ADVERTISEMENT

I am guaranteeing a Pitt win on Thursday night

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
The boys will beat James Madison at 7PM at Ambrose Urbanic in the 1st Round of the NCAA Tournament. Perfect excuse to not go to the BC game.

Thank God it's soccer, JMU would crush Pitt in football :)
They just beat MSU in hoops. But I wouldn’t fear them in basketball. Boy have times changed.

Btw…I do have to chuckle at anyone who is more interested in the football game than the soccer game.

They just beat MSU in hoops. But I wouldn’t fear them in basketball. Boy have times changed.

Btw…I do have to chuckle at anyone who is more interested in the football game than the soccer game.
why? you have almost 50,000 posts on a football board...I figure it to be an average of 8 a day every single day for 16 years...I kinda chuckle at the thought of anyone having that kind of 'interest'...

Last edited:

I'll be at futbol, not football. The football program is a joke and the BC game means nothing. Incredibly, 15K people will still be there though. Pitt should send them all handwritten thank you nights for being part of Back to The Future II: Narduzzi Tanks the Program

why? you have almost 50,000 posts on a football board...I figure it to be an average of 8 a day every day for 16 years...
I love all things Pitt, except the losing. And BC isn’t interesting when we are having our worst season in any of our lifetimes. Going and watching an ncaa tourney game instead is much more interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: USN_Panther
I'll be at futbol, not football. The football program is a joke and the BC game means nothing. Incredibly, 15K people will still be there though. Pitt should send them all handwritten thank you nights for being part of Back to The Future II: Narduzzi Tanks the Program
I’m out of town but I don’t think I’d go anyway. But I’ll certainly be watching that instead of the football. Then I’ll be watching the women on Friday night, but will have a conflict with mens hoops. Then on Saturday I might see if the wife wants to go to the volleyball game vs our arch rival. A #1 tourney seed could be on the line.

I’m out of town but I don’t think I’d go anyway. But I’ll certainly be watching that instead of the football. Then I’ll be watching the women on Friday night, but will have a conflict with mens hoops. Then on Saturday I might see if the wife wants to go to the volleyball game vs our arch rival. A #1 tourney seed could be on the line.
C’mon man. Football comes first…always…always…always.

I was told in another post that so many people care deeply about Pitt Olympic sports and that they have tens of thousands of fans. So Thursday is a great case study to prove that right. NCAAT soccer game at home vs the worst Pitt football team of all time hosting a bad BC team. I would think attendance should be better at soccer, right? So many people care.

Sure it does. Absolutely.

But not Thursday. Not this team. Not this opponent. Not this night. Frankly the only people in attendance should be player families. You’ll never see a more meaningless Pitt football game. How is the network and its broadcast team going to sell it to viewers?

Wasnt it 1996 when terrible Pitt inexplicably beat BC, also on a Thursday night, also fairly late in a dismal season? Similarly attended, or not attended, as it were (or will be), except it was at very, very dark Pitt Stadium instead of very, very bland Acrisure.

I was one of those dozens who did attend. It might have been Halloween, even. It was actually pretty fun. Pitt was suddenly hitting on plays that had failed miserably the entire season.

I believe Matt Lytle was QB and hit a bomb to … can’t remember (I never like to cheat and look up). Our RB, also can’t remember who, maybe Billy West? … ran wild.
The D that had infamously lost 72-0 earlier that season and also other games like 60-6, was stoning the Eagles. It was like, dam, where was this team all year?

Then it turned out later many BC players were on the take to throw the game.

So… I’m saying there’s a chance. Probably as long as that same thing happens.

Reactions: USN_Panther
I predicted a Pitt win on Thursday in the Syracuse game thread. I am starting to think they beat both BC and edge Duke for 4-8. Duke has no defense.

I was told in another post that so many people care deeply about Pitt Olympic sports and that they have tens of thousands of fans. So Thursday is a great case study to prove that right. NCAAT soccer game at home vs the worst Pitt football team of all time hosting a bad BC team. I would think attendance should be better at soccer, right? So many people care.
Doesn't the Pitt soccer stadium only hold like 1000 fans? If there's really interest, play at Highmark, but I doubt there is interest to be honest. Is it even on TV? ACCNX?

Will futbol be on TV? I'm not gonna lie though I kinda wanna see the Cincy Baltimore game.... decisions decisions.

Wasnt it 1996 when terrible Pitt inexplicably beat BC, also on a Thursday night, also fairly late in a dismal season? Similarly attended, or not attended, as it were (or will be), except it was at very, very dark Pitt Stadium instead of very, very bland Acrisure.

I was one of those dozens who did attend. It might have been Halloween, even. It was actually pretty fun. Pitt was suddenly hitting on plays that had failed miserably the entire season.

I believe Matt Lytle was QB and hit a bomb to … can’t remember (I never like to cheat and look up). Our RB, also can’t remember who, maybe Billy West? … ran wild.
The D that had infamously lost 72-0 earlier that season and also other games like 60-6, was stoning the Eagles. It was like, dam, where was this team all year?

Then it turned out later many BC players were on the take to throw the game.

So… I’m saying there’s a chance. Probably as long as that same thing happens.
Dwayne Schulters was our RB and Jake Hoffart wr. Yes Halloween night and BC players including Mr Hasselbeck were throwing games that season.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT