ADVERTISEMENT

I don’t understand this

BLH2P

Scholarship
Mar 19, 2019
The spread has actually increased from 3 to 6 in Pitt’s favor.
Kind of shocking considering BC’s close yet inspiring loss to UNC and Pitt being Pitt.

Reactions: PittMiamiRivalry
My view is the reaction on this board is worse than in the outside betting world. If anyone
watches the game who is not a fan (as we are) a different perspective could easily occur.
Granted we shoulda scored from the one yd. line, but the reality is our receiver tripped
over the yard line. He easily shoulda scored....he scores and we win. Also the dropped
pass right in Mack's hand cost us two pts. NCST scores and kicks the extra pt. and it
goes to overtime. IMO betters see it as an outlier on Pitt's part. We as fans see it as
a once again, piss poor performance that seemingly occurs every year.

Personally, I feel we all are looking at our awful OL performance. Also, the fact that
our daunted DLine couldn't get to the QB....he got it out of his hands real quick, he
deserves credit.

I ain't betting on this game because I see our potential, but I also am all to familiar
with how we can under perform as we did against NCST.

BTW, I see the OLINE problem as a much bigger issue than our RB's. Our RB's, while
not being elite, are good enough once in space. They can't do much when the OLINE
is getting pushed back into the backfield. Go back and re watch the game, and
concentrate on the OLINE's inability to move the opposition. They were totally
manhandled IMO. Yesterday's thread on OLINE recruiting of 3 and 2 stars says it all.

The spread has actually increased from 3 to 6 in Pitt’s favor.
Kind of shocking considering BC’s close yet inspiring loss to UNC and Pitt being Pitt.
Pitt isn't nearly as bad as they looked last week. The bookies know this even if some fans don't. Look for a major rebound in Boston.

Personally, I feel we all are looking at our awful OL performance. Also, the fact that
our daunted DLine couldn't get to the QB....he got it out of his hands real quick, he
deserves credit.

When Morrissey... wasn't he preseason 1st team All ACC?? is getting pushed into the backfield by #29... you know its going to be a long day.

As far as the QB goes... there were a lot of timing routes. Narduzzi does nothing to disrupt the routes...ever... and he wonders why teams keep exploiting it.

Actually he is supposed to with press coverage on the corners and line backers re-routing slot receivers. I m not sure if this was happening or not but it is supposed to.

Pitt isn't nearly as bad as they looked last week. The bookies know this even if some fans don't. Look for a major rebound in Boston.

I actually think we are closer looking to how we played last week than the surface examination of a 3-0 record from the week before. There were many frustrating moments in the 2nd and 3rd game that seemed to be a forecast for how we completely fell apart last Saturday.

I actually think we are closer looking to how we played last week than the surface examination of a 3-0 record from the week before. There were many frustrating moments in the 2nd and 3rd game that seemed to be a forecast for how we completely fell apart last Saturday.
I have to disagree. 6 offsides calls on the D isn't likely to be repeated any time soon.

Reactions: IntrospectiveYinzer
My view is the reaction on this board is worse than in the outside betting world. If anyone
watches the game who is not a fan (as we are) a different perspective could easily occur.
Granted we shoulda scored from the one yd. line, but the reality is our receiver tripped
over the yard line. He easily shoulda scored....he scores and we win. Also the dropped
pass right in Mack's hand cost us two pts. NCST scores and kicks the extra pt. and it
goes to overtime. IMO betters see it as an outlier on Pitt's part. We as fans see it as
a once again, piss poor performance that seemingly occurs every year.

deserves credit.

I ain't betting on this game because I see our potential, but I also am all to familiar
with how we can under perform as we did against NCST.

BTW, I see the OLINE problem as a much bigger issue than our RB's. Our RB's, while
not being elite, are good enough once in space. They can't do much when the OLINE
is getting pushed back into the backfield. Go back and re watch the game, and
concentrate on the OLINE's inability to move the opposition. They were totally
manhandled IMO. Yesterday's thread on OLINE recruiting of 3 and 2 stars says it all.
I thought the OL was below average entering this season. Now I think I may have been too kind as they are much below average on any run blocking play called. They are OK on Pass protection.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT