.

Reactions: BOBURSO
That's a terrible analogy. Of course nobody would make that argument about Tim O'Toole, a subpar recruiter who's primarily known for working well with bigs. Duke doesn't get Zion without Capel. Duke doesn't get a lot of guys from 2015 on without Capel. That he's no longer there doesn't negate the transformative effect that he had on the program, nor does it invalidate that he was one of its primary authors. You're obviously not disparaging him, but you're also not giving him proper credit.
I’m not giving him the proper credit because the 3 stars of the 2015 team that won it all said they formed bonds thru USA team practices when they were meeting with K individually and together. It’s the head coach. It’s not a terrible analogy at all. Do you think Orlando Antigua who had us in a lot of doors all of sudden figured out how to recruit when he got with Calipari?

I said multiple times in the post Capel is a great recruiter.

PS... there’s a reason Capel has distanced himself from the Zion recruitment...

Looks like Hugley starts his official visit tomorrow, if I’m correct this is his fourth visit to Pitt just this year. A commit at the end of the weekend would make this a hell of a week! Hail to Pitt!

Shakeel Moore is on a OV here tomorrow too. He could be a viable backup point guard especially if Johnson leaves. I like him he's explosive but that's only if we take 5.

The whole staff just took a picture with him two days ago and I didn't see him say he canceled

It would be a great day for Pitt if we get him and his teammate Josh Hall...
I tried explaining this in another thread regarding prep schools, but Josh Hall is gonna be an UPHILL battle.

We’re gonna get a top notch point guard because our point guard is about to be a 2 and done to the NBA. Same thinking goes for these prep schools. They’re able to recruit and elevate a Josh Hall to a school he wouldn’t be able to go to otherwise. His coaches will be pushing Louisville

Reactions: Drew1208
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT