ADVERTISEMENT

If any of you missed the WV HS 🏆 on ATTSN, you are in luck

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
If you missed them Saturday, you are in luck because ATTSN is re-running them. Tonight at 9:30, you can watch Jamea Monroe vs Williamstown.

I kind of remember a thread about the WPIAL being too poor to produce their own television broadcast to give to a local channel. I also remember hearing ATTSN couldn't afford the production and that WPCW couldn't afford the production (despite somehow finding enough money to televise regular season games, must have gone broke doing that). I guess there is endless money in West By God Virginia to get really bad high school football championships televised.

If you missed them Saturday, you are in luck because ATTSN is re-running them. Tonight at 9:30, you can watch Jamea Monroe vs Williamstown.

I kind of remember a thread about the WPIAL being too poor to produce their own television broadcast to give to a local channel. I also remember hearing ATTSN couldn't afford the production and that WPCW couldn't afford the production (despite somehow finding enough money to televise regular season games, must have gone broke doing that). I guess there is endless money in West By God Virginia to get really bad high school football championships televised.
Count Me In Rick And Morty GIF

I have Hulu+Live TV, so that channel is obsolete to me.

Yeah I was switching some channels last Friday night and saw "High School football" on ATTSN and turned it on hoping it was local but alas, two HS's in West Virginia even I never heard of.

Yeah I was switching some channels last Friday night and saw "High School football" on ATTSN and turned it on hoping it was local but alas, two HS's in West Virginia even I never heard of.

But the WPIAL and WPCW cannot figure out a way to get games televised that have been since the 1980s. Perhaps if the WPIAL spent less money on legal fees to prevent kids from transferring, they could afford to do their own broadcast and give it to WPCW or ATTSN to put on TV. I read that the WPIAL ruled a black player ineligible to play for Imani (predominantly black) after transferring from Canevin (predominantly white) even after the Canevin coach stated there were some racial issues on the team. First of all, take the race thing out of it, they are both private schools. All the family has to say is "we like the math program at Imani" and it should be done. How in the world could you prove that he didn't transfer for math? We are allowing college players play for 4 teams in 5 years but they dont let HS players play for 2 different PRIVATE schools?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT