ADVERTISEMENT

I Went golfing this morning.

Las Panteras

All Conference
May 11, 2014
Full disclosure: I suck. Handicap 14. If I break 90 its an acceptable day

#4 is a short 280 yd par 4, but #5 handicap on the card. Normally i stupidly rip my driver only to snaphook into the woods. This morning i went 5 Iron off the tee for a solid par Yesterday, Wilcox stupidly pulled out driver and went for two when he should have laid up with an extra point)

2) all day, i hit my irons to a spot, being patient, not forcing anything stupid.....just like i was on the driving range (yesterday, Cal's iron play was atrocious leading to a comedy of penalties)

3) On #17, i have a solid round going. Im gonna do better than usual unless I f$@k this up royally. i was 145 to the pin, i chunked an 8 iron that was headed for the left bunker. Miraculously, i not only cleared the trap but got a lucky bounce onto the green and left with 20 feet. (The fumbled punt deep in our end in the 4rth quarter could have spelled lights out had it not ended up luckily fallen on by our guy. )

4) #18 in the fairway, 120 out on a par 4. Lets just say I smoothed a wedge to 15 feet while Cal's kicker tried to imitate me and shanked one into the right rough.

We got away with a ton of breaks yesterday. It is my most sincere hope that Pitt keeps cashing in

I carded a 78. Unlike Pitt (I hope) ill be back to 88-92 in no time.

#4 is a short 280 yd par 4, but #5 handicap on the card. Normally i stupidly rip my driver only to snaphook into the woods. This morning i went 5 Iron off the tee for a solid par Yesterday, Wilcox stupidly pulled out driver and went for two when he should have laid up with an extra point)

2) all day, i hit my irons to a spot, being patient, not forcing anything stupid.....just like i was on the driving range (yesterday, Cal's iron play was atrocious leading to a comedy of penalties)

3) On #17, i have a solid round going. Im gonna do better than usual unless I f$@k this up royally. i was 145 to the pin, i chunked an 8 iron that was headed for the left bunker. Miraculously, i not only cleared the trap but got a lucky bounce onto the green and left with 20 feet. (The fumbled punt deep in our end in the 4rth quarter could have spelled lights out had it not ended up luckily fallen on by our guy. )

4) #18 in the fairway, 120 out on a par 4. Lets just say I smoothed a wedge to 15 feet while Cal's kicker tried to imitate me and shanked one into the right rough.

We got away with a ton of breaks yesterday. It is my most sincere hope that Pitt keeps cashing in

Mr. Panteras,

You do not suck. You are in fact a better-than-average golfer. At one time, I used to post your kind of numbers but sadly that time has passed. Which is why I no longer golf. Try chasing a golf ball and posting +110 strokes: not fun my friend.

Nice tie-in with PItt football.

Reactions: Las Panteras
Not sure where you guys live…but golfing and 80 degree weather in Pittsburgh usually don’t go hand in hand chronologically with a Pitt team that’s already bowl eligible.

Cal also fumbled a punt at about their own 7 yard line. Lynum ran by the punt returner in case he faked the fair catch, so he could maybe down it inside the 5.

When the ball was fumbled, Lynum was just not able to stop and turn in time to get on the ball and Cal recovered. So those kinds of breaks often go BOTH ways.

It was a tight, hard fought game. Fortunately Pitt came out of it with a win and are now 6-0. 😃

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT