ADVERTISEMENT

Humongous Sports Day H2P!

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
Pitt mens and womens soccer both play in a lions den today for the right to move on in the NCAA tourney.

Men are @ Akron at 1pm. Akron is a traditional national power and the winner moves on to the sweet 16

Women are @FSU at 5pm. FSU is a national power and the winner moves on to the Elite 8.

Both teams are playing in difficult stadiums to win, but both are capable.

Sandwiched in between is our mens hoops who are playing Alabama St at 2pm. Alabama St is one of the worst athletic programs in D1. We should win by 40.

All 3 I believe are on ESPN+.

Not to mention a snoozer of a World Cup match at 11AM, and NFL football throughout the day.

Pitt mens and womens soccer both play in a lions den today for the right to move on in the NCAA tourney.

Men are @ Akron at 1pm. Akron is a traditional national power and the winner moves on to the sweet 16

Women are @FSU at 5pm. FSU is a national power and the winner moves on to the Elite 8.

Both teams are playing in difficult stadiums to win, but both are capable.

Sandwiched in between is our mens hoops who are playing Alabama St at 2pm. Alabama St is one of the worst athletic programs in D1. We should win by 40.

All 3 I believe are on ESPN+.

Not to mention a snoozer of a World Cup match at 11AM, and NFL football throughout the day.
Plus yesterday pitt wrestling team beat Lehigh and the women’s bball team beat Duquesne

Reactions: ThePanthers
Plus yesterday pitt wrestling team beat Lehigh and the women’s bball team beat Duquesne
Are they live and on tv today? Might as well mention that thrilling football game too. Or the disappointing Vball and wrestling loss a couple days ago. :). I’m really disappointed that wrestling lost a match that should have been a win vs Maryland. And our Vball were just beaten by a team that was on top of their game and we couldn’t get going.

Are they live and on tv today? Might as well mention that thrilling football game too. Or the disappointing Vball and wrestling loss a couple days ago. :). I’m really disappointed that wrestling lost a match that should have been a win vs Maryland. And our Vball were just beaten by a team that was on top of their game and we couldn’t get going.

Yes I watched both on espn app. I believe the soccer games are on as well

The wrestling win against
Lehigh was something else.
They were ranked higher than
Pitt. The last three bouts
were against higher
ranked opponents. We won
them anyway. We had a
freshman heavyweight,
unranked, and wrestling
a ranked guy. Our guy
won it and looked VERY
good doing it.

I'm no expert on wrestling,
but Pitt looked great. Also
a large, enthusiastic crowd
in attendance at the Fitz.

The wrestling win against
Lehigh was something else.
They were ranked higher than
Pitt. The last three bouts
were against higher
ranked opponents. We won
them anyway. We had a
freshman heavyweight,
unranked, and wrestling
a ranked guy. Our guy
won it and looked VERY
good doing it.

I'm no expert on wrestling,
but Pitt looked great. Also
a large, enthusiastic crowd
in attendance at the Fitz.
That had to be great to see. Everyone must have thought that match was over. That’s what makes team wrestling so cool. You’re always trying to do the math in your head, knowing what bouts are left and who is wrestling who. And there must have been no hope for a team win, and yet they pulled it off.

Pens/Hawks tonight.
But but but…Elton John concert is on Disney+ at the same time! What to do…?? In all honesty I’m a bigger Pens fan than an Elton John fan. In fact, I’m not much of an Elton John fan at all, but I might choose the concert over a regular season game. Just seems like something I should see.

Trying to be objective here, did anyone see the penalty on the Akron keeper? I’ll take the 1-0 lead but I didn’t see anything there.

Reactions: joeydavid
Trying to be objective here, did anyone see the penalty on the Akron keeper? I’ll take the 1-0 lead but I didn’t see anything there.

I didn’t think it was a penalty either. And, I tend to see things through blue and gold colored glasses. I did think the second one was a clear penalty.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT