ADVERTISEMENT

I'd give my left arm

To play drums for Def Leppard?

56956F39-def-leppard-drummer-rick-allen-on-overcoming-arm-amputation-i-guess-now-im-in-the-learning-curve-stage-of-my-experience-my-recovery-my-forward-momentum-as-it-were-image.jpg

Great coaches who both had worse stretches than Dixon. You guys would have wanted both of them gone at some point.

I don't think Huggins would have survived the stretch he had at wvu if he had done it at Pitt. The fan base would have tried to completely run him off.

Hell, if tony Bennet switched places and was at Pitt the fan base would be ready to move on by now.

They were coaches who revamped their rosters during the downward turn, and both fanbases did turn the heat on them. They endured the heat, and Dixon ran to TCU.

There have been multiple pieces of evidence presented that show this isn't the case, and that Dixon really didn't want to leavez

Dixon ran away from the mess he created.

I'd say that DT is in a far better position than you to know what actually happened.

I see a roster full of guys that should be playing in the PSAC and a coach who wasn't able to get it fixed......so yea, I'd say he was running away. And nobody can tell me any differently no matter whose cousin's best friend's girlfriend's uncle's business partner tells them different.

I don't think Huggins would have survived the stretch he had at wvu if he had done it at Pitt. The fan base would have tried to completely run him off.

Hell, if tony Bennet switched places and was at Pitt the fan base would be ready to move on by now.
WV fans reacted the same way when WV struggled.

They were coaches who revamped their rosters during the downward turn, and both fanbases did turn the heat on them. They endured the heat, and Dixon ran to TCU.
Delpanther, we were discussing Huggins and ANOTHER JIG mentions Dixon. Wil the insanity never end????

There have been multiple pieces of evidence presented that show this isn't the case, and that Dixon really didn't want to leavez
There really haven't been. He surely was not showing he wanted to stay based on his coaching and recruiting or his staffing decisions. He was mailing it in and he ran as soon as the pressure was turned up, before the roster was exposed as terrible. What he set this program up for in 2017-18 is an absolute disgrace.

Its hard to even root against WVU anymore. I respect the sh!t out of Bob Huggins. What a phenomenal, phenomenal coach and recruiter.
He has come a long way from the Cincinnati days where he put together the lowest grad rate in the country.

Its hard to even root against WVU anymore. I respect the sh!t out of Bob Huggins. What a phenomenal, phenomenal coach and recruiter.
Huggins is a very good coach. He knows what KIND of player he wants, gets them, and coaches them UP. He very seldom gets top-line talent. Usually 3* players who are tough-minded aggressive kids. He has a recipe for his success. I doubt these same players would experience the same level of success in other programs. Konate is one example. I seriously doubt he would have improved as much as he has if he were in Pitt's program this year. Dixon use to have the same recipe but somehow lost it.

Huggins is a very good coach. He knows what KIND of player he wants, gets them, and coaches them UP. He very seldom gets top-line talent. Usually 3* players who are tough-minded aggressive kids. He has a recipe for his success. I doubt these same players would experience the same level of success in other programs. Konate is one example. I seriously doubt he would have improved as much as he has if he were in Pitt's program this year. Dixon use to have the same recipe but somehow lost it.
Konate is the exact kind of guy we used to get. We had him in the bag, and then Dixon dropped the ball. They pursued Manigault instead.

Great coaches who both had worse stretches than Dixon. You guys would have wanted both of them gone at some point.

Jamie Dixon is a better coach than Mike Brey. He has gotten the same results with less talent and desirable location. Huggins on the other hand has multiple final fours and elite 8s so he gets more leeway than most coaches and is of course the best coach of the three by a lot.

Not really, plus huggy is alumni and a native son.
He ran to the rescue when Beilein bolted.
He's essentially the opposite of Sean miller in that regard.

Or perhaps how tcu will view dixon?

People forget just how effed up WVU was for a time being. They fired Catlett. The program had a bunch of thugs, they hired Dan Dakich, Dakich saw the mess, and quit before coaching one game. And here is where WVU always seems to differ and diverge from Pitt. Instead of compounding the problem, they make a wise choice and hire John Beilein. They first went after Huggins, but at the time Huggins had something going on a UC and WVU was a mess. So....Beilein resurrects the program, takes them to an Elite 8, and then gets a call from Michigan, and at the same time Huggins was ostracized to KState, and the marriage was now consummated. WVU was a bit lucky in timing...but they lately have made good coaching decisions.

Reactions: sgfeer
He is a very good coach, and Brey is as well.

Brey evolved. I did not think he was a great coach 5-6 years ago. His teams were too inconsistent. Beat a top 10 team on Saturday, lose to Depaul and Southern Illinois the next two games. He is a very good coach now. He has learned to make very good adjustments in-game and over the season based on his personnel.

Jamie Dixon is a better coach than Mike Brey. He has gotten the same results with less talent and desirable location. Huggins on the other hand has multiple final fours and elite 8s so he gets more leeway than most coaches and is of course the best coach of the three by a lot.
Dixon owned Huggins head to head. Huggy is a good coach but he also has been bounced from the NCAA the first weekend 15 times, including 6 times in the first round.

Dixon owned Huggins head to head. Huggy is a good coach but he also has been bounced from the NCAA the first weekend 15 times, including 6 times in the first round.

Who has more final fours and elite 8?! And remember Dixon only made it out of the first weekend 3x in his career himself. He seems to own everyone in the regular season but no cares because he has a terrible tournament resume.

Last edited:
Who has more final fours and elite 8?! And remember Dixon only made it out of the first weekend 3x in his career himself. He seems to own everyone in the regular season but no cares because he has a terrible tournament resume.
He's coached for something like 37 years. He's a good coach.

If by terrible, you mean average... i agreed

No that is fair. That being said his mediocre record feels terrible because almost every year he he had a top 3 seed and never made it out of the first weekend. It's almost unfathomable that they only made one elite 8 and never beat a higher seed except that one 8-9 game a couple of years ago

BTW I think Jamie was awesome it frustrated me they didn't do better in the ncaas

ADVERTISEMENT