ADVERTISEMENT

I like Narduzzi, but

JS School

Junior
Aug 17, 2011
he seems pretty thin-skinned for a head coach. Maybe this Vukovcan guy was just making a mountain of a molehill for his own benefit. But if Narduzzi is really that upset about Lyke's tarping comments he is being silly. It's not like opposing coaches can't use empty yellow seats just as well as tarps as a negative recruiting tool. I have no opinion on tarping. It may look better, but you're not fooling anyone. And it sort of has a defeatist connotation to it.

I didn't think the timeout before the punt was "perfect", or even good. It was understandable, however. Four minutes left and facing a 4th and 9 is a tough call, I can see why you would want to talk it over. He seemed a little too eager to defend himself with the "perfect" comment, though.

I didn't see what he said about the final series. It was bad play calling, but if he said something along the lines of thinking that they had momentum from the previous play and that he had confidence in his offensive line, I could understand. Hopefully he didn't throw his players under the bus, or even publicly criticize Watson.

he seems pretty thin-skinned for a head coach. Maybe this Vukovcan guy was just making a mountain of a molehill for his own benefit. But if Narduzzi is really that upset about Lyke's tarping comments he is being silly. It's not like opposing coaches can't use empty yellow seats just as well as tarps as a negative recruiting tool. I have no opinion on tarping. It may look better, but you're not fooling anyone. And it sort of has a defeatist connotation to it.

I didn't think the timeout before the punt was "perfect", or even good. It was understandable, however. Four minutes left and facing a 4th and 9 is a tough call, I can see why you would want to talk it over. He seemed a little too eager to defend himself with the "perfect" comment, though.

I didn't see what he said about the final series. It was bad play calling, but if he said something along the lines of thinking that they had momentum from the previous play and that he had confidence in his offensive line, I could understand. Hopefully he didn't throw his players under the bus, or even publicly criticize Watson.
Vukovcan is a moron and a terrible "writer" but I do agree HCPN is very thin skinned and I worry he is out of his element when dealing with the media or being questioned. He acts like he is infallible, despite his team being 4-7 and the recruiting being below average.

Agree that HCPN can be thin skinned. I won't debate that.

But I also think he should be part of the discussion about tarping in Heinz especially before Lyke takes it public. So I certainly understand his frustration if that is true in regards to that.

And depending on the money for assistants.... he could be right and he could be wrong. What I mean is maybe his budget was so limited that Watson was the best he could do or maybe he knows he can't upgrade from Conklin because of limited budget. In those cases he is right. However, if he wants to keep assistants status quo and give them raises then I certainly understand Lyke telling him no. Really depends on what is being asked and what is truly going on.

why would money for astts even be coming up in the middle of the season. Im calling bull crap on this whole notion. I give a significant potion of my donation to Pitt in the form of a money donation to the Football championship fund. it is separate from the Panther Club and Pat Bostick is the Pitt fund raiser for this fund. It is outside the PC and I am not even sure Lyke controls this $$$ . I am not sure but this looks like money specially earmarked for Duzz .

ADVERTISEMENT