ADVERTISEMENT

I love this piece on 2022 PG Jalen Schifino!

Yes indeef! I think coach will make sure that won't be a major issue in the future. He's trying to bring in scores who can get there own shot and higher Bball IQ's to beat zones!
He should kill a 2-3 zone.

Last edited:
Prepare for incoming -

His game is very James Robinson like - which is a good thing
Better and more instinctive scorer though. JRob never had that "lead" mentality. Shifino also looks like he can break down defenders.

Actually, he reminds me alot of Cole Anthony.
Agreed. Cole is more athletic, but Hood-Schifino is a better passer. I also see a lot of Lonzo Ball in him.

Better and more instinctive scorer though. JRob never had that "lead" mentality. Shifino also looks like he can break down defenders.

Actually, he reminds me alot of Cole Anthony.

Robinson actually was pretty good at getting into the lane, he just didn't do it often enough, probably because his offensive arsenal when he got there wasn't that good. He never developed a floater and wasn't good at finishing at the rim so he was basically limited to pull up jumpers just inside the foul line. Great floor general and a good Pitt player but he could have been so much more if he developed a floater and improved his three point shot.

6'6 2022 5⭐️ Jalen Hood-Schifino Gives Jeff Capel his Point God of the FUTURE #BigGuard

WATCH : https://t.co/WVh8alrPAR https://t.co/BNapvTjJtd
What I love the most is his court sense. He is excellent at driving toward the hoop and, instead of bulling into double coverage, stop and pop that mid range jumper or shoot a floater. And the rest of his game is pretty damn good too.

What's scary about him is he has 2ys to get even better so if he has a good work ethic and by the way his game looks good already
I have no doubt that if he does we're going to get one heck of a player when he gets here.
What I love the most is his court sense. He is excellent at driving toward the hoop and, instead of bulling into double coverage, stop and pop that mid range jumper or shoot a floater. And the rest of his game is pretty damn good too.

Last edited:
Yeah they all said no. But oh how easily minds change.

You guys keep forgetting how unusual it is for a recruit to take the Jeffress road. Very very few kids reclass up unless they already reclassed down previously. And Jalen is not the Stanford grade student Will Jeffress is.

You guys keep forgetting how unusual it is for a recruit to take the Jeffress road. Very very few kids reclass up unless they already reclassed down previously. And Jalen is not the Stanford grade student Will Jeffress is.
Fair Point

Reactions: CougarClaws
Prepare for incoming -

His game is very James Robinson like - which is a good thing

Many more differences than similarities imo.

Jalen already has a better feel for the game than JRob, taller, better shot maker, better defensively too but they both play mostly with their feet on the ground.

In fairness, he is old for his grade - he’ll turn 18 the summer between his junior and senior year.

Many more differences than similarities imo.

Jalen already has a better feel for the game than JRob, taller, better shot maker, better defensively too but they both play mostly with their feet on the ground.
I don’t think that can be judged -
Don’t know the level of competition on those highlights -

but both as pass first , below the rim players who use body control to get off shots in the lane .

I think people are inferring differences based on body type rather than how they actually play

but both as pass first , below the rim players who use body control to get off shots in the lane .

I think people are inferring differences based on body type rather than how they actually play

Combine Academy National team plays at a high level of competition.

And Schifino is a sophomore floor leader, not just a facilitator. Seems more like Brandon or Levance than JRob. As far as a playmaker, JRob hit some big shots but it was more like a look what I found thing or a surprise.

Hopefully he sticks with Pitt. I have visions of Calipari coming calling for him to play at Kentucky a year from now and his never arriving at Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT